• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good W/O stack

GreyShirts

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm looking for a good workout stack. Something I can take before, during, and after my w/o? I currently work on 3rd shift (2130-0730), LEO jobs, not always great on the body. Anyways, when I go in and w/o around 0400 hrs, I feel dead and gas out quick. I would like to loose some weight(fat), and gain some weight(muscle). I'm not lazy, but did just hit 30yo back in January, not an excuse. I work out as much as possible but our schedule doesn't permit me to w/o every night...sometimes we get busy. Any help would be great.

Re: Good W/O stack

Pre; 1 scoop of whey, 5gr of Creatine, 3gr D-Aspartic acid, 1.75gr Beta Alanine add instant cofee

Post; 2 scoops whey, 5gr Creatine, 1.75 Beta Alanine, 2 scoops Waxy Maize and 5gr Creatine, 5gr Glutamine

Re: Good W/O stack

Im no professional body builder, but I am very athletic and have competed in a range of sports all of my life. I really enjoy the weight room, but honestly, I have personally never had much luck with all of the popular supps. Remember that everyone reacts differently to different things, so many products that are helpful to Bob might not be so helpful for Tom. Not to say they dont work, but I feel a well planned workout routine and diet is much more valuable. I have a decent chemical background(o-chem, p-chem, bio-chem, fuel chem), so I like to think I understand why certain products work over others. After all, proper chemicals at the right time will yield results. IMO, there are a few key ingredients and rules to follow.

Before supps, Id like to mention this (in no particular order):

1.) Stay hydrated! You will be amazed by the stamina you can add just by staying hydrated.
2.) If you want to cut the fat, you must do cardio. Also, keeping your heart rate up during workouts can help. (minimal rest between sets)
3.) Practice good form and slow reps rather than max weight.
4.) Try doing every set to exhaustion, rather than a number of reps.
5.) I like a good 'burnout' set for each muscle group at the end of a workout.
6.) Be a healthy hog, meaning eat good foods in good amounts often.
7.) Dont overwork a muscle group. Proper recovery is key to strength and mass. I like to allow atleast 5 days before hitting a muscle group again. This time frame can be cut down with proper supplementation, ultimately leading to bigger and faster gains, the claim to fame of supplements.

Pre-workout: I highly recommend the BCAA's (branch chain amino acids) because they are the guys that work with proteins to promote muscle growth. Mainly Glutamine, Arganine, Leucine, and Valine. You can find these in a mixture in just about any pre-workout supp. Whey is a good choice because it is fast digesting and can be well absorbed during the course of a workout. Creatine and NO are very popular and proven choices, but I dont prefer them. Creatine upsets my stomach and NO makes me too jittery, but ill take it occasionally when I really need a boost.

Post-workout: ** Eat a big, lean, protein packed meal.**
Whey protein and more BCAA's should be a staple. Since whey will digest quickly, I like to take immediately after a workout when muscles are completely fatigued. Don't be fooled by the pretty advertisements and 'high-end' proteins. Aside from the Hydro's, the process involved with refining most whey protein is basically the same. Casein protein is slow digesting and I like to take it before bed. The latest trend leans towards Hydro proteins. They are pricey, but are truely a premium protein with a well rounded profile.

As for brands, I highly recommend Optimum Nutrition. I think they make a quality product at a good price compared to other brands. Cheap Supplements is my next favorite. No bullshit involved, they sell you simple products, not big muscles and bogus advertisements. Again, dont be fooled by high price or brand recognition. The chemistry is what matters, and most products don't vary much from brand to brand.

If you want to get big fast, go buy some hormones and needles and hop on the bandwagon. If you want to grow healthy and strong, I think my advice can help. Good luck.

Garrett