• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

i new to chrono's and my first was a magnetospeed v3. had some shots that wouldnt clock but normally pretty good.

picked up a xero c1 last week and noticed it clocked faster on 2 of my 308 loads by 100 fps and 75fps BUT it was spot on with the 223 ammo tested.

i figure it was the magnetospeed being off because sometimes it would come loose and not read. glad to have the xero since the v3 seemed hard to get tight to the barrel and it works with everything. i have some rifles with rails out to the end of the barrel and am not interested in setting up an old school chrono.

Last edited:
Yes, you can pull session files directly off the Garmin and dump into a computer directory.
The problem is that they are not .CSV files. They are some weird Autocad raster file that is unreadable. They get converted to .CSV files when the unit auto dumps from your phone as an email.

Right now if your session doesn't autodump into Shotview you can still see the data on the Xeros.
I have hope that may change because the Garmin guy did say "currently".

Still better than anything else by a long shot.

BugIn

Just got in from vacation. Haven't had time to get to the range with it, but had to play with it. It clocked the salt from a freaking bug assault. It's a wild time to be alive.

pS8mZ3P.jpg

vDqQV5H.jpg

Wow....

Just got back from my first trip to the range with my Xero. This is my first chrono so nothing to compare it to. So simple and easy to use, and that says a lot coming from me LOL. Did 5 round samples of the 10 different 223/556 cartridges I have. Still have to sit down and sort through, but found some interesting observations as I was shooting.

edit: just downloaded a session from my phone via email, downloaded it and pulled it up in excel. Can't get much easier than what I experienced.

Last edited:
Just got in from vacation. Haven't had time to get to the range with it, but had to play with it. It clocked the salt from a freaking bug assault. It's a wild time to be alive.

pS8mZ3P.jpg

vDqQV5H.jpg
But do you reload? Serious bug smashers reload and do ladder tests and use tuners and whatnot.

• Haha
Reactions: Herb Stoner
Is anyone moving one of these around different setups? It seems like the laser would be off if they didn’t share the same height over bore. Is my understanding correct?

Is anyone moving one of these around different setups? It seems like the laser would be off if they didn’t share the same height over bore. Is my understanding correct?
It doesn't use a laser. It's a Doppler chronograph.

Are you asking if you can move it around between different guns? Yes, you can.