• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garmin Xero C1 Pro chronograph

I plan to put a qd plate atop the garmin Tripod, as well as one on the nodal rail that attaches to arca on rifle. Has anyone had issue getting rounds to pick up that are shot at incline or decline angle of the xero? The garmin Tripod looks to have no adjustment for angle of unit. If needed I could get a mini ball head I guess.

That said, for me it’s just a tool, so I’ve got to admit that I’m surprised by all the excitement surrounding it. I don’t quite get it honestly?
Just goes to show you how many people were underwhelmed by the options that were available. I mean they all get the job done to some degree, so it's not like the Garmin is an absolute "must have".. but it's cheap so why not get something a little smaller, lighter, more convenient, etc now that it's available. I have had no real issues with my Labradar all this time.. but the Garmin is literally smaller than just the battery pack I use for my labradar. So if I can get similar performance out of a package that is ~16lbs lighter and way smaller for a couple hundred bucks.. why not. Plus then you have the ability to mount it on the rifle and it's easier to aim and such.. so there's a lot of conveniences there. If the Garmin came in at $1200 or something, I think you'd be seeing a way different demand for it. They priced it right.

I plan to put a qd plate atop the garmin Tripod, as well as one on the nodal rail that attaches to arca on rifle. Has anyone had issue getting rounds to pick up that are shot at incline or decline angle of the xero? The garmin Tripod looks to have no adjustment for angle of unit. If needed I could get a mini ball head I guess.

I picked up a manfrotto pixi evo 2 to use with mine.

It's not quite as small or light as the Garmin tripod but it's still very compact, and with the legs fully extended in the wide position it's far more stable and less likely to tip over than the little Garmin tripod. Has a built in ball head too for aiming on uneven surfaces.

Amazon just recently jacked the price back up, as I paid $35 just a few days ago.

Screenshot_20231026-093909.jpg

It's all relative. There's guys with a leupold vxIII that think spending $4k on a ZCO is beyond retarded. I promise there's plenty of people on this forum who don't admit it, but buy coffee from Starbucks for $4.

So, if someone has the cash the burn (or just doesn't care even if they don't) want's to pay 2x retail for something......we all have our vices.

$50 isn't worth the time, but would it be worth it for an extra $600+?

View attachment 8257752

WTF is wrong with people paying 2x+ MSRP for a damn chronograph... Another shipment is inbound in 2 weeks. It's not like you can't live without one or use your existing chronograph for another few weeks, lol

The eBay stupidity makes me think I should have gone to Bass Pro after work last week and bought all their stock and put them on eBay... but I'd feel like an ass doing that (granted, an ass that would have got others to finance his own Garmin...)

Yeah that's insane

Reactions: alfmoonspace

Off topic, but is your Andi picking up the shots that far back from the muzzle? I have an Andi and may try it on my 300PRC.
Yes sir.
6_SQ3.jpg

Easy to mount on to a Audere Adversus mount, that has the extra picatinny rail on the left side.
I have rifles that has barrel from 21" up to a 28" and i have had no issues.
5" inch i guess is the off set from the barrel, i have not counted it.

Reactions: Defender3
New guy here and just wanted to comment on the Garmin Xero C1

I ordered it on Thursday 10/19 from www.gpscity.com and received it on Monday 10/23. Ran a quick backyard test later that day and have checked it against my MagnetoSpeed V3.

I'm happy but it's not perfect. Had no issues shooting CCI Quiet and Standard Velocity with a suppressor. Worked perfectly for the first 20 shots. Tested at an indoor range against my MS v3, excellent correlation of 1-2fps, 0.8 on an average. All was good until another shooter started then the Xero picked up the other shots. I turned it off as I was on a test project.

I am accustomed to the V3's series numbering that works well. Also the data card log file transfer to Excel with the V3 is really easy. The Xero does not have similar series/session numbering nor the means to connect to a PC for data file transfer. Mine changed to a date and time log, not bad but kinda a PITA. The Xero also seems to scramble the sequence of sessions

The ShotView phone app is cool but the communication is not bidirectional. I had hoped that a new session could be initiated from the phone app. Not an option.

To get data out of the Xero requires multiple steps and one session at a time. I have yet to be successful transfering data but am challenged by most features on my iphone.

