Goodbye Kimber....

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
It's with great regret that I report that my puppy Kimber passed away. I put her out in the yard an hour before and when I went to check on her, she was gone. Looks like her heart gave out. She was 5 months old as of today. :(

It wasnt a poison or anything she ate. No foaming of the mouth, no vomitting, no signs of a struggle, and her eyes weren't rolled back, still looking straight ahead. She passed instantly and fell onto her side.

DSC_4324_tonemapped.jpg

Icallem

Football Ref
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2011
N. Central MO
Had a bird dog pup do that years ago, spent about $500 trying to find out what went wrong and netted nothing.

Sorry, that is a bad time.

Sieg

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
  • Jun 14, 2018
    Sincerest condolences. Beautiful pup gone way too soon. 😞

Threadcutter308

Outlier
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Camano Island, Washington
    It's with great regret that I report that my puppy Kimber passed away. I put her out in the yard an hour before and when I went to check on her, she was gone. Looks like her heart gave out. She was 5 months old as of today. :(

It wasnt a poison or anything she ate. No foaming of the mouth, no vomitting, no signs of a struggle, and her eyes weren't rolled back, still looking straight ahead. She passed instantly and fell onto her side.

View attachment 7428527
    Oh no, I’m so sorry.....
    Condolences :cry:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jan 4, 2020
    OMG, I am so sorry. Our little girl turned a year this spring, she looks just the same. I'll give her a hug, I don't know what we would do if she just went out like that. So sorry, man. :(

Snipe260

Captain
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 11, 2017
    Had a bird dog pup do that years ago, spent about $500 trying to find out what went wrong and netted nothing.

Sorry, that is a bad time.
    Same here! Year old pointer. Hunted him about an our an out him in the crate while we let some more dogs out. When we came back he was dead. Had to have been heart attack. Sucks!

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Heartworm?
    I doubt it, not at that age and not suddenly without warning.
    I lost my last dog to heartworms and veterinary malpractice. Heartworms is not something that they are perfectly well one moment and then drop dead the next moment.

Reactions: TheHorta

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 11, 2018
    BC, Canada
    The vet came in on her day off and let us drop Kimber off to be cremated. She should be ready to be picked up in two weeks.

Idaho-5R

Private
    Minuteman
    May 5, 2018
    Sorry for your loss, indeed Sir!!!!! It always sucks when our "Best Friends" leave us!!!!!!!!!! As previous poster stated, they always leave us too soon!!!!!

Reactions: pfl338

pfl338

Luv2#Steel....
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    May 16, 2020
    Fort Worth TX
    Sorry for your loss, I know the feeling all to well. All 4 of my Labs have gone to Doggy Heaven in the last 5 years, I feel for you!

Sgt47

Pilgrim
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Dec 5, 2011
    USA
    Sorry for your loss. It's bad enough to lose an old dog, but a young pup is extra heartbreaking. Prayers for you and your family.

Sean the Nailer

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    May 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Mb.
    Our condolences, seriously.

And just a passing comment, but you have a LOT more sympathy, support, regret, care, and even love here in this thread about your pup passing, than "the masses" have expended here on this site with a multitude of threads, about a 'certain heathen bitch' (this is a dog thread, right?) that also recently passed.

I'm just sayin',,,,,

And still proud to say it, too.

45cal4life

Sergeant of the Hide
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Jan 20, 2005
    Arkansas
    Non-dog people will say, it's just a dog. For us dog lovers, they are our family and I am sorry for your loss. I've had both of mine cremated and have the urns' on my dresser

Last edited:

plh

Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Apr 16, 2010
    Texas
    I am so sorry! Lost my 8 yr old Aussie buddy a few years ago in the same fashion with cardiomyopathy. Running and playing with our rescue Yorkie and passed crossing the front yard. Sad sad day that still lingers.

BytorJr

Major Hide Member
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Nov 28, 2018

View attachment 7428527
    So sorry to here about her passing. I know that it’s tough because if it’s THE DOG you are almost immediately bonded 5 months or 5 years it matters not. Dogs are just wonderful creatures and are about the only faith I have now is due to dogs.

vh20

Gunny Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Dec 2, 2012
    Heartworm?
    No, too young. Life cycle of the heartworm is 6 mos. and this is a 5 month old pup. Making a wild guess, at first thought I'd say she's about the right age for thymic hemorrhage:

Very sorry for your loss, @ArmedGinger. It's tough to lose a cherished pet, but losing a sweet, innocent little puppy is just horrible.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheHorta

ACW39

Private
    Minuteman
    Jul 10, 2017
    Sorry for your loss, it’s hard. I put down my dog of 15 yrs in June. Was like losing a child. Best wishes to everyone in your family. It’s not easy.

oldfart80

On Duty
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Dec 17, 2019
    Sorry for your loss buddy, This is why i haven't had a furry friend in years, Saying goodbye is really hard.

Doc68

Almost a doctor
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2014
    CO, Fort Carson

View attachment 7428527
    Sorry to hear that brother. Its rough when they leave our lives so quickly.

Now you have to get 2 more.

Doc

308pirate

Gunny Sergeant
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Apr 25, 2017
    Sorry for your loss.
    At least she just died, much easier for me than having to take them in for the needle.
    I have 2 coming to that age and dread when those days come.
    I was thinking the same exact thing. The only thing more painful than having a pet die in your arms would be a loved one.

Reactions: Foul Mike

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
    Staff member
    Commercial Supporter
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Online Training Access
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Sorry for your loss. These little guys/gals have a way of sneaking into our hearts. 😪

Rio2019

Private
    Hessian
    Minuteman
    Online Training Access
    Jul 10, 2020
    Taos, NM
    Gone far too soon, my friend! I prefer to think that she has just gone ahead to find your next home.