• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Glocks Work. Period. End of Story.

According to Larry Vickers, the reason that SIG won the contract over Glock is because they came in 1 million cheaper over contract life. They were basically selling the pistols at cost. He also reported that Glock actually did best in testing, but SIG passed the standards as well.

Reactions: Centuriator
This works too. Trigger pull is better than the Glock's. :) :) :)

1569963366008.png

it looks sort of like a pencil drawing, so perhaps not a real anything

It looks quite dieselpunk-y. Probably an illustration for a concept weapon to be used in a alternate-Victorian/Gilded Age era comic or novel. Though post apocalyptic zombie/radioactive wasteland would be more appropriate.

I have absolutely no doubts that a machinist can turn that drawing into reality though. Put a lot of brass trim on it and it would be quite a conversation piece at the range or a CAS End of Trail event.

It looks quite dieselpunk-y. Probably an illustration for a concept weapon to be used in a alternate-Victorian/Gilded Age era comic or novel. Though post apocalyptic zombie/radioactive wasteland would be more appropriate.

I have absolutely no doubts that a machinist can turn that drawing into reality though. Put a lot of brass trim on it and it would be quite a conversation piece at the range or a CAS End of Trail event.
I'm not convinced it's a drawing but it does have a nice Mad Max look to it. And certainly it could be made a reality, if it's just a drawing. Worse examples of homemade firearms exist.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I'm not convinced it's a drawing but it does have a nice Mad Max look to it. And certainly it could be made a reality, if it's just a drawing. Worse examples of homemade firearms exist.

Indeed. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

These are some examples of homemade firearms that were used by rebel forces in the Chechnya Wars. Some of these SMG's actually look quite rugged and well built. Open bolt automatics from stamped steel are even simpler in design and metallurgy than a matchlock musket.

Submachine guns and machine pistols.

chechensmgs-improguns.jpg

"Boom tube". (Grenade/mortar launcher)

enhanced-buzz-3544-1356026577-4.jpg

Franken-Kalashnikov cyborged from various parts. (Probably from salvaged parts from the damaged guns belonging to Russian soldiers killed by IED blasts)

enhanced-buzz-5285-1356026561-3.jpg

Guerrilla fighter with homemade SMG and captured Russian tank helmet.

Evstafiev-chechnya-tank-helmet.jpg

If I was a gun banning totalitarian piece of shit, I'd take one look at these pictures and chill the fuck out, if only just to preserve my own life...

Indeed. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

These are some examples of homemade firearms that were used by rebel forces in the Chechnya Wars. Some of these SMG's actually look quite rugged and well built. Open bolt automatics from stamped steel are even simpler in design and metallurgy than a matchlock musket.

Submachine guns and machine pistols.

chechensmgs-improguns.jpg

"Boom tube". (Grenade/mortar launcher)

enhanced-buzz-3544-1356026577-4.jpg

Franken-Kalashnikov cyborged from various parts. (Probably from salvaged parts from the damaged guns belonging to Russian soldiers killed by IED blasts)

enhanced-buzz-5285-1356026561-3.jpg

Guerrilla fighter with homemade SMG and captured Russian tank helmet.

Evstafiev-chechnya-tank-helmet.jpg

If I was a gun banning totalitarian piece of shit, I'd take one look at these pictures and chill the fuck out, if only just to preserve my own life...
I said worse examples existed, not probably-on-par-with-1944-German/Soviet-production examples! Someone actually put effort into making those (and they probably did use Cold War machinery to produce them).

I said worse examples existed, not probably-on-par-with-1944-German/Soviet-production examples! Someone actually put effort into making those (and they probably did use Cold War machinery to produce them).

Gotcha! Like this???

diy-guns.jpg

Here's a couple of more...

17-Homemade-guns-you-have-to-see-to-believe-PHOTOS-8.jpg

diy-gun.jpg

And those are not from Chechnya, or another war zone where entire populations are fighting for their lives.

Reactions: Crang
In my experience, people who care about the “look” of a firearm typically can’t shoot anyways. Same goes for people that get themselves in arguments over their brand being better than the other person’s. Obviously that’s not always the case, but has definitely been the majority in what I’ve encountered.

[When discussing stock/baseline firearms] A good shooter can shoot anything you hand them well, so it isn’t a matter of “oh this shoots really good for me and I can’t shoot that one because it doesn’t shoot.” So the argument that a Springfield/Sig/Glock shoots better than the other, is just opinion and pointless.

Also, putting any weight behind the fact that the military uses something is ridiculous. The govt contract award process and reasoning is so far corrupted by greed that it’s depressing.

It’s not the DOPE on the gun, it’s the dope behind the gun.

Here's a couple more.
Made by illegal gold diggers in French Guyana:

View attachment 7157804

Recovered from a would-be jihadi militant by the IDF:

View attachment 7157806

The one on the top resembles one of those late-medieval wall guns for securing castles. The bottom one is just DERP x 100. Holy fuck.

