• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700?

Has anyone done much adjustment on these? I adjusted mine to as far as the instructions that came with it suggested to do and have an overall pull weight of about 2.5 pounds to fire (takes 1.5 pounds to get through stage 1). Just curious if that's what others are seeing? Geissele told me they would be coming out with more detailed instructions later but I'm hoping I can reduce that pull weight a bit more. Trigger feels great other than a bit heavy for my preference though, I really like the 2-stage setup and the shoe, I have never used one before but so far I really like the trigger control you have with it.

Any update on these with the Nucleus? I'm down to final components for this build.

Reactions: m1match
Has anyone done much adjustment on these? I adjusted mine to as far as the instructions that came with it suggested to do and have an overall pull weight of about 2.5 pounds to fire (takes 1.5 pounds to get through stage 1). Just curious if that's what others are seeing? Geissele told me they would be coming out with more detailed instructions later but I'm hoping I can reduce that pull weight a bit more. Trigger feels great other than a bit heavy for my preference though, I really like the 2-stage setup and the shoe, I have never used one before but so far I really like the trigger control you have with it.
I followed the instructions and like you I am at 2.5 lbs on my Origin. It sounds like,a lot but that second stage is light enough for me.

Reactions: archangel485
Brownells has the trigger on sale today for $219.99, coupon code "M8Y" takes it down to $199.99 shipped. Plus 4% back on active junky. I just ordered a second one for my hunting build. I doubt we will see it much cheaper until its been out a while and they have them sitting on the shelf.

Here the R700 on my Origin. The second stage break is so smooooooth.
41B4FA2D-09A1-422E-BD6E-E821225122AB.jpeg

I just got my two stage from Brownells today.

Installed it in my spare Nucleus action.... Big no go... I can see trigger sear fully clearing the intermediate sear but the firing pin does not drop...

I had high hopes for this trigger after G made the statement that they had a Nucleus in the shop and made changes to the trigger to make it compatible.

I will call them first thing Wednesday morning.

Installed it in my spare Nucleus action.... Big no go... I can see trigger sear fully clearing the intermediate sear but the firing pin does not drop...

I had high hopes for this trigger after G made the statement that they had a Nucleus in the shop and made changes to the trigger to make it compatible.

At least they acknowledged the issue and found a fix. I’m sure your trigger was manufactured before they had a fix. Sounds the next run of triggers “2.0” will have the Nucleus and Single stage recall issue corrected.

Support will probably send you the version via the recall.

At least they acknowledged the issue and found a fix. I’m sure your trigger was manufactured before they had a fix. Sounds the next run of triggers “2.0” will have the Nucleus and Single stage recall issue corrected.

Support will probably send you the version via the recall.

I thought as much but it is still disappointing.

I just installed one in my Nucleus ordered around the same time. I thought the restock was suppose to have the fix too. Total bummer as it felt really, really good when I could get it to drop. Did you get any more info from Geissele?

For those who have the Super 700, how does it feel compared to the SSA-E? Or is it more like the Larue MBT?

FWIW, the Larue feels so-so to me, but I LOVE the feel of my Geissele SSA-E's.

Last edited:
For those who have the Super 700, how does it feel compared to the SSA-E? Or is it more like the Larue MBT?

FWIW, the Larue feels so-so to me, but I LOVE my Geissele SSA-E's!

I was actually just playing with both a couple minutes ago. Super 700 and SSA-E are very similar and have the same overall feel. I would give the Super 700 the edge as the 1st stage take up is smoother and the 2nd stage break is cleaner.

Reactions: Onyx Z
I just installed one in my Nucleus ordered around the same time. I thought the restock was suppose to have the fix too. Total bummer as it felt really, really good when I could get it to drop. Did you get any more info from Geissele?

I called Geissele, they were supposed to issue me an RMA to return it to be modified. I waited, I called, I waited, no RMA came. I returned it to Brownells.

I called Geissele, they were supposed to issue me an RMA to return it to be modified. I waited, I called, I waited, no RMA came. I returned it to Brownells.

