• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Goodbye Kimber....

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
It's with great regret that I report that my puppy Kimber passed away. I put her out in the yard an hour before and when I went to check on her, she was gone. Looks like her heart gave out. She was 5 months old as of today. :(

It wasnt a poison or anything she ate. No foaming of the mouth, no vomitting, no signs of a struggle, and her eyes weren't rolled back, still looking straight ahead. She passed instantly and fell onto her side.

DSC_4324_tonemapped.jpg

Had a bird dog pup do that years ago, spent about $500 trying to find out what went wrong and netted nothing.

Sorry, that is a bad time.

Sincerest condolences. Beautiful pup gone way too soon. 😞

It's with great regret that I report that my puppy Kimber passed away. I put her out in the yard an hour before and when I went to check on her, she was gone. Looks like her heart gave out. She was 5 months old as of today. :(

It wasnt a poison or anything she ate. No foaming of the mouth, no vomitting, no signs of a struggle, and her eyes weren't rolled back, still looking straight ahead. She passed instantly and fell onto her side.

View attachment 7428527
Oh no, I’m so sorry.....
Condolences :cry:

OMG, I am so sorry. Our little girl turned a year this spring, she looks just the same. I'll give her a hug, I don't know what we would do if she just went out like that. So sorry, man. :(

Had a bird dog pup do that years ago, spent about $500 trying to find out what went wrong and netted nothing.

Sorry, that is a bad time.
Same here! Year old pointer. Hunted him about an our an out him in the crate while we let some more dogs out. When we came back he was dead. Had to have been heart attack. Sucks!

Heartworm?

I doubt it, not at that age and not suddenly without warning.
I lost my last dog to heartworms and veterinary malpractice. Heartworms is not something that they are perfectly well one moment and then drop dead the next moment.

Reactions: TheHorta
The vet came in on her day off and let us drop Kimber off to be cremated. She should be ready to be picked up in two weeks.

Sorry for your loss, indeed Sir!!!!! It always sucks when our "Best Friends" leave us!!!!!!!!!! As previous poster stated, they always leave us too soon!!!!!

Reactions: pfl338
Sorry for your loss. It's bad enough to lose an old dog, but a young pup is extra heartbreaking. Prayers for you and your family.

Our condolences, seriously.

And just a passing comment, but you have a LOT more sympathy, support, regret, care, and even love here in this thread about your pup passing, than "the masses" have expended here on this site with a multitude of threads, about a 'certain heathen bitch' (this is a dog thread, right?) that also recently passed.

I'm just sayin',,,,,

And still proud to say it, too.

Non-dog people will say, it's just a dog. For us dog lovers, they are our family and I am sorry for your loss. I've had both of mine cremated and have the urns' on my dresser

Last edited:
I am so sorry! Lost my 8 yr old Aussie buddy a few years ago in the same fashion with cardiomyopathy. Running and playing with our rescue Yorkie and passed crossing the front yard. Sad sad day that still lingers.

View attachment 7428527
So sorry to here about her passing. I know that it’s tough because if it’s THE DOG you are almost immediately bonded 5 months or 5 years it matters not. Dogs are just wonderful creatures and are about the only faith I have now is due to dogs.

Heartworm?

No, too young. Life cycle of the heartworm is 6 mos. and this is a 5 month old pup. Making a wild guess, at first thought I'd say she's about the right age for thymic hemorrhage:

Very sorry for your loss, @ArmedGinger. It's tough to lose a cherished pet, but losing a sweet, innocent little puppy is just horrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHorta
Sorry for your loss, it’s hard. I put down my dog of 15 yrs in June. Was like losing a child. Best wishes to everyone in your family. It’s not easy.

View attachment 7428527
Sorry to hear that brother. Its rough when they leave our lives so quickly.

Now you have to get 2 more.

Doc

Sorry for your loss.
At least she just died, much easier for me than having to take them in for the needle.
I have 2 coming to that age and dread when those days come.

I was thinking the same exact thing. The only thing more painful than having a pet die in your arms would be a loved one.

Reactions: Foul Mike
Sorry for your loss. These little guys/gals have a way of sneaking into our hearts. 😪

Gone far too soon, my friend! I prefer to think that she has just gone ahead to find your next home.

Im so sorry. I have two 6 month old GSDs and would be a wreck if either passed like that.