• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got some shitty news today... Updated 5/9/2012...

Re: Got some shitty news today...

UPDATE... As I type this on my iPod Touch I'm sitting in a lounge chair with about 10 other Cancer patients getting my very first dose of Chemo-therapy. Yippee! So far so good! I have about another hour to go and then I go home and wait to see if I experience any side-effects. They installed a port in my chest last Friday which makes this a lot easier.

Just wanted to keep Y'all updated and express my thanks for the Prayers and support! I can actually feel all of it! Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Anyway, thanks again!!!

John

Stay strong John, just remember you are one tough bastard and you will make the cancer your bitch and come out victorious. I'm actually leaving in a few minutes to head to the VA to get some tests on my heart, might be getting it zapped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stay strong John, just remember you are one tough bastard and you will make the cancer your bitch and come out victorious. I'm actually leaving in a few minutes to head to the VA to get some tests on my heart, might be getting it zapped. </div></div>
Well good luck to you my friend. My Prayers will be with you... And thank you for the encouragement!

John

Thanks for the update.Was wondering how you were.Will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Pete

For what it is worth, my cousin just finished going through chemo, and radiation for bone cancer...and is now cancer free. She is about 65, and doing quite well. She tolerated the treatment program quite well, and it caught up with her after she was done, but about 60 days afterwards, she is recovering from all that quite nicely.

So there is lots of hope. I hope you fare well.

Re: Got some shitty news today... Updated 1/13/2011...

My dad was in the same situation as you a few years ago. He went through the minor surgeries and treatments, since he also had polyps in his stomach. His is now cancer free and has no after affects from it all. Best of luck, stay positive.

Well... All <span style="font-style: italic">was</span> well with my Chemo... Notice I said "was". That was until I decided to take one of the Anti-Viral pills I was given a couple days ago because I was getting a scratchy throat. Ahhh... That was a Mistake! Man did I get nauseous! Tried to calm it down with a Zofran and that took the edge off but I wound up only getting about 2 hrs of sleep, tossing and turning, massive headache. Let me tell ya... This stuff aint for sissies!!!

Feeling much better today but got this funky reaction to cold. It makes my fingers tingle and my muscles sieze up and if I drink something cold it feels like razors going down my throat. Should only last a few days according to the Doc but man does that suck!

As always, thanks for the kind words, Prayers and encouragement from everyone!

Cheers,
John

To ward off mouth/throat sores try gargling with 1/2 teaspoon baking soad and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in warm water in the AM & PM. Hope this helps with your tender/temp sensitive throat...
Also, next time you talk to your Dr. ask about upping/tweaking the Zofran dose or adding another drug such as Compazine. This should be able to better control the nausea. When my father was diagnosed with cancer we found that, under the direction of his Dr., tweaking meds and doses helped to eliminate such side effects.
Glad to hear of the clear PET scan and prayers sent for continued healing.

I have seen many persons beat cancer, with help from alternative medicine. I work as a D.C. Twenty years from now many of these processes will be common, but right now they are still very "alternative".

Ionic foot baths, some cold laser treatments, etc. I work occasionally with a D.C. in Sacramento who is way out there in alternative medicine. Patient after patient with impossible cases is cured . If I had not met these patients, I would not believe it myself.

Here is the text, abbreviated, from a recent patient's father. The patient is now three years old:

TESTIMONIAL
In October 2009 my two year old daughter, Alicia, was diagnosed at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University, with a brain tumor in the area of the Pons. The tumor measured 5cm x 4cm x 2cm. We were told that Alicia's life expectancy was probably about three months at the most, unless she was given radiation treatments. If she did, she might live for as long as a year......
We now went to the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida and in December 2009 we started to gradually take her off the prescribed medications.
.....In June of 2010 we were down to 1/6th of the prescribed dose of steroids when Alicia suddenly lost a lot of energy, and she started sleeping most of the day. She lost her appetite and ate nothing during the two days.....
....When we arrived at Dr. Lubecki's, Alicia had not walked in months and she seemed to be in a rapid state of decline, she had not eaten in over two days, she could no longer hold her head up, one of her eyes "crossed" and she could hardly move or moan because of the pain.
That day, after the first series of treatments--the low level laser, the homeopathic imprinter, the ionic foot bath and the magnetic bed--she took her first bite of food and she regained more consciousness and has been progressing and feeling better all the time.
Alicia has now been entirely off the medications and steroids for over two months, her eyes are straight again, she is becoming stronger, has more energy, she is eating really well and slowly gaining weight. She is also sleeping well, she is seldom in pain, except for brief periods, and she is even slowly regaining her desire to walk, with my help. We are tremendously thankful to Dr. Lubecki for all that he has done for us and feel blessed to have found him at the time we did.
Sincerely,
Bani Khalsa
[email protected]

The more I learn about healing, the more I realize how little we know. If anyone wants to see the full text, I can email it as an attachment (jpg) or fax it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen many persons beat cancer, with help from alternative medicine. I work as a D.C. Twenty years from now many of these processes will be common, but right now they are still very "alternative".