I called yesterday and spoke to "Jay" who said to send an email to their sales@geissele email address. I got a response w/ an RMA form to send it in for a swap this morning.

I called yesterday and spoke to "Jay" who said to send an email to their sales@geissele email address. I got a response w/ an RMA form to send it in for a swap this morning.
I sent an email to Geiselle yesterday and received a reply today along with an RMA form to fill out and send with my trigger. I corresponded with Nick...He assured me they could 'fix' the trigger to work on the Nucleus action...Life is good!

I received my replacement two stage trigger this week. I used it a bit before sending it back because of the recall, the break on the second stage is really nice.. but I feel like the take up during the first stage is much too long before you hit the 2nd stage wall.
I'd like to try converting to single stage but I can't find the instructions on how to do it, anyone tried it yet?
The instructions that come with the trigger tells you to visit geissele.com/s700setup
There is some text there that says "Click here for Single Stage Conversion Instructions. " but there is no button\clicking doesn't go anywhere.

Yeah I've been told twice now that they will send me a RMA.... Still no RMA. At this point I'm kinda sad I sold my huber trigger!

Yeah I've been told twice now that they will send me a RMA.... Still no RMA. At this point I'm kinda sad I sold my huber trigger!
I 'communicated' directly to them via email... They replied via email which included a RMA # And form to fill out...My trigger is on the way to Geiselle...

That's interesting to hear. I was just about to buy a mod 22 when I heard the Geissle release and ordered it instead. Really like my Geissele ar triggers so figured I'd give it a try.

Original CG.22 design by my friend Robert Chombart was meant to fit about just about any action out there ,but for US maket that was somewhat un necesary feature and Rem700 compatible design is greatly simplified and Geissele did their job well refining the product ,Robert told me he is very happy with the end product.
As far as i know X-treme did not keep their end of the bargain in terms of licencing and licence for C.G.22 is void.

An interesting tid bit - C.G. also designed bunch of actions like CG INCH but later also repeaters
I dont know how far or if at all Geissele are moving the inovative actions and rifle designs they licenced from Robert.

C.G.22 that we have in Europe is modular with uppers and 3 and/or lever that can be made to fit any action out there.
Interesting design feature triggers house their own spare parts , a feature also seen in CG actions (firing pin is double ended an can reversed) something that comes from experience in international competitions (worst thing that can happen to you when competing abroad is a tiny part failing and not having any posibilty of replacing it ,wasting all the effort and expense to get there)
M22.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chadrp
Has anyone converted the 2 stage to single stage yet?

I just got mine in and installed today, so take it FWIW on this particular trigger.

Does anyone know how to convert to single stage? There aren't instructions on the interweb that I've been able to find. I emailed Geissele asking about it today, though.

On another note, when clicking my trigger down to safe, the lever has a little resistance for the safety bar to ride over the trigger shoe. It's nothing substantial, just kinda prevents the safety from clicking down smooth. It is for sure not binding on anything and is purely within the trigger itself. Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
I 'communicated' directly to them via email... They replied via email which included a RMA # And form to fill out...My trigger is on the way to Geiselle...
Update: I rec'd the following emial from Geiselle Automatics:..."
Good Morning Loren,

Im going to be stepping in for Nick to help out while he is away at Shot Show. We did receive your 700 trigger and will be sending it back with the ARC conversion.

Please feel free to reach out towards the end of the week for an update on the conversion/shipping status as well as if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Justin

Geissele Automatics Sales Management Team
Geissele Automatics |
800 North Wales Road. North Wales, PA 19454
P • (610) 272-2060 F • (610) 272-2069 D
"We manufacture confidence."

I just called Geissele asking about single-stage conversion. According to the lady that answered the phone, they have not released the instructions on how to convert it. She said once they have the Super 700 on their website, they should release the single-stage conversion information shortly thereafter.

