• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gov Shutdown @ NFA?

Honestly, be a concerned tax payer for a moment - don't you want them to be classified as 'non essential'? Now don't you feel the same way about the cooking / cleaning / service staff at the WH and halls of Congress?

(any bets on which group is at work today and which aren't?)

Honestly, be a concerned tax payer for a moment - don't you want them to be classified as 'non essential'? Now don't you feel the same way about the cooking / cleaning / service staff at the WH and halls of Congress?

(any bets on which group is at work today and which aren't?)

The NFA branch is one of the few money making arms of the government. Similar to Consular Affairs at the State Department (Visas/Passports) and the Immigration wing of ICE (naturalization,citizenship, permanent residence). Be careful with your question about "don't you want them to be classified as 'non essential'" that could be interpreted as political and political discussion has been banned on the hide.

Honestly - when people say the NFA is making money - I question that from a managerial accounting perspective.

ETA - your definition is not what constitutes an 'essential government employee' - hence my discussion regarding the cooking and cleaning staff.

Last edited:
Just talked to my dealer and he said they have been told they cannot use the NICS for background checks to transfer firearms. He was not sure about the ATF and their forms.

Just talked to my dealer and he said they have been told they cannot use the NICS for background checks to transfer firearms. He was not sure about the ATF and their forms.
I am pretty sure that the NFA Examiners would be considered non-exempt from the furlough process so there is going to be a very steady slow down. As someone that is going through that at the moment I will get to sit at work but not get paid. Hopefully I will get back pay.

Last edited:
talked with ATF, everything pending is put on hold and they're not putting anymore forms in. We can still send them but according to the young lady. It's just going to sit there.

Thanks for the update. My 9 month wait time just got longer. Ugh.

So much for sneaking in under the 90 day review.

i talked to them yesterday and asked about how it would effect them. she said the ATF would still be staffed with a few agents but was told they would probably be just a few of them there. this is inline with what is stated above.

As much as it sucks, I'm ok with this.

The longer the .gov is shut down the more people will see the #1 thing the .gov doesn't want you to realize; how little you actually need them.

ETA - I'm currently waiting on an SBR Krinkov and a Ops Inc 12th Model.

Last edited:
usa-map-closed-sign-10182526.jpg

Well fuck a duck. I sent in my paperwork back in early January. Got it sent back in June because me and my dealer checked the wrong. Re-submitted it immediately and haven't heard back since. And here I was thinking I could get that and two others I submitted in February by my birthday this week...

+1, ATF sent out a email to all dealers letting them know NICS would be open if the gooberment closed.
-
That good NICS is open & running .
but Man the Gov. shutdown is still killing me . Life is tough enough for me, then Those Fuckers !!! . They shut-off the Live Feed on Panda Cam. at the DC National Zoo .

-
but Man the Gov. shutdown is still killing me . Life is tough enough for me, then Those Fuckers !!! . They shut-off the Live Feed on Panda Cam. at the DC National Zoo .

Sweet mother of god... Now sh*t just got real...

To shut down profitable branches of the Government like the NFA shows how dumb our elected officials are. The first 500+ people to be furloughed with this shut down should have been the US House, Senate, and White House. Resolving this situation should be on their dime and not ours. If they can't make a balanced budget, let alone prevent a government shut down they should all be forced out of office with no option for future reelection. In fact, I think our taxes should be prorated, so we only pay for days that the US Government is actually open.

Keep the political chatter out of here per the site rules..... Let's not get the thread locked down.

-

NO way. I hadn't been watching. The thing that kills me is the mars rover is all on his own. No one is watching him.

damnit, i am so close to getting my stamp for my first Ark30... was hoping this week or the next. ill be in houston this weekend about 10 minutes from Templar Tactical where my can is currently being housed against my will. maybe ill go for a visit and say hi.

Received 2 form 1's yesterday 10/3/13. Both forms were submitted in early Feb.

Any idea when yours went pending? I sent forms to my dealer in March, but didn't go pending until June 27. I'mtrying to figure out whether I'll have them in time for x-mas or not.

My form
1's were mailed in late jan
Went pending in early march
Received last Thursday
A Freind mailed form 4's in March
Pending in July
Was told 9-12 months from pending on the phone 4 weeks ago