• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Giessele super 700 trigger.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
I replaced one of my Hubers with one of these probably about 2 years ago. its a pretty good trigger, it breaks clean and is easy to adjust. The only thing I liked better about the Huber is the longer travel of the first stage. Fast forward to less than a year ago and i picked up another one. This one had kind of a strange feeling creep in the second stage. Once I found the pressure it took to take up the creep I could work the trigger back and forth across it. I messed around with the adjust cents, but the only way I could find to make the problem seem less was increase pull weight. I don't think this was any kind of fix, it just helped cover the problem because it was harder to feel with the heavier pull weight. What I ended up figuring out was that all the over-travel had been taken out of the trigger. I moved the first and second stage pull weights back down, gave the trigger some over-travel and success. No creep, nice crisp light break, and it wont drop the firing pin when I bang the butt stock on the ground.

So your second one was creepy in the second stage out of the box? If you have a trigger scale, what are the weights at now?

call up Geissele - they will take a look at it. had both my s700 and a ssa-e not up to expectations (one was new, one was bought on the second hand mkt) - they fixed both with no cost.

So your second one was creepy in the second stage out of the box? If you have a trigger scale, what are the weights at now?

The second one was second hand. The owner said it had just gone back and he had bought something else with the intention of selling this one upon return.

I am not sure exactly what the weights are now, but they are very close to the factory setting. I have never messed with the other trigger, and they feel very close to the same.