I don't want to convert mine to single-stage, but I would like to shorten the first stage a bit. Anyone know how to?

the gieselle folks dont even reply . will call them. Their CS has gone to shit, back a few years ago if you had an issue with your ar15 trigger it was replaced no questions, now they dont bother replying

3 emails, 2 voicemails - nadda ... not even a reply. assholes.

3 emails, 2 voicemails - nadda ... not even a reply. assholes.
Sorry to hear that... I think they are all at SHOT show now...I also rec'd a reply from Brownells stating the trigger WOULD work in a Nucleus... I haven't rec'd my JHR yet, nor the 'modified' trigger from Geiselle yet... I hope my results will be better than yours... I would keep trying with Geiselle, you may have just fallen through the proverbial crack...Good luck. It will be months before I 'know' for sure...Lol

Sorry to hear that... I think they are all at SHOT show now...I also rec'd a reply from Brownells stating the trigger WOULD work in a Nucleus... I haven't rec'd my JHR yet, nor the 'modified' trigger from Geiselle yet... I hope my results will be better than yours... I would keep trying with Geiselle, you may have just fallen through the proverbial crack...Good luck. It will be months before I 'know' for sure...Lol
Well, that was fast! Just got an email from Geiselle stating my Super 2-stage was done, gave me a tracking number and would be on its way to me very soon...Great customer service!

My replacement is out for delivery! I like the trigger and am curious how the Trigger Tech 2 stage will compare.

My replacement is out for delivery! I like the trigger and am curious how the Trigger Tech 2 stage will compare.

Trigger Tech makes 2-stage? I've tried a triggertech, feels real good, but I prefer 2-stage triggers (AIAX one of the best IMO).

Couldn't find any 2-stage on their website.

Do they make the Diamond in2-stage?

Trigger Tech makes 2-stage? I've tried a triggertech, feels real good, but I prefer 2-stage triggers (AIAX one of the best IMO).

Couldn't find any 2-stage on their website.

Do they make the Diamond in2-stage?

It's coming soon, something they have out at SHOT Show.

That's Great! I have a Huber 2-Stage waiting for a Nucleus action, but it's sooo pricey. Was hoping to find something under $300, preferably ~$200. the Geissele sounds nice (I have SSA triggers), but sounds like there's some issues with Nucleus actions ATM.

I put the super 700 2 stage in my seekins havak. Love it.

That's Great! I have a Huber 2-Stage waiting for a Nucleus action, but it's sooo pricey. Was hoping to find something under $300, preferably ~$200. the Geissele sounds nice (I have SSA triggers), but sounds like there's some issues with Nucleus actions ATM.
The Geiselle Super 700 2-stage trigger is supposedly being modified for the Nucleus action... I won't know until my JHC rifle arrives... My experience is limited to my AR15 till now...Loved it. Very little experience in the PR arena...

The Geiselle Super 700 2-stage trigger is supposedly being modified for the Nucleus action... I won't know until my JHC rifle arrives... My experience is limited to my AR15 till now...Loved it. Very little experience in the PR arena...
Customer service? Geiselle has it...They sent my trigger back UPS 2 day air...Delivery scheduled tomorrow...Now, if I just had a Nucleus action to test it in...Lol

Has anyone had luck with the super 700 in a Surgeon? If yes, what did you do to make it work?

I just tried to drop one in a 1086 and nada. Tried to adjust sear engagement and didn't seem to make a difference either.

Geissele sent me an RMA !!! Yay ... better late than never as they say. the DiamondTech looks interesting

It's coming soon, something they have out at SHOT Show.

I tried their two prototypes at SHOT. It’s really nice. They said they are still refining it and will be getting out to testers for feed back soon. They wouldn’t tell me when they expect to release them as it sounds like they won't until they get it right. I got the sense it might not be until Q4 this year but fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JFComfort
In John Mcquay’s interview with triggertech I thought I heard them mention Q2? They would run about $30 more than their single stage equivalents (primary,special, diamond).

Recently received a Super 700 from Brownells during their last Geissele sale. No dice on my Nucleus action. Pull the trigger all you want, nothing’s happening.