• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele 6 ARC in service with SOCCOM, some hands on comments.

When my buddy was working at Surefire they built a rig to test 5.56 bolts. They had varying results of "milspec" bolts lasting from 12-25k, some longer. They tried several bolts on the market made of 9310 or other materials trying to find the "best" for something they were working on. Not many went more than 30k according to him. He said the failures were mostly lugs and cracks where they normally happen. He didn't mention any bolts breaking at the cam pin hole. Probably hard to duplicate in a test fixture.

He said the G bolt lasted well over 125k cycles in their rig and they stopped testing. The only other bolt that lasted that long was the HK 416 which is also forged. The "158+" they are using is proprietary to G for now. I think the forging has more to do with it. I'm no simp for Geissele but I picked up one of the BCG's from them on a sale and so far zero issues. The coating they are using seems to handle wear very well. Maybe if/when my JP fails in my 6 ARC I will get one of the G bolts.

After watching the SOTAR video gauge testing the Geissele bolt carrier and going over the construction of it, I ordered one as well. Oddly enough, its built to tighter tolerances than my JP bolt carrier, and worked better with the JP bolt as well.

For the price (about $120 with promos/on sale if you can find them in stock), the value in that bolt carrier is a steal. Oddly enough, its also one of the lowest priced items Geissele sells.

Reactions: tex68w
1711894264411.png

Just don’t attach your can like they did in their pictures, currently 40 yards is the record for launching one down range.

After watching the SOTAR video gauge testing the Geissele bolt carrier and going over the construction of it, I ordered one as well. Oddly enough, its built to tighter tolerances than my JP bolt carrier, and worked better with the JP bolt as well.

For the price (about $120 with promos/on sale if you can find them in stock), the value in that bolt carrier is a steal. Oddly enough, its also one of the lowest priced items Geissele sells.
The two I had gauged worse than Sionics, LMT, and KAC carriers I had on hand.

Sample size is everything. Chad is far from gospel.

Reactions: BCP
The two I had gauged worse than Sionics, LMT, and KAC carriers I had on hand.

Sample size is everything. Chad is far from gospel.
In my case, it works pretty well, but yes you’re right sample size is everything.

I’ve been on the receiving end of garbage lately from CMC, Proof, Seekins, and Superlative arms so I was happy that the Geissele Bolt Carrier worked very well.

The fact that it worked with my JP bolt and standard gas rings while the JP full mass carrier didn’t, sold me.

Adding to my previous comment, I’ve yet to see anyone who gauges or tests parts as extensively as Chad from SOTAR, while going out of his way not to make blanket recommendations for brands.

If you feel there’s someone who is more unbiased or tests components in a better way, I’m all ears.

His work doesn’t need to be treated as “gospel” to acknowledge the fact that it’s rare to find anyone else who does anything like it, or even remotely close, without being a paid shill.

Last edited: