• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Rifle "The Beast"

Re: GAP Rifle "The Beast"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seth,
Do you find it slightly hypocritical that you're caviling about this rifle yet your avatar shows arguably an "evil" character?

</div></div>

Read through all the posts, this has already been discussed and my avatar was removed when it was brought to by attention.

Fact of the matter is, it is not The Beast aka Satan, and I don't have 666 all over it. But none the less it is gone. Why does it bother you that I don't enjoy the scene on this rifle because if what my beliefs are? #666 and the Beast come straight out o the book of Revalation. If you haven't read it you should. You might think twice about putting him in this light.

I'm not judging you or anyone else? I don't believe that i am better than you.

I don't believe that i deserve to go to heaven and you don't.

Honestly I believe that i deserve to go to hell for the things that i have done, but because what Christ did for me I don't have to.

Why does that bother you, and why does it matter to you that i don't find this rifle appealing at all but actually the opposite?

Not judging you bro. I'm the last person to be judging anyone. Just my opinion on the paint.

Take care
Seth

Seth,
You have no idea who you are speaking with. My depth of knowledge on theology and apologetics is far beyond you "recent conversion" which is betrayed by your misguided, over enthusiasm for something that isn't there. Now if you want to discuss via PM you're welcome to as this thread has been forced into a religious diatribe and will shortly be locked I'm sure.

Good for you bud. Fact of the matter is, all I did was state my opinion on the paint and why. Same as the other 100 posts on this thread. You are the ones that keep asking me, what my issue is. This would have ended along time ago if my opinion would have been respected like the positive ones.

I'm glad you are a self proclaimed theologeon. Good for you bud, but you apparently missed the point of the Book. I'm done.

I made a joke as you were the most adamant and off base. I would grasp the subject of "context". Besides, that more in your eye seems to be getting larger. Can you still see mine?

Thanks for dropping it

Not a recent conversion there good buddy. 25 years and running, my enthusism is is not because of a recent event, or circumstance. Only the subject matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #990000">as this thread has been forced into a religious diatribe and will shortly be locked I'm sure. </span></div></div>

Sooo... George can we get a range report on this?

Maybe a list of specs as well?

make one called the voldemort too lol, but you better hope Seth isn't a harry potter fan...

I vaguely remember reading something in sunday school in the effect of..........

"on the eighth day God created GAP rifles, the Devil jumped to the phone to inquire what the lead time would be on a custom build"

Some peoples kids............Rifle is diff. thats for sure. hope it shoots good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">true! every the time case is opened.... this starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS4bJ9uTmhY</div></div>

If we're going to do a lamb of God song at least make it a good one.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkrlq3cX9Pg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkrlq3cX9Pg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we're going to do a lamb of God song at least make it a good one.</div></div>

There is no such thing as a "good" Lamb of God song - every song they create is metal as hell and amazing...just like GAP rifles.

...and this is the theme song for the theme rifle.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kHdopiRlgyA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kHdopiRlgyA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I vaguely remember reading something in sunday school in the effect of..........

"on the eighth day God created GAP rifles, the Devil jumped to the phone to inquire what the lead time would be on a custom build" </div></div>

Damn, George must be running behind. Here we are in 2012 and they just got his rifle done...

I have also heard that on the 8th day God created the Remington bolt action rifle so man could fight the dinosaurs and the homosexuals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I vaguely remember reading something in sunday school in the effect of..........

"on the eighth day God created GAP rifles, the Devil jumped to the phone to inquire what the lead time would be on a custom build" </div></div>

Damn, George must be running behind. Here we are in 2012 and they just got his rifle done...

I have also heard that on the 8th day God created the Remington bolt action rifle so man could fight the dinosaurs and the homosexuals. </div></div>

DING DING......
grin.gif

It's ridiculous that GAP has to put a disclaimer in there about not supporting devil worship. Seriously, people need to lay off of the superstition crack pipe.

Nice rifle
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's ridiculous that GAP has to put a disclaimer in there about not supporting devil worship. <span style="font-weight: bold"> Seriously, people need to lay off of the superstition crack pipe.</span>

Nice rifle
smile.gif
</div></div>

That would be too normal though lol

Check it out guys, we need to get something straight.

When I first saw the rifle, I thought it looked pretty freakin sweet. Then I saw the references to Satan and the Anti-Christ and that's where I took a step to the right. A lot of that stuff looks a lot like the tattoos I have all over my body, you know skulls, flames, spiders, webs, SS bolts and vikings with bloody axes standing on a pile of skulls. Warrior crap. It is the type of individuals we are. I do have an issue with the Anti- Christ however (go figure I'm a Christian), the same issue a Jew would have with the swastica, or for instance the SS Bolts on my chest. If you can't understand that, then you are an idiot and shouldn't be handling firearms because you ate gonna hurt yourself or infinatley worse......someone else.

