• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Getting a "grip" on things

Birddog1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Peyton, Colorado, USA
I'm sure that I'm not the first person to do this, but I thought I'd share. I decided to paint the grips on my carbine with Rustoleum textured paint. Came out great, and I don't have to bother cutting skater tape. It does come in other colors, but I settled on the black. It really improves the grip, and with flight gloves, it's nice and tight in the hand.

Paint2011002.jpg

Paint2011003.jpg

Re: Getting a "grip" on things

i've tried the tape method (pain in the ass) and the textured paint method (doesn't hold up very long, but is easily fixed).

100_0891.jpg

take a couple minutes and put some bedding compound on your grip. i like to work in thin layers to gradually build up the surface. this method takes a while, but you don't have to reapply it

Re: Getting a "grip" on things

Looks good. I've done the same with spray on truck bed liner in a can. You can really get some good texture if you hold the can far away. Just make sure you do not get a 'rubberized' one, as those never seemed to completely dry hard enough to hold up. One of the best i've used was made by Duplicolor.