Unlike LabRadar Xero does not show velocities at distances downrange but from what I've heard Xero is easier to set up than LabRadar. It was easy for me.

So I'll add Xero to my collection of chronographs and use the one best suited to the application. Not selling the V3.

Jim

The Gray Ops mounting solution is now available for pre-order

New guy here and just wanted to comment on the Garmin Xero C1

I ordered it on Thursday 10/19 from www.gpscity.com and received it on Monday 10/23. Ran a quick backyard test later that day and have checked it against my MagnetoSpeed V3.

I'm happy but it's not perfect. Had no issues shooting CCI Quiet and Standard Velocity with a suppressor. Worked perfectly for the first 20 shots. Tested at an indoor range against my MS v3, excellent correlation of 1-2fps, 0.8 on an average. All was good until another shooter started then the Xero picked up the other shots. I turned it off as I was on a test project.

I am accustomed to the V3's series numbering that works well. Also the data card log file transfer to Excel with the V3 is really easy. The Xero does not have similar series/session numbering nor the means to connect to a PC for data file transfer. Mine changed to a date and time log, not bad but kinda a PITA. The Xero also seems to scramble the sequence of sessions

The ShotView phone app is cool but the communication is not bidirectional. I had hoped that a new session could be initiated from the phone app. Not an option.

To get data out of the Xero requires multiple steps and one session at a time. I have yet to be successful transfering data but am challenged by most features on my iphone.

Unlike LabRadar Xero does not show velocities at distances downrange but from what I've heard Xero is easier to set up than LabRadar. It was easy for me.

So I'll add Xero to my collection of chronographs and use the one best suited to the application. Not selling the V3.

Jim
The CSV file from the phone is super easy. Takes a second or two. I also have an Android. So, I'm confused with the difficulties of data grabbing you describe.

The Garmin also plugs in via USB to a pc/Mac and mounts as an external drive. You can convert FIT files to CSV.

Reactions: Terp
Just got mine, ordered from Cabelas on Monday. Got lucky showed one in stock.

I am all about arca adapter so I can put it on any of my tripods and have an adaptable mount to set this up however is best for that particular need. On gun, on a mini pod, on a big tripod, whatever.

I used a Nodal slide, and put another arca clamp on the other side so that... again... I can adapt it for whatever I may need.

Use a little riser so I can raise it up for visibility on certain platforms and be able to peak at it right from the scope. No need to figure out a scope mount with this setup for my arca firearms.

1698348556118.png

1698348719440.png

1698348820058.png

1698348861313.png

1698348773903.png

Why do people care how far a Labradar can see downrange, it's still far too short to be useful.

You cannot daisy chain them to work and the distance they can see downrange is not enough to make any difference ?

Aspirational? I don't have any idea how far labradar can see down range, but I shoot alot of 22lr out to 600yds and beyond

I would love to have very specific BC data all the way out every 25yrds if possible. We're not there yet with anything we can afford.

Still using a 30 year old Ohler, but will be getting the Garmin fairly soon. Primarily for the ease of use and removing the need to shut down the range for setup and adjustments.
Same here, my Oehler33 will finally get retired just like me!

Just ordered a Xero C1 pro from BasPro shops in round round rock texas, could have picked it up in store but went for delivery just in case it was a fluke, tried to order one yesterday and earlier today ,out of stock , decided to try one more time , viola, it went through, says delivery Nov 1-3. Well see., had one on pre-order at midway with a instock date of 10 /25 , noticed today it changed to 11/23 , so called and sure enough the date had changed , I'll just leave it in the que until the basspro shows up , just in case .

Aspirational? I don't have any idea how far labradar can see down range, but I shoot alot of 22lr out to 600yds and beyond

I would love to have very specific BC data all the way out every 25yrds if possible. We're not there yet with anything we can afford.

The only time I ever used the downrange velocity data from my labradar was for pellets with my PCP air rifles. They're such low bc that getting 75-100ish yards of downrange velocity data allowed you to calculate a fairly accurate bc because the low bc drag stabilized pellets lose a *lot* of velocity in that short distance.

For high bc centerfire projectiles the labradar doesn't measure downrange velocity data far enough to derive meaningful bc data IMO.

Still, if downrange velocity data is something that Garmin can add in a future app update, why not? It would silence a few of the critics.

So far I've only tested mine in the backyard with PCP air rifles and it's great. My only remaining concern is it picking up velocities from nearby shooters at the range. With the labradar adding a recoil trigger eliminated that issue, but we don't have that option with the Garmin (for now.)

Got tracking today for my order placed w/ Garmin last Thursday. They told me it was gonna be December, must have found an extra one in the back! Lucky me!

Just ordered a Xero C1 pro from BasPro shops in round round rock texas, could have picked it up in store but went for delivery just in case it was a fluke, tried to order one yesterday and earlier today ,out of stock , decided to try one more time , viola, it went through, says delivery Nov 1-3. Well see., had one on pre-order at midway with a instock date of 10 /25 , noticed today it changed to 11/23 , so called and sure enough the date had changed , I'll just leave it in the que until the basspro shows up , just in case .
Will probably use my caldwell one last time tomorrow if it doesn't rain to check some new 224 Valkyrie handloads, it's been a fairly consistent chrony for the last 5 yrs, except for airgun tuning , nothings worked good for my airguns , so hopefully the garmin will fill that role well.

Will probably use my caldwell one last time tomorrow if it doesn't rain to check some new 224 Valkyrie handloads, it's been a fairly consistent chrony for the last 5 yrs, except for airgun tuning , nothings worked good for my airguns , so hopefully the garmin will fill that role well.

I'm probably going to keep my magnetospeed just for tuning PCP air rifles. I can set the gun up on my workbench pointed right into the pellet trap and tweak the regulator and hammer spring to get my desired velocity without having to have 20y or so for the radar to read.

The magnetospeed also works great for doing a few quick velocity and pressure checks on a new cartridge/powder/bullet combo before loading up a large batch of test loads, I can load up 5 or so incremental charges and go pop them off at point blank into the dirt pile in the back corner of the yard. Can't do that with the radar as you need 20ish clear yards past the muzzle. I hate getting to the range only to find out I'm way off on my charge increments and have to go back home and pull them all down and start over, testing with the magnetospeed at home has saved me from a couple of wasted range trips when a new lot of powder was way different than the old lot.

Cabelas/Bass Pro has coupon “STOREPICKUP” for 10% off, which works with the Garmin

View attachment 8257941

Can stack that with 7% cash back at active junky too, I think it was 10% or 12% just a few days ago.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to keep my magnetospeed just for tuning PCP air rifles. I can set the gun up on my workbench pointed right into the pellet trap and tweak the regulator and hammer spring to get my desired velocity without having to have 20y or so for the radar to read.

The magnetospeed also works great for doing a few quick velocity and pressure checks on a new cartridge/powder/bullet combo before loading up a large batch of test loads, I can load up 5 or so incremental charges and go pop them off at point blank into the dirt pile in the back corner of the yard. Can't do that with the radar as you need 20ish clear yards past the muzzle. I hate getting to the range only to find out I'm way off on my charge increments and have to go back home and pull them all down and start over, testing with the magnetospeed at home has saved me from a couple of wasted range trips when a new lot of powder was way different than the old lot.

Can stack that with 7% cash back at active junky too, I think it was 10% or 12% just a few days ago.

Yep - buy through active junky. 7% cash back for cabelas or bass pro today (was 10% last week when I ordered my unit). Both stores show them in stock online. Use the STOREPICKUP for another 10%.

Garmin specs state a measurement range of 100fps to 5000 fps. 100 fps should be able to capture baseball pitching speeds of around 80-90 mph. But for softball pitching speeds around 55-60mph, it equates to less than 100fps.

Has anyone used the Garmin to measure pitching speeds for softball? Can it capture softball pitch speeds or around 75-80fps?

If it does, I am so getting it… because, it is for my kid… :)

Last edited:
Garmin specs state a measurement range of 100fps to 5000 fps. 100 fps should be able to capture baseball pitching speeds of around 80-90 mph. But for softball pitching speeds around 55-60mph, it equates to less than 100fps.

Has anyone used the Garmin to measure pitching speeds for softball? Can it capture softball pitch speeds or around 75-80fps?

