• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle.

.sk.

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Ukraine, Georgia, RF.
Gentlemen, I want to show you a 338LM H-S Precision rifle. It tore in half.
there was no excess pressure , a rifle shot to the standard charges within the manual. We believe that the rifle is defective.
We were surprised by the reaction of the company H-S Precision .
They are hideing, keeping silence, do not respond to email and phone calls , they do not want to go on contact with us.

So gentlemen, warranty H-S Precision is cheating and shit, their guns are dangerous, and before buying these rifles think of any harmful consequences.

Gratefully listening to your ideas and suggestions.

Archil Kutsia.

[img:center]http://
4389867.jpg
[/img] [img:center]http://
4389865.jpg
4389863.jpg
[/img]

Re: Great problem with the H-S Precision rifle.

That is a heck of first post; do you have any pictures, specific conditions and load information? I have never had any issues with my HS Precision rifle. Which model did you have? Was it one of their takedown models? With such a catastrophic failure I am surprised you were not seriously injured. They have always answered the phone when I have called and have been very helpful. I am surprised you are unable to contact them.

I suspect that some of the comms issues may be language-barrier related, but I'm just guessing. As for phone comms...I have NEVER had an issue calling and speaking with folks at HS during normal business hours. Call (605) 341-3006 if you are trying to reach them directly in the US. Also, I am assuming you did not buy the rifle directly from HS Precision, but likely through one of its European/Int'l distributors. If that is correct, your first step should be to contact your distributor and see if perhaps they can arrange comms between you and HS directly.

As for posting pictures...they will need to be uploaded to the Internet (photo hosting service like tinypic or similar site, or via your own website), then once you have them uploaded, you will need to put the direct URL link for the photo into your post using the image codes...beging with
. Your pics should appear in your post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can you tell me hoe to post photos? </div></div>

If you dont have a camera
Take some pics with your phone
send them to your email
download them
Upload them to Photobucket, or other image uploading sites.

That sucks, but the vast majority of the time shooting handloads voids the warranty.

Thanks for describing how to upload the photos!

Model HTR2000 338LM 250gr lapua scenar 880m/s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

[img:center]http://
4389867.jpg
4389865.jpg
4389863.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

Holy Dick!... talk about a failure

Factory rounds or reloads.

This is the same set of pictures that were cross posted to a russian forum the other day with a shady first-post cross-link.

Good to see the .ru links removed.

Holy hell that was quite the failure, you have to wonder what was packed in the action to make it do that...

Glad you wernt hurt. I've had a rifle blow up on me due to improperly charged FACTORY rounds, but it wasn't as bad as yours at all. The action stayed intact. Best of luck to you recovering your money or getting a replacement, and I'm glad no one was hurt.

What was the factory ammo? Have you shot any handloads through it?

No. The owner of a rifle isn't engaged handloading, in our country it isn't lawful.
Incident has occurred at competitions.

Holy hell thats bad.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with rifles blowing up, but with those that I've seen, things usually look like they were blown up. That looks like a pretty clean break. I wonder if it might have been caused by something as simple as a bad batch of raw materials at the manufacturing level. It just seems funny that it broke right at the provision for the lug, where it is thinner and it broke clean.

I asked about handloads because in your first photo, there is a box of RCBS reloading dies for the 338 Lapua in the background...

You should really try contacting HS Precision before bashing them on the web. They are a very good company to deal with and easy to get a hold of, I was able to get through from Iraq, I think you could do it from your location just as easy.

I just got off the phone with Donny at HS Precision, He told me that if you would leave your contact information in the post he would call or email you. He also told me that the president of HS Precision, as well as the head of the marketing department are currently in Germany attending the European SHOT show, which he thought kicked off tomