• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got some shitty news today... Updated 5/9/2012...

Re: Got some shitty news today...

Good luck to you, John. Stay positive and be involved in your health care.

Crap! I'm 47 so imagine that was the last thing you expected to hear. I'll pray for you and call if you'd like to chat. PM me for the numbre.

i believe in the power of prayer to,sent one up for you,i had a battle with CDEF of the colon,caused by antibiotics given to me to combat gangrene from a gall stone infection,long story short,they removed my colon,gall bladder,and 1/3rd of my pancreas,had to wear a bag for 6 months,then the DR. said come on in and let's do a colonoscopy and see if it's time to "hook your plumbing back up".So i went in,nurse said"change into this gown and leave your shoes on".I did,but i wear boots,so when i was called down to the room ,i showed up in my boots and a gown,Dr. and nurses laughed their ass off,guess i was pushing the envelope on attire...anyway i learned Marines are hard to kill(me)and some body parts you just don't need,it's been 2 years now, good luck and god bless.

The mind is a powerful and amazing thing. Stay strong and do your best to keep a positive attitude. The power of prayer is phenominal and my family will add you to our prayers. Good luck and God Bless!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, this morning I went for my first Colonoscopy. I've been having some cramping and unusual bathroom habits lately. I'm only 47 so I wasn't expecting anything worse than maybe some internal hemorrhoids or something... Turns out it's Colon Cancer. So far that's all we know until the biopsy report comes back.

I know this is nothing compared to some of the shit that our Sons and Friends are dealing with in Combat Zones around the World. Hopefully it's "nothing to worry about" and I hate to even bring it up but you Guys and Gals are like Family to me so... if you have a few seconds and it's not too much trouble please include me in your Prayers. I'd really appreciate it. I'm a firm believer in the power of Prayer.

Thanks Everyone,
John
</div></div>

John,
Comming from a guy in a combat zone, we volunteered to do this, no one ever volunteers for cancer. I hope everything works out for you bro. My prayers are out to you bud.

Ray

God speed your recover and prayers sent to you and your family. I had my own wake up call recently with aneurysms, I lead a fuller life knowing how close I came to loosing it, definitely makes a man realize what is and what was never important.

Todd

My wife was diag. with stage 3 colon cancer. good surgen removed her asending colon and then she did 6mo chemo. colon chemo is one of the easier courses, she lost very little hair. early this year was her 5th year anaversery. her counts are still near nill.

keep up the good fight, prayer sent, god speed.

the test at 50 yo is for those with NO family history. they also say 5 years between clean scopings. also no history.
her grand father had it. hers arrived at 57 she insisted her brother get tested and saved him too 55 yo. her kids now have 3 in history and needed to start testing at 40. and then every other year.

Re: Got some shitty news today... UPDATED!

Thats good news,bro.I hope that is the way it goes.Still praying for ya. Pete

Praying for you oneshot! With God, ALL things are possible. HE is to good to wrong and too wise to make a mistake! Like boom236 said, no one ever volunteers for cancer. However, the update is good news and you hang in there and keep believing!

Good news John sounds positive I will keep praying for a completely successful surgery.

Oneshot - more prayers inbound, you have just about a whole church here praying for you. Listen to your body; at this point positive, try to reduce any more stress than you have just been dealt with, keeps those lymphocytes fighting on your side!
Keep the faith!

Needed a little boost from my "Snipers Hide Family" and you guys came through again! Thanks again for all the support and Prayers! It means more than you'll ever know!

Glad to read your update. If the lymph labs come back and it hasn't metastasized your pretty much home free brother. Hoping for the best bro, the people I know who cought it at a reasonable time are 5 for 5 free and clear. I'm very willing to bet you will make it 6 for 6. The hospital at UAB where I work/teach/take class has some great success with colon cancer. I'm sure your prognosis will be good sir. All the luck in the world to you.

Now that is good news indeed. Now to meet your responsibility to yourself, do go to several reputable sites, and research the hell out of this stuff. AdenoCA, is indeed garden variety but will still need some of your own attention.
He got that answer from your original biopsy. The next set of labs will look to see that the edges are free of cancer , that is, did he cut enough out.
this doesn't mean you are out of the woods, either. I don't mean to harsh your buzz, but you will have to educate yourself.
good luck. God Bless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, this morning I went for my first Colonoscopy. I've been having some cramping and unusual bathroom habits lately. I'm only 47 so I wasn't expecting anything worse than maybe some internal hemorrhoids or something... Turns out it's Colon Cancer. So far that's all we know until the biopsy report comes back.

I know this is nothing compared to some of the shit that our Sons and Friends are dealing with in Combat Zones around the World. Hopefully it's "nothing to worry about" and I hate to even bring it up but you Guys and Gals are like Family to me so... if you have a few seconds and it's not too much trouble please include me in your Prayers. I'd really appreciate it. I'm a firm believer in the power of Prayer.