Do the bolts me something different to me? Of course, but I can understand why that Jew over there may have taken it the wrong way, but that's his right. You have your opinion and i have mine. We do not agree, but i WILL fight to the death to make sure you maintain the freedom to have you own your own opinion. And you would do the same for me. That's what makes this country what it is. The type of people here on this Forum, are the people that make this country great. It is what it is.

I'm not mad, irritated, losing sleep, upset, and my head is not spinning around in circles on my neck while puking accross the room over the pictures on that rifle. There just not for me, and you know why. Fair enough. If the smartass comments had not been made about each others opinions, this thread would still be on its first page. We're stubborn "A" types and none of us are about to lose.LOL.

As far as the "Nancy" comments go..........if we are ever at a match together(without a keyboard and monitor inbetween us) and you feel the need to test that theory, I will give you every opportunity to do so, and win lose or draw by the end of it you will have confirmed or denied your theory. Like I said before, not mad or upset, just trying to help you with your hypothesis.

George,

That is a pretty sick rifle, and i know like all your rifles, its gonna hammer. If it didn't have the references to Satan, is be all over it. I like the art and the rifle, just a couple of the pics I could do without, either way, you did a hell of a job on it LOL.

Oh, Lamb of God is all wrong.........go with...... Six Feet Under.."Human Target"! That ones perfect. Someone give me a hand posting that YouTube link up here. Im still kinda slow of computer gig haha.

Take care guys,
Seth

Here ya go Seth. I agree, too many feelings hurt from a good paint job that everyone got bothered about.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vl72Gqz1yM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vl72Gqz1yM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here ya go Seth. I agree, too many feelings hurt from a good paint job that everyone got bothered about. </div></div>

For a second I thought I was back in the Sandbox listening to the locals go on and on about something innocuous insulting their religion.

Seth, I respect your opinion, I'm not at all upset about it, in one post I felt that you thought we were mocking god. Or paying Praise to The Devil. It's just a Beast rifle as it bears the Number straight from revelations and as you know the antichrist is part of that. Being true to theme. No more no less. I have already Informed Bill that he is in charge of any upset people at the shot show over it.

Damn......is it over???

I just picked up a pack of smokes and a sixer and am settling in for tonights thread watching entertainment.

After reading this thread (both sides of opinion) I came to an interesting realization. The entire time this rifle went from idea to finished product not one of us at GAP ever thought of the intense symbolism involved.

This either means that we are all suckling from the devil's teat or it is just another good paint job on another good rifle.

You decide for yourself. I have no fucks to be given towards your opinion.

Ern
GA Precision

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seth, I respect your opinion, I'm not at all upset about it, in one post I felt that you thought we were mocking god. Or paying Praise to The Devil. It's just a Beast rifle as it bears the Number straight from revelations and as you know the antichrist is part of that. Being true to theme. No more no less. I have already Informed Bill that he is in charge of any upset people at the shot show over it. </div></div>

We're all good George. I apologize if i came on to strong in some of my posts, I have a tendancy to do that haha. It is what is is man. We have an understanding. Honestly, there was a couple of comments that were made (not by you) that kinda set me off. My issues started more with those comments than the paint on the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here ya go Seth. I agree, too many feelings hurt from a good paint job that everyone got bothered about.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vl72Gqz1yM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vl72Gqz1yM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Thanks bro.

I don't know........I think this one is a better fit.....but that's just my opinion (hahaha)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seth, I respect your opinion, I'm not at all upset about it, in one post I felt that you thought we were mocking god. Or paying Praise to The Devil. It's just a Beast rifle as it bears the Number straight from revelations and as you know the antichrist is part of that. Being true to theme. No more no less. I have already Informed Bill that he is in charge of any upset people at the shot show over it. </div></div>

I respectfully request that you put me in charge of the nancy fanny bandits that get pissy at a FIREARMS trade show over a themed rifle!!!

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here ya go Seth. I agree, too many feelings hurt from a good paint job that everyone got bothered about. </div></div>

For a second I thought I was back in the Sandbox listening to the locals go on and on about something innocuous insulting their religion. </div></div>

I remember those!! Lmao

Ok, I wasn't going to comment, but I can't help myself.

First, I'm not a fan of the rifle. I wouldn't shoot it. I wouldn't keep it in my house. Of course, I don't go to movies with demonic themes either. Guess I'm a "nancy boy." Oh well, I can live with that... I have a lot of respect for George and have purchased several rifles from him previously. Not as many as some have, but I'm early in my career, so check back in 10 years. Even though I disagree with the design, I don't think George did it with any intent.