But the one you posted first still takes the cake though. The "DESERT EAGLE .50" written on it with a Sharpie...
anim_lol.gif
smiley_freak.gif
I am cracking up every time I see it.

The one on the top resembles one of those late-medieval wall guns for securing castles. The bottom one is just DERP x 100. Holy fuck.

But the one you posted first still takes the cake though. The "DESERT EAGLE .50" written on it with a Sharpie...
anim_lol.gif
smiley_freak.gif
I am cracking up every time I see it.
.50 is probably how much it cost to make. And how much was left after he tried to shoot it.

• Haha
This looks like a gun buy back piece. If the government is going to hand out $200 gift cards for this shit, I’d make it too. I’m holding onto a 22lr with a completely rusted up action for the same purpose.
I would feel safer shooting that rusted-up .22 than I would Comrade Dumov Sonovovich's "Desert Eagle".

• Haha
According to Larry Vickers, the reason that SIG won the contract over Glock is because they came in 1 million cheaper over contract life. They were basically selling the pistols at cost. He also reported that Glock actually did best in testing, but SIG passed the standards as well.

Just goes to show, contract always goes to the lowest bidder.

This looks like a gun buy back piece. If the government is going to hand out $200 gift cards for this shit, I’d make it too. I’m holding onto a 22lr with a completely rusted up action for the same purpose.

Shit... As someone who does a lot of work with revolvers, over the years I got an awful lot of parts and frames lying around the workbench. Including a few busted up and badly peened brass frames which are not really good for anything now that I have salvaged the internal machinery to repair and rebuild guns for other folks. If they do another stupid ass "buyback" in or near my AO, I am just going to assemble a couple of non-functional pieces that barely look like guns on the outside, and give 'em in for some extra $$$...

Shit... As someone who does a lot of work with revolvers, over the years I got an awful lot of parts and frames lying around the workbench. Including a few busted up and badly peened brass frames which are not really good for anything now that I have salvaged the internal machinery to repair and rebuild guns for other folks. If they do another stupid ass "buyback" in or near my AO, I am just going to assemble a couple of non-functional pieces that barely look like guns on the outside, and give 'em in for some extra $$$...
Got a Rohm .22 POS somewhere. If they'll give me $200 for it, it's all theirs. That's one gun that I'm OK with melting down for scrap metal...

Got a Rohm .22 POS somewhere. If they'll give me $200 for it, it's all theirs. That's one gun that I'm OK with melting down for scrap metal...

I was given an RG45 for saving an old lady's cat during Katrina I save for that purpose. The outter barrel sheath (I guess thats a thing?) with the front site has fallen off the inner barrel. Think I had to take some screws out to reload it. Must have decided I hated my fingers being attached when I shot 6 rounds through it just to test it- :sneaky:

Range officer that day: How do you lube a normal pistol? Oil of course. What lubricates and RG? Ripple!

Person buys a Glock. Then the first thing they do is swap out all that (Reliability) with aftermarket
And then they 1. still can’t hit the target and 2. have malfunctions like its cool.

Glocks work, but only as well as the person behind the trigger. Stock Glock vs stock other same tier pistol? Glock has my money.

Yep. I switch to a (-) connector, add whatever sights I prefer, put a grip plug in, undercut the trigger guard and smooth it out, and then stipple. I don't even mind the finger grooves. That's it. The only thing inside that's changed is the connector, everything else is to improve fit, grip, and sight picture and are non-mechanical. I may install maritime spring cups in my 19 and 34 soon, as I don't see any downsides to doing so, but we'll see. But I do see a lot of people buying new triggers, trigger bars, firing pins, milling the crap out of their slide, etc. I'd like to build a Gen4 with a Nomad9 frame from the ground up as a play toy, but for a carry pistol, I change only what needs to be changed. I enjoy many other platforms (Beretta 92, Hi-Power, and 1911 especially), but when I need something I know I can count on, I always reach for The Plastic Fantastic.

I own a couple GLOCK pistols & I really like them a lot. I refuse to sacrifice the reliability which GLOCK is famous by using aftermarket parts. I add Vicker’s extended mag releases & Trijicon night sights to mine & that’s it.

I’m not a fanboy but I prefer a Glock for a duty / combat pistol.

*That being said, have y’all seen the badass new Sig P320 holster? Pic below.

Attachments

• BC47FB3E-E939-446E-9EA3-15EBE7C69077.jpeg
    BC47FB3E-E939-446E-9EA3-15EBE7C69077.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 55
Out of all my Glocks at this point, the Glock 45 is, by far, my favorite. Just the perfect balance, weight, feel in my hands, etc.

Oh, and it works.