Thanks Everyone,
John

Update...
Went to my Surgical Consultation today with Dr. Steinbaum. Surgery is set for Tuesday, December 14th at noon at Fish Memorial hospital in Orange City Fl.. The surgery will be laparoscopic and involve only small incisions. He'll remove the affected area and re-attach the two ends. Then he'll remove the Lymph nodes in the area to biopsy them. The best case is that the cancer has not spread into my Lymphatic system and the removal of the cancer will be the end of it. If it has affected my Lymphatic system I will need Chemo-therapy. If it has affected any other organs, that's trouble! He called the cancer "Garden Variety" colon cancer that he has seen and removed a hundred times. It's called Adenocarcinoma. According to the Doc I'll be up and around the same day, and eating within a day or two. The Hospital stay will be 3 or 4 days but only because they need to wait for a bowel-movement before they can kick me outa' there. Once I'm out, if all went well, I'll be able to continue life... Uninterrupted! No special diet, no long term affects. That's what I'm Praying for!

Thanks again Everyone!!!
</div></div>

Tuesday will find you in my prayers once again. Keep the faith man, you are gonna beat this!!

Update... It's 8:37am the day before surgery and I'm sittin' on the head typing away on my iPod Touch. The prep has begun and it's not that bad... Yet. I expect to spend most of the day here. Surgery is tomorrow around Noon. Yippee! My spirits are good and it's completely because of Prayer and support!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!... Again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update... It's 8:37am the day before surgery and I'm sittin' on the head typing away on my iPod Touch. The prep has begun and it's not that bad... Yet. I expect to spend most of the day here. Surgery is tomorrow around Noon. Yippee! My spirits are good and it's completely because of Prayer and support!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!... Again!</div></div>

When my Grandmother had to do the "prep" she moved a Television and a comfy chair to the bathroom. I feel for you.

Best of luck!

I've got the iPod right next to the toilet. A TV would be tough to get in here and there's definitely no room for a comfy-chair! LOL!!!

Take some pics of the nurse
grin.gif

No nurses yet... I'm still at home until tomorrow. The "prep" involves cleaning out my colon. The only company I have is my 100lb Yellow Lab and cat.

11:24am... On the head again. I've given a name to the little trot to the Bathroom. I call it "The Colyte Shuffle".

Oneshot, keep your head up man. We're all praying for you. Don't forget to have a little discussion with the big guy, he's really the one that will pull you through this.
Remember that he will not give you a cross that you cannot bare.
Good luck and keep us informed.

ONESHOT, remeber it is shit to you but bread and butter to them damn doctors!! Keep your spirit up there is a Supermatch on its way to you . Maybe the Doc will give you extended medical leave makes for good range rehab!Prayers going out to you and yours.

Also might work a trade on M1A mags for a doughnut cushion!! No skidmarks though!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downrange1x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ONESHOT, remeber it is shit to you but bread and butter to them damn doctors!! Keep your spirit up there is a Supermatch on its way to you . Maybe the Doc will give you extended medical leave makes for good range rehab!Prayers going out to you and yours. </div></div>

Many thanks! ... And I WILL get that HS to you ASAP!!!

Damn bro! I would almost trade places with you . It's 17 degrees with a 25-30 mile breeze here today windchill of 0-5 below.

My prayers are for you buddy...I have done the prep before and all and all it is not all that bad considering the alternative. I pray for your positive outcome for your ordeal. My Father-in-Law is a two timer with Cancer, Prostate and Throat, and has now been cancer free for the past 10 years. He definitely has a new perspective on life and he lives everyday with a new zest for life.

Best of luck. Stay positive and you'll be good to go.

you'll be in my prayers tonight and I'll light a candle tomorrow in church.

Well, surgery is today! They changed the time by half an hour to 12:30pm. I have to be there 2 hours early. I may not get a chance to post anymore before then so I'll be in touch afterward. Thank you all very much for the Prayers and encouragement! Now I gotta go whoop the shit outa' this thing!!!

Just saw this bro, I see you are going for surgery today. Be positive, keep a light heart, allow those that can to help you, and most of all beat this motherfucker! I made it through my own type of cancer, cancer ain't shit if don't give it any power. I've seen winners and losers on both sides of this fight. The ones that take it as it comes, live thier lives, and just take it as lifes experience, are the victors. Your mental attitude will take you through any thing it throws at you.

In my thoghts and prayers,
Chris

Good luck. Hope everything goes better than expected.

Good luck man, when all is said and done ill have to come over your way and let you show me whats up with some long range shootin!

keepin u in my prayers-nick

Prayers just finished for you man. God Bless.

Best wishes sniper brother for a good path/staging report and for a fast recovery

Oneshot :NOT TRYING TO BE A PAIN IN YOUR ASS. Just making sure everything went o.k. today bro. You're probably in la-la land rightnow. Prayers still going out to ya!Check up on ya tomorrow. P.S. spank the nurse on her ass for us all.

Well, surgery happened yesterday. It was actually later than expected. The Doc had a lot of surgeries yesterday before mine. I feel like smashed ass but I'll recover! The surgery went well supposedly and the biopsy report should be ready tomorrow. Last night was rough but that was to be expected. I just took a walk around the floor. I feel so old walking the isles with my IV bags hangin' off that wheelie thing I have to push around. Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!