Second, Seth, I appreciate your standing up for your beliefs and I'm sorry that you are being "attacked." You've earned my respect. In several ways...

Third, I wish this thread had come along earlier. There's one vendor that has certainly lost my business with some of his comments. I've purchased from him in the past year, and it wasn't a great transaction. Now, I have one more reason to avoid him. I'm sure he doesn't really care though, but hopefully I won't be alone...

Lastly, I hope action 777 gets some heavenly attention to even out things...

CWJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robozebra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I wasn't going to comment, but I can't help myself.

First, I'm not a fan of the rifle. I wouldn't shoot it. I wouldn't keep it in my house. Of course, I don't go to movies with demonic themes either. Guess I'm a "nancy boy." Oh well, I can live with that... I have a lot of respect for George and have purchased several rifles from him previously. Not as many as some have, but I'm early in my career, so check back in 10 years. Even though I disagree with the design, I don't think George did it with any intent.

Second, Seth, I appreciate your standing up for your beliefs and I'm sorry that you are being "attacked." You've earned my respect. In several ways...

Third, I wish this thread had come along earlier. There's one vendor that has certainly lost my business with some of his comments. I've purchased from him in the past year, and it wasn't a great transaction. Now, I have one more reason to avoid him. I'm sure he doesn't really care though, but hopefully I won't be alone...

Lastly, I hope action 777 gets some heavenly attention to even out things...

CWJ </div></div>

I appreciate that bud. Apparently the comments that set me off, bothered you abit as well.

I also do not believe George and GA had any meant ill intentions with this build.

Different symbols mean different things to different people, ie

Swasticas and SS Bolts to Jews and holocaust survivors

Confederate Flags to African Americans

666, upside down crosses, and pentagrams to Christians

As long as the people that are posting or advertising those symbols are understanding of that reality and the heat brought on by those symbols then.......well.....its America....do your thing.

FWIW (not much to most here) I wish you could see the point behind what Seth is trying to say, instead of mocking his words with sarcasm and hate (even if its done with secular education). Personally without ever meeting him (and others here) its clear to see where our beliefs lay (and differ) from others. I dont get the feeling that anyone is forcing any belief on anyone else but I find it interesting at the outlash towards the mentioning of our Savior Jesus Christ. I dont ask you to believe. God doesnt make you believe. Its by free will. If you dont care about any of the above then dont comment. If you think the earth formed itself over time or we came from aliens or are all figments of our own imagination then why waste your time on some sinners that can admit to God theyre wrong?

Is it a good shooting gun? Could be GAP quality. Never owned one.

Like someone said I think the artists talents were not used for the best here but who am I to say its value?

As long as no one does one up combining swastikas with the Confederate flag with little 666s for stars...

That rifle is bad ass! Grew up listening to heavy metal in the 80's, so all the devil symbols don't bother me.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BGEFIVEFOURONE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont get the feeling that anyone is forcing any belief on anyone else but I find it interesting at the outlash towards the mentioning of our Savior Jesus Christ.</div></div>

But can you understand how silly that sounds to people who have no association with your religion? This entire thread feels like deja vu to me, but instead of Danish cartoons it's an awesome paint job on a rifle with a bit of tongue-in-cheek thrown in. Seriously, you'd think people on the Hide would have a thicker...hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BGEFIVEFOURONE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont get the feeling that anyone is forcing any belief on anyone else but I find it interesting at the outlash towards the mentioning of our Savior Jesus Christ.</div></div>

But can you understand how silly that sounds to people who have no association with your religion? This entire thread feels like deja vu to me, but instead of Danish cartoons it's an awesome paint job on a rifle with a bit of tongue-in-cheek thrown in. Seriously, you'd think people on the Hide would have a thicker...hide. </div></div>

Didn't ask you to understand it.

Just our opinion. You have yours, we have ours. We respect yours, you should pay the same respect. That's all.

Read my earlier post about people who can't understand why peoples opinions may differ on particular symbols or subject manner and maybe you should just leave it alone.

Seth, sorry bro - I know you're getting a few fans based on your supposed beliefs but I'm not one of them. I think you're toeing the line of hypocrasy because you state that you have artwork that others would find offensive on your skin (despite how you view it) and yet here you are being the most vocal against artwork precisely because of how you view it.

You make your comments and then immediatly make comments diminishing the opinions of others. You poison the well with your fallacy viewpoints.