I have every model (not every generation) of Glock in 9 mm even a few duplicates, a couple in .357 Sig (I love that dang round!) and one in 45. That being said I do not love Glocks, I don't even really like them. They are horrid for CCW as they are blocks (minus a couple of the newer single stacks), they are not ideal for my hand BUT I will never sell one. They are just rabid beasts which will run no matter what you do to them, they are cheap to let friends shoot and if bought right don't lose value. TEOTWAWKI I am carrying a full size Glock on a drop leg holster. Otherwise for me they are range guns and tactical training class guns. I do have an Agency G43 which I do carry from time to time and on occasion when at my property up North in the woods I will have a G19 with a laser/light OWB.

***This post contains nothing but my opinion aka my two cents, and I doubt its even worth .02***
Thank you for humoring me and reading my ramble.
To many a Glock is the ultimate gun for CCW and that is their right LOL

Reactions: Centuriator
I am glad people are happy with their Glocks. That helps keep the prices down on the handguns I like. I do not own any Glocks. I am sure I would be just as deadly with one as I am with all the others. I simply prefer others.

For what it's worth, my G19 Gen4 and Walther PPQ are both reliable but I have noticed the ejection is much more consistent with the PPQ.

I always give the guys I shoot with shit because their Gucci Glocks fail in them. Glock perfection, but it's the most "upgraded" handgun next to a competition 1911.

Stock Glocks just work, I dont like the grip angle myself, but I'm so use to my Beretta I would have to physically train with them a ton to revamp myself to the new gun.

In my experience, you can always count on Glocks failing when you tinker with the various internal springs, in fact, *if* you know what you are doing, and why, it can be fun to push a Glock to the point of failure by changing, adjusting springs. If you are not aware of what you are doing, it can come as a very, very nasty surprise when the Glock fails, at the worst possible moment.

The same is true for any firearm as well.

I own a couple GLOCK pistols & I really like them a lot. I refuse to sacrifice the reliability which GLOCK is famous by using aftermarket parts. I add Vicker’s extended mag releases & Trijicon night sights to mine & that’s it.

I’m not a fanboy but I prefer a Glock for a duty / combat pistol.

*That being said, have y’all seen the badass new Sig P320 holster? Pic below.
Yea had a Vickers extended slide release that failed, the spring broke at the bend it caused the pistol to not cycle the round and had to manually cycle it in till I could replace it.

This is absolutely true. Glock was complacent. Sig was more hungry.

I’m not privy to any of the insider info so I’ll take LAV’s word for it. You can holster that Sig P320 in a trash can & start a fucking fire w/ it that’ll rage for eons & guess what? It won’t affect performance. At least not negatively anyway.

Have y’all ever seen immediate action drills performed on a P320? It’s really simple; spike that bitch on the ground & it’ll fire. Shit, it’ll probably fire on an empty magazine.

Dumpster fire in 3, 2, & 1...

I’m not privy to any of the insider info so I’ll take LAV’s word for it. You can holster that Sig P320 in a trash can & start a fucking fire w/ it that’ll rage for eons & guess what? It won’t affect performance. At least not negatively anyway.

Have y’all ever seen immediate action drills performed on a P320? It’s really simple; spike that bitch on the ground & it’ll fire. Shit, it’ll probably fire on an empty magazine.

Dumpster fire in 3, 2, & 1...

Wow.....what are you drinking this afternoon, brother? :)

Reactions: Milf Dots
If I had to run out the door with something, it would be the Glocks. Would make me sad leaving the others behind, but if you're "buggin out", there's no time to be sad.

Agreed CZ's and 1911's have the ergo's, but if you train enough, anything becomes second nature.

And... picture this - you had to defend your family from an intruder determined to do harm, and law enforcement asks you for the weapon for evidence... handing over the $500 Glock is WAY easier than handing over your $3000+ show-piece.

Just so you ladies all know, PSA is selling Gen 3 G19, G29, and G21 TALO editions for $399 right now. Get some.

Also, skip the Magpul Glock mags. I ended up with 3 in some group mag purchase on here and thought I could use them to abuse at the range, dropping on concrete doing reload drills. They are good if you need Jam drills though. Same gun, same day, swapped back to factory mags and ran like a champ without a single hiccup.

Just so you ladies all know, PSA is selling Gen 3 G19, G29, and G21 TALO editions for $399 right now. Get some.

Also, skip the Magpul Glock mags. I ended up with 3 in some group mag purchase on here and thought I could use them to abuse at the range, dropping on concrete doing reload drills. They are good if you need Jam drills though. Same gun, same day, swapped back to factory mags and ran like a champ without a single hiccup.
Wait, I though the title to this thread is: Glocks work, period end of story. So apparently if you use an aftermarket mag, well not so much? I know, I know. Pistols can be mag sensitive.

I have a ton (30+) G19 mags that all work fine.

Its not the pistol, its the mag.
they dont work reliably in any 19 I have tried.
i would have never spent $ on them, just ended up with them.

had a couple 1911 mags like that.
Wouldnt run in 7-8 different pistols. Its a mag problem.

Reactions: perttime