• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Glass addict seeks help! K525i or wait for new Tangent Theta reticle????

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
It's come to this. My problem ( a first world problem I must admit).

RPR 1st generation with K624i, bought scope because I decided to get an AI/AT and planned to put it on the AI when I got it, then.....
Got AI/AT, , really loved my K624i and through mental gymnastics figured I should get another K624i since I was so used to using one and still like my RPR and eventually would sell the RPR should I get another high end long range rifle and put it on another high end Long range rifle, but....
RPR rifles in my area have NO resale value, so I have decided to keep it, shoot it, wear out the barrel (6.5 Creedmoor) rebarrrel this winter in ? something I haven't tried 260? 6XC??? )
Soo, the AX ( elite sand) I special ordered last year arrived today, I ended up "saving" $1,000 with exchange rate changes etc... ( I keep saying "saved" $$ , a common theme and delusion of serious gun cranks).

So should I:

1- Buy Athlon scope $1500 approx (Canadian), put it on the RPR, shift K624i to my new toy and go shooting.

2-Buy Athlon above, put it on RPR ,shift K624i to new toy, order K525i ( or wait for new reticle TT scope) and put it on new toy when scope arrives and have a spare scope for one of my hunting rifles, currently unscoped, and put the K624i back on the RPR by then sporting a new super dooper 6XC or ? barrel.

3- Or.....

waiting, not patiently for further user reviews of the new K525i scope.

Would love objective opinions . All above folly being funded by selling off items from 40 years of gun accumulating so no innocents will be harmed whatever I decide.

Off to the range now:cool:

Looking forward to reviews on the 525 as well.

Personally, I seldom sell a gun; so I would get another optic that you will be happy with and have fun shooting.