Ionic foot baths, some cold laser treatments, etc. I work occasionally with a D.C. in Sacramento who is way out there in alternative medicine. Patient after patient with impossible cases is cured . If I had not met these patients, I would not believe it myself.

Here is the text, abbreviated, from a recent patient's father. The patient is now three years old:

TESTIMONIAL
In October 2009 my two year old daughter, Alicia, was diagnosed at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University, with a brain tumor in the area of the Pons. The tumor measured 5cm x 4cm x 2cm. We were told that Alicia's life expectancy was probably about three months at the most, unless she was given radiation treatments. If she did, she might live for as long as a year......
We now went to the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida and in December 2009 we started to gradually take her off the prescribed medications.
.....In June of 2010 we were down to 1/6th of the prescribed dose of steroids when Alicia suddenly lost a lot of energy, and she started sleeping most of the day. She lost her appetite and ate nothing during the two days.....
....When we arrived at Dr. Lubecki's, Alicia had not walked in months and she seemed to be in a rapid state of decline, she had not eaten in over two days, she could no longer hold her head up, one of her eyes "crossed" and she could hardly move or moan because of the pain.
That day, after the first series of treatments--the low level laser, the homeopathic imprinter, the ionic foot bath and the magnetic bed--she took her first bite of food and she regained more consciousness and has been progressing and feeling better all the time.
Alicia has now been entirely off the medications and steroids for over two months, her eyes are straight again, she is becoming stronger, has more energy, she is eating really well and slowly gaining weight. She is also sleeping well, she is seldom in pain, except for brief periods, and she is even slowly regaining her desire to walk, with my help. We are tremendously thankful to Dr. Lubecki for all that he has done for us and feel blessed to have found him at the time we did.
Sincerely,
Bani Khalsa
[email protected]

The more I learn about healing, the more I realize how little we know. If anyone wants to see the full text, I can email it as an attachment (jpg) or fax it.

</div></div>

For every "testimonial" about alternative medicine, I could show you a stack of charts on patients who rejected standard of care treatment for curable cancers to chase alternative medicine, only to return later when their cancer was no longer curable.

If alternative medicine provided miracle cures, it could stand up to the proof of objective randomized studies, which it has consistently failed to do. You can find testimonials for the success of virtually anything, including doing nothing, since the body will very occasionally mount a defense on its own to eliminate a tumor.

Such empty promises prey on the hope and fear of patients, which makes their pushers evil IMHO.

John, hopes and prayers for your continued recovery and disease-free status.

I'm going to stick to the traditional route for now. Although I appreciate any and all options available.

I have another UPDATE:

The end of my first round of Chemo was less than pleasant. I got these blisters and sores on the bottom of my feet that made it almost impossible to walk. They had me stop the Xeloda for the last 4 days and the problem subsided some. I also think I picked up a stomach virus or ate something that didn't agree with me. I spent several days doubled-over with cramps and crappin' water!

Anyway, I went back yesterday for my second round. So far so good. I'm at work and feeling pretty fair.

I still appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers and many thanks to everyone who took the time to share their personal experiences!

John

After reading Your last few posts, I have determined You are one tough SOB. Hang in there John.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading Your last few posts, I have determined You are one tough SOB. Hang in there John. </div></div>

I agree 100%.!!! You can beat this!

Prayers inbound John, hang in there buddy you can do it !!!

Just have been reading this whole thread.....

Everyone and Anyone who has had any family member ie cousin, uncle, grandpa, dad anyone on mom or dads side GO get a colonoscopy asap. What ever your age is. If your 32 or 42.
My father had it, and now I get tested every 5 years. My Doc said it take's 9 yrs for a polyp to go south on ya, so go get one done every 5 and your GTG. Then get one at 50 with no family history. If any Family history at all go get it done now please.

All the best John

Hey John, keep at it. You're in our prayers!

Hey Bro,sorry to hear about your problems.We're thinking about you,and you have our thoughts and prayers.Hang in there, Pete

They gave me Compazine. Fortunately, I only needed it occasionally. Never, ever load up on the Compazine, it can result in major cramps and locked muscles.

Hang in there, you have entered the gut-it-out stage. Just understand; it has an end, and things start getting better soon after.

Greg

John, glad to see you are getting through the drugs and chemo. Keep us updated in your progress. I hope you get through it as quickly and comfortably as possible.

I'm glad to hear your second round is going better than your first, now just keep kicking that cancers ass and we'll all keep our thoughts, prayers and well wishes focused on your full and speedy recovery.

Re: Got some shitty news today... Updated 2/4/2011...

Well my friend, I don't know if this cheers you up to get post from friends, but I want you know I check up on your progress on the "Hide" and I am still praying for your recovery.

Re: Got some shitty news today... Updated 2/4/2011...

New News! I just got to spend a couple of fun-filled weeks in the Hospital. It seems my entire digestive system got infected somehow. Good news is I lost 37 pounds! I really only needed to lose 20 but I'll probably put it back on pretty quickly. Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know that I'm still feeling the Prayers and appreciate all of Y'all! Thanks again SH Family!

Re: Got some shitty news today... Updated 2/28/2011...

Im a new member here and just wanted to let you know my family will keep you in our prayers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MANIMAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a new member here and just wanted to let you know my family will keep you in our prayers. </div></div>
Many thanks Friend!

Good to hear you're still chugging along. Thoughts and prayers continue to be sent your way for a speedy fight and full recovery. Keep it up brother.

I'm a little late here. My prayers and thoughts are with you brother. I don't know you personally but I can tell you that this really is a family here and I honestly feel for you. I don't know many other forums that are tight this way. Something special here. Sorry to get mushy. I've had my share of medical things in my life but nothing compared to this. I thought I had it bad at the time. Your attitude says it all. Your a stronger man than me. Keep looking at the gold sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Precision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a little late here. My prayers and thoughts are with you brother. I don't know you personally but I can tell you that this really is a family here and I honestly feel for you. I don't know many other forums that are tight this way. Something special here. Sorry to get mushy. I've had my share of medical things in my life but nothing compared to this. I thought I had it bad at the time. Your attitude says it all. Your a stronger man than me. Keep looking at the gold sir. </div></div>
Thanks John! Still lovin' the A5 I got from you last year... Although I still catch heat for hoggin it out an droppin' a Whidden Bedding Block in it! LOL!!!

Prayer is a powerful thing...one way or another you will pull through.

Well... Here it is... Late September! At this point I'm feeling Great! Playing Beach Volleyball 2 to 3 times a week! Last Pet-scan in May was clean. CEA level was down around 1.9 a few weeks ago. Last week my Primary Care Physician said I was very healthy. I've changed my diet a bit but only to healthier foods and very little processed sugar.

I just want to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of my Heart for all of the Prayers and Positive Energy you've sent my way! ITS WORKING!!!

Damn, That's great news! So glad You are doing good. Keep up the healthy living!

Great news oneshot! You know those PET scans are supposed to be fantastic. I guess they can detect as small as a few cells of cancer so if it comes out clean you are good to go.

Looks like you've learned the same thing I did. Embarking on a full-or-better recovery is essential. It's the final stage and eventual justification of all the work everyone, yourself included, invested in your remission.

It does more than simply restoring mind and body.

It sets one on a path that makes any relapse far more easy (I know, it's never easy, but it is easi<span style="font-style: italic">er</span>, and easier is quite often the difference between success and that other thing) to overcome.

It reestablishes a health regimen that precludes the presence of many of the small factors that are probably never going to get tracked down, which enabled the cancer to emerge in the first place.

It also puts one in a frame of mind and a physical condition thet allows you to get off that dime and going on all those great ideas you were going to get around to one day.

I mean, what the hell were we waiting for anyway?

Ya done good. Now keep with it. You're not done. If you do this right, you never will be. That is far from being a bad thing.

Greg

OK... I know it's been a while but I thought I'd update y'all...

Back in October 2011 they did a CAT-Scan and found a 5mm "Nodule" on the Lower Lobe of my Right Lung. Could have been Metastasized Cancer from the original Colon Cancer, could have been benign and just a stable Nodule and nothing to worry about. The plan was to keep an eye on my health and come back in 6 months for another CAT-Scan to see if it has grown or multiplied. Well, I just had the follow-up CAT-Scan on Monday and got the call today... ALL CLEAR!!! YIPPEE!!! Nothing going on in my Chest, Abdomen or Pelvis! The Nodule is still stable and believed to be benign!

I'm a firm believer in the power of Prayer and Positive Energy and I know all of you... My Brothers (and Sisters) and your Prayers and affirmation have had a profound effect on this outcome! I THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

John