• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

Was at MPA 2 day match this weekend. Lots of top PRS talent - not me. At zero benches an unknown shooter came up to zero/chrono and he had the new Garmin chrono mounted to left side of rifle with mount that went from bottom of unit to ARCA rail on rifle. Seemed to work great and was drawing a crowd as I moved off the zero bench area.

Reactions: southernpew
A friend of mine was also at the MPA fall shootout and he said Chad Heckler had one and was working great

@flyer1a is the arm compatible with any clamp that will do both arca and pic?
SC ARC For example?
So we can attach to both arca or pic rail along bottom of rifle.

Would also be interesting if there was a way to mount to top rail along NV bridge and have it hang off to the side still...

@flyer1a is the arm compatible with any clamp that will do both arca and pic?
SC ARC For example?
So we can attach to both arca or pic rail along bottom of rifle.

Would also be interesting if there was a way to mount to top rail along NV bridge and have it hang off to the side still...
I don't see why you couldn't. Basically invert the RRS clamp, clamp it from the bottom, and RRS clamp to pic rail.

The area419 clamps are generally standard arms17 hole pattern, so a RRS, Wiser, etc will work.

Reactions: flyer1a
I don't see why you couldn't. Basically invert the RRS clamp, clamp it from the bottom, and RRS clamp to pic rail.
The alignment screws / boss appear to be set up for inline from the bottom so you can mount off a top rail on scope mount...
I'm not sure you can do what I'll thinking with off top of handguard / NV rail and stick out to side
The area419 clamps are generally standard arms17 hole pattern, so a RRS, Wiser, etc will work.
I thought it was the standard they used but wanted to make sure before I started ordering stuff

The alignment screws / boss appear to be set up for inline from the bottom so you can mount off a top rail on scope mount...
I'm not sure you can do what I'll thinking with off top of handguard / NV rail and stick out to side

I thought it was the standard they used but wanted to make sure before I started ordering stuff
So use a nodal rail, inverted, with a double sided arca clamp. All this can be purchased on Amazon.

Reactions: MilSpecOkie
Curious why this is being touted as the Labradar killer? If this only takes velocity at the muzzle compared to the Labradar which can read projectile speed at different distances. Are velocity readings at multiple distances not important to long distance shooters?

Curious why this is being touted as the Labradar killer? If this only takes velocity at the muzzle compared to the Labradar which can read projectile speed at different distances. Are velocity readings at multiple distances not important to long distance shooters?
Honestly, no, it's worthless to me. If I really wanted to know, I'd put it in my Kestrel and it would give me approximate numbers. Labradar can also give an impromptu BC, but most of the time it's so far off that it can't be believed anyway. All I really care about is whether the elevation value in my Kestrel is right. The easiest way to get there is to use a tested G7 from the AB library, and correct inputs, muzzle velocity being one of the most important.

It's always been the 19th.

Honestly, no, it's worthless to me. If I really wanted to know, I'd put it in my Kestrel and it would give me approximate numbers. Labradar can also give an impromptu BC, but most of the time it's so far off that it can't be believed anyway. All I really care about is whether the elevation value in my Kestrel is right. The easiest way to get there is to use a tested G7 from the AB library, and correct inputs, muzzle velocity being one of the most important.
Exactly! Now if it could come up with a CDM that imports into the AB solver, might be worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: USMC22
Someday that might be possible for the equivalent or todays 600 bucks, but not anytime soon.
Imagine the Vortex Impact 4000 LRF with a chronograph all talking to your kestrel (or internally with a good ballistic solver) with an average MV being always updated. That I dont think is so far off given how small some of the FX Airguns chronographs are. Within the next 3-4 years for sure. But for now - get me this Garmin asap.

Imagine the Vortex Impact 4000 LRF with a chronograph all talking to your kestrel (or internally with a good ballistic solver) with an average MV being always updated. That I dont think is so far off given how small some of the FX Airguns chronographs are. Within the next 3-4 years for sure. But for now - get me this Garmin asap.

Imagine the impact 4000 talking to your kestrel for ballistics. Were not even getting that 🙄

Imagine the impact 4000 talking to your kestrel for ballistics. Were not even getting that 🙄
I know. For the life of me I dont understand why they didnt provide AB link as well as their own solver. Especially since the Fury's have AB.

The fact that they are updating the app before the product is even released is a really good sign that they are taking this seriously and implementing feedback from the guys out there that have them already as quickly as possible. There was a small update today. Jake won't spill the beans or at least shouldn't as whoever it is would lose thier account with garmin real quick, unless it's FROM Garmin.

Reactions: TheOE800
The fact that they are updating the app before the product is even released is a really good sign that they are taking this seriously and implementing feedback from the guys out there that have them already as quickly as possible. There was a small update today. Jake won't spill the beans or at least shouldn't as whoever it is would lose thier account with garmin real quick, unless it's FROM Garmin.
I'm ok with a PM @jakeb

Dont listen to this goody twoshoes, spill the tea. I'm over here waiting with my pants unzipped and my card out rn.

Sorry, y’all. In the middle of packing my
house for a move. Stopped for a bite to eat and here’s the scoop…

Went to a local shop that sells other Garmin devices (think either bike stuff or fishing stuff). Asked the owner who is a good friend to order some for me.

Original ETA was for December, just got the call this evening that they are due for delivery a week from today.

there's no way these are going to bass pros, dicks and best buys right? Those seem to be some of the biggest Garmin distributors and I want to get one

I know. For the life of me I dont understand why they didnt provide AB link as well as their own solver. Especially since the Fury's have AB.

The fury was release before Vortex acquired GeoBallistics.

Applied Ballistics doesn't promote or sell any other software than their own. It doesn't benefit Vortex to promote another solver when they have purchased and invested in their own solver.