Ok. That’d be kinda cool. Sons best friend is a lefty for the Mariners. Coached him early on, and we’re gonna find out if this works! Lol

Got mine today. Started and connected right up. Didn’t ask for an update. Probably won’t be able to shoot with it for a couple weeks… 😭

I believe that the Garmin uses the interruption of the radar beam to trigger the clock, that means that another shooter close
to you may and probably will be recorded by the Garmin if his bullet enters the radar beam.

The Labradar under "trigger setting" seems to use the blast to take a snapshot of what has entered the radar beam to clock the projectile. Although Labradar has a "doppler setting" it only works for lower velocity projectiles.

Waiting to see what issues shooters find with the Garmin and then decide if there is any benefit to buy the Garmin or just keep my Labradar.

And suddenly, getting velocity at various distances becomes useful.

I believe that the Garmin uses the interruption of the radar beam to trigger the clock, that means that another shooter close
to you may and probably will be recorded by the Garmin if his bullet enters the radar beam.

The Labradar under "trigger setting" seems to use the blast to take a snapshot of what has entered the radar beam to clock the projectile. Although Labradar has a "doppler setting" it only works for lower velocity projectiles.

Waiting to see what issues shooters find with the Garmin and then decide if there is any benefit to buy the Garmin or just keep my Labradar.
No issues shooting side by side with someone. We both had Xeros with pretty much overlapping beams. We did not record each other. YMMV..

Reactions: whatsupdoc
For anyone that wants a semi-rigid case they can throw in their range kit that will protect it from scratches and light impacts, this one fits like a glove.

If you put a arca plate on it it will have to be a SUPER low profile one like this one as it BARELY fits in the case with it. Your standard plates attached here would prevent it from fitting the case.

9.99 on china mart.

ase for GoPro JSVER Carrying Case for GoPro Hero 12, Hard Shell Travel Storage Case for Hero 12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, Osmo Action 3, AKASO EK7000, Campark ACT74, YI Action Camera (Black)​

1698364636255.png

And if someone is looking for a decent mini-tripod setup, I have packed this Ulanzi MT-22 in my range bag for years. It's multi-purpose, I use it even for a bipod for a rifle with arca in a pinch. Compact storage, reasonably sturdy, aluminum construction, etc. Way more reasonable in terms of size, price, etc than the almost absurd mini RRS that was posted earlier.

I was able to get out this afternoon and send some down range. It's an amazing item. I would love to see even more come from this market now that we have the tech at a mature level. As someone mentioned earlier, would be good to have a live feed on the phone as well and the ability to control the unit wholesale from the phone would be amazing.

I have a longer wish list, but those are almost immediately attainable @Garmin

1698365282613.png

1698365310025.png

Bonus, Sniper in training.

1698365581893.png

The Gray Ops mounting solution is now available for pre-order

Ordered the whole kit. I like the way it has so many mounting options. Also, the fact it is QD push-button for the pic rail attachment is really genius. Plus, they said the limited-run first batch were going to be all black, and future models will be red, and I don’t like red anodizing on my guns. All black will look better. 👍🏼

I figure 10-15 day lead time isn’t bad for a pre-order.

Also, just to note, they do take Apple Pay and SHOPpay (Shopify app). Apple Pay is fully encrypted like PayPal, so it adds a little extra layer of protection there. That’s what I used. Got my confirmation email, too. And it popped up automatically in my SHOP app (I use it to track all my packages from different carriers in one place). 👌🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: 021411
Would anyone mind explaining to me the benefits of mounting the unit to your rifle? Just trying to figure out if I could get any use out of a setup like this. I’m strictly a hobbyist ELR shooter.

It's all relative. There's guys with a leupold vxIII that think spending $4k on a ZCO is beyond retarded. I promise there's plenty of people on this forum who don't admit it, but buy coffee from Starbucks for $4.

So, if someone has the cash the burn (or just doesn't care even if they don't) want's to pay 2x retail for something......we all have our vices.
Starbucks is like $8 now 🤣

Would anyone mind explaining to me the benefits of mounting the unit to your rifle? Just trying to figure out if I could get any use out of a setup like this. I’m strictly a hobbyist ELR shooter.
The main one would be if you have no space to set the unit next to the gun. Is with during training for PRS maybe to get real time data. I think people just like mounting shit to their gun. 🤣

Only thing I can think of, and why I got one, is prone in rough terrain. Where it may be obscured sitting on the ground by tall grass/brush, or whatever else.