• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Gothic Serpent Colt 723

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    sold This is a type copy of the Colt 723 as used by SFOD-D in Operation Gothic Serpent, and as portrayed in the movie "Blackhawk Down". This gun uses a Colt Carbine Lower with all Colt fire controls and parts. It is a large pin lower and comes with the spacer. The upper is all Colt A1 with a Colt bolt carrier group. The barrel is pinned and welded at 16" and is aftermarket, as is the front sight. The paint scheme is as portrayed in "Blackhawk Down" and as the "Hero Rifle" in Larry Vickers' book, "Ar-15 Part 1". The gun is equipped with a near mint and fully operational Aimpoint 3000 as discussed in Vickers' book as the sight used by SFOD-D. The Aimpoint has a rare factory detachable polarizing filter that can be adjusted for any light condition. The gun is also equipped with an original SureFire 6p light with red flip-up filter and pressure switch. The light has been modified with a pressure switch in the same way as those used by Delta. The pressure switch was custom fitted by Delta armorers as there was no commercial model available. This light has been similarly modified with a one-off custom fitted pressure switch and sealed with RDX, like the Delta models. Since this is a rare $400 flashlight, I have included the original parts and the light can be returned to its original condition, if so desired. Two original Colt magazines are included and have been taped together in the method used by Delta during the operation. This gun is not just a showpiece, but a gun that is fully combat ready...you can bet your life on it. This gun is guaranteed by myself and can be returned FOR ANY REASON, within one week, for a full refund, less shipping. I have never had a rifle returned. This gun will be going up for auction tonight on GunBroker, but I am offering it early for Hide members for a price of $2500 shipped to your FFL. I expect the gun to go for $3k. Once the gun receives a bid it must be purchased thru Gunbroker. By buying from me thru the hide you don't pay tax and I don't pay commission...win/win. Watch a function test of the gun firing four different brands of ammunition, without a hitch, below. The video was taken in one go...not multiple takes or edits.

DSCN6755.JPG

DSCN6756.JPG

DSCN6757.JPG

DSCN6758.JPG
    DSCN6762.JPG
    DSCN6767.JPG

DSCN6754.JPG

DSCN6760.JPG

DSCN6769.JPG

DSCN6753.JPG

DSCN6752.JPG

Last edited:
    Hello sir - say that someone wanted to have this same rifle built for them. Is that possible? If I wanted to have this exact same rifle made for my purchase, can that be done?

For anyone looking for this iconic build, is time + effort + money the solution? Or is an already built model for sale a realistic option?

I have experience with milsurp but not this level of customization.

Thank you

Hello sir - say that someone wanted to have this same rifle built for them. Is that possible? If I wanted to have this exact same rifle made for my purchase, can that be done?

For anyone looking for this iconic build, is time + effort + money the solution? Or is an already built model for sale a realistic option?

I have experience with milsurp but not this level of customization.

Thank you
    This was a one-of -a-kind from my personal collection. Not sure where you could get one like it.