The fury was release before Vortex acquired GeoBallistics.

Applied Ballistics doesn't promote or sell any other software than their own. It doesn't benefit Vortex to promote another solver when they have purchased and invested in their own solver.
promoting and allowing pass-thru to the industry standard are two different things. I hope people push back on them for this. Can't imagine there are many people paying 2k for this who don't own a kestrel already

there's no way these are going to bass pros, dicks and best buys right? Those seem to be some of the biggest Garmin distributors and I want to get one
Bass Pro maybe. Depends on the store. I doubt Best Buy wants anything to do with Garmin's shooting related products.

promoting and allowing pass-thru to the industry standard are two different things. I hope people push back on them for this. Can't imagine there are many people paying 2k for this who don't own a kestrel already

It will use the weather data from Kestrel. Which is what the Kestrel is the industry standard for.

It would be a pretty bad move business wise for Vortex to not keep people locked into their ballistic program when they basically have the only device in this price range for weapon mounted.

I'm sure they bought GeoBallistics as an investment and plan to build upon it. You don't allow pass through to use competing software if this is the case. Especially when you have the market cornered on this particular device.

It will use the weather data from Kestrel. Which is what the Kestrel is the industry standard for.

It would be a pretty bad move business wise for Vortex to not keep people locked into their ballistic program when they basically have the only device in this price range for weapon mounted.

I'm sure they bought GeoBallistics as an investment and plan to build upon it. You don't allow pass through to use competing software if this is the case. Especially when you have the market cornered on this particular device.

The industry standard isthe solver not enviro?

I’m not buying one because I won’t go to a lesser engine - hope others do the same and force them to open it.

Just got an update to the Android app... I guess somebody's trying to make sure that it is a finished product when the Chrono comes out.

I’m not buying one because I won’t go to a lesser engine - hope others do the same and force them to open it.

AB is likely the most popular, but definitely not the "standard." I personally use AB mostly.....but hornady 4dof and geo ballistics are also fairly popular as well. Not to mention Strelok was possibly more popular than any of them before the latest international issues.

There won't be enough who don't buy this to matter. It's the only weapon mounted laser in this price range.

Reactions: jwramp and Baron23
Ours landed yesterday. Did a quick test and looks promising. Hope to get out and run Magnetospeed and the XERO C1 at the same time.

Me too. I love my AB solver and wont downgrade. I wish they just allowed it to talk through Link and then I would just use it as an LRF. People who dont have kestrels and a ton of devices that talk to it can still use the unit standalone without an AB drive. Doesnt SIG do that? They have their own solver but you can also connect to the Kestrel.

Me too. I love my AB solver and wont downgrade. I wish they just allowed it to talk through Link and then I would just use it as an LRF. People who dont have kestrels and a ton of devices that talk to it can still use the unit standalone without an AB drive. Doesnt SIG do that? They have their own solver but you can also connect to the Kestrel.

Sig does exactly that. I use their 5k as my LRF. They do however lock you to 800 yards max without a kestrel which is weird (presumably an AB term?)

I just bought 2 because of this comment. Lol. Seriously, if they want to use applied ballistics they have to pay fees to ab. What company would do that. If you look at any big websites. The impact 4ks are sold out and have a waitlist.

I just bought 2 because of this comment. Lol. Seriously, if they want to use applied ballistics they have to pay fees to ab. What company would do that. If you look at any big websites. The impact 4ks are sold out and have a waitlist.

Show the receipts if it’s true! How is it simultaneously out of stock yet you just bought two? 🤔

We’re talking about pass-thru not native AB. What company would do that? Idk vortex and sig have been doing it for years up until this point for vortex.

Yes - I think that if they used the solver natively they would, however the Link system is Kestrel and Im pretty sure they dont charge for that since you still need to buy their unit. Its how my Terrapin X speaks to my Kestrel.

There would likely be no charge for them to send range data to the kestrel with AB.

It's just not a good business idea for them while they have a stronghold on the market and can force people to use their newly acquired software. As most know, half the battle is getting your product exposure.

In a spot where there's not choice but to use it, you'll end up bringing in a lot of users who would otherwise never have used your solver.

There would likely be no charge for them to send range data to the kestrel with AB.

It's just not a good business idea for them while they have a stronghold on the market and can force people to use their newly acquired software. As most know, half the battle is getting your product exposure.

In a spot where there's not choice but to use it, you'll end up bringing in a lot of users who would otherwise never have used your solver.
Or pushback from the community who realize you Locked them out of a free function to promote your own inferior product. This product isn't an $800 deer rifle it's being bought by serious shooters who can and will pay for the best equipment and won't settle for forcing Geoballistics. time will tell.

Reactions: Sebrock
Or pushback from the community who realize you Locked them out of a free function to promote your own inferior product. This product isn't an $800 deer rifle it's being bought by serious shooters who can and will pay for the best equipment and won't settle for forcing Geoballistics. time will tell.

The ridiculous sales and demand for the product thus far has shown this to not be the case.

And there's definitely an argument that a $2k 905nm laser is definitely not aimed at people who only want the best. Those people already have a Wilcox product with AB.

Revic2.jpg

The ridiculous sales and demand for the product thus far has shown this to not be the case.

And there's definitely an argument that a $2k 905nm laser is definitely not aimed at people who only want the best. Those people already have a Wilcox product with AB.
I guess it opens the door to a $3k product with a more narrow laser signature and AB or Link compatible. Im very curious to start seeing reviews and case uses once this gets in a lot of hands. Will be interesting for sure. For my case use Im a pass right now - very happy with my Terrapin X and dont need an RF on the gun - but Im a big Vortex fan and those guys know how to sell and meet market needs.