You make comment after comment explaining yourself and your views yet you do not extend the same leeway to those who would oppose your stance. You have taken on a "you (individual) vs. us (collective)" mentality with regards to a fucking piece of artwork on a rifle with a sequentially numbered receiver that ended up being a tongue in cheek theme rifle. Get a grip brother.

I'm sure there are better battles out there for us all to fight.

The rifle is badass. Say what you want about the art - I would say that if a testimony of Christ is such that artwork would infringe upon or threaten it, that testimony best be reevaluated and reconnected at a fundamental level.

Just saying because no one else has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: parkj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like this is a gun thread not a religous thread get over it ... </div></div>

+10000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seth, sorry bro - I know you're getting a few fans based on your supposed beliefs but I'm not one of them. I think you're toeing the line of hypocrasy because you state that you have artwork that others would find offensive on your skin (despite how you view it) and yet here you are being the most vocal against artwork precisely because of how you view it.

You make your comments and then immediatly make comments diminishing the opinions of others. You poison the well with your fallacy viewpoints.

You make comment after comment explaining yourself and your views yet you do not extend the same leeway to those who would oppose your stance. You have taken on a "you (individual) vs. us (collective)" mentality with regards to a fucking piece of artwork on a rifle with a sequentially numbered receiver that ended up being a tongue in cheek theme rifle. Get a grip brother.

I'm sure there are better battles out there for us all to fight.

The rifle is badass. Say what you want about the art - I would say that if a testimony of Christ is such that artwork would infringe upon or threaten it, that testimony best be reevaluated and reconnected at a fundamental level.

Just saying because no one else has.

</div></div>

Okay...........

Call me a hypocrite because I have an opinion about the symbols on that rifle based on my beliefs. Exactly what I was talking about. You say the rifle is awesome, I say I could do without some of the symbols based on a my faith. That statement then somehow bothers you to the point that you must look for some flaws in me and call me a hypocrite. Sounds as if youre the one doing the judging bud. Not me.

I never said I was perfect, and not in need of forgiveness. I'm just not in need if yours. Your sins are no less severe than mine, and mine are no less severe than yours. They all carry the same penalty. Mine were paid at a VERY high cost. You are afforded that same privlage as well, but accepting that is up to you. If you want to know how feel free to PM me anytime.

I guess your opinion of me would somehow affect me if i was seeking YOUR forgiveness and approval, but I'm not so it doesn't.

That's fine bud, its not uncommon, and your not special. You didn't just come up with something never before thought of. It just shows your lack of understanding towards someones beliefs that don't happen to be your own.

It's all good man, take care, I'm done. You can have the last word if you like,
Seth

It's crazy. I was a Christian, until I saw this rifle. Now I've been forced to convert to satanism just because I laid eyes on the beast.

People need to get a grip. If you're secure in your beliefs, this shouldn't even blip your radar

I understand your point JRose. It doesn't blip my personal radar and it shouldn't. We all have different life experiences that can influence our interpretation of art. Some of us have seen the very real damage that Satan can cause and it forces red flags to go off in our mind. I think most all of us are in agreeance, just want people be cautious.

Sombody slap me! I just talked about my feelings on the intersnets! Must go reload.

That rifle is Bad ass! I am going to have to send another stock to Jeromy..I definetly need a Devil gun. His work is incredible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's crazy. I was a Christian, until I saw this rifle. Now I've been forced to convert to satanism just because I laid eyes on the beast.

People need to get a grip. If you're secure in your beliefs, this shouldn't even blip your radar </div></div>

I agree but this thread is still going off course lol. It's like a painting really, people will take it differently. Regardless the theme it's still a pretty sharp looking rifle. The scarier finish we should be investigating is VJJ's dick stock lmao, i'm still laughing about that. I thought he was just BSing.

Holy SHIT! It is artwork, no one is forcing you to like it or buy it.
Stop crying about it Seth!

As much as I respect the quality of work that George and GAP put out, I'm also not a fan of the rifle. Not only do I think its in incredibly poor taste, I think the scheme is ugly. Just an opinion of course, but I certainly wouldn't drop any of my hard earned cash on it to keep it in my safe.

And while I don't think there was any mal intent with this, intent is irrelevant...it's about the impact.

Seth, like some of the others here, I appreciate your standing up for your beliefs and think it's bullshit hat you are being "attacked" for them as well. You've got my respect for choosing the path you did.

CWJ - I'm with you on there being multiple shops/vendors who I won't do business with going forward. The beautiful thing about e-comm and the current state of the business is that there is no shortage of places to spend your money - and I spend a shit ton of it in this space - so while the impact may be small relative to the whole, there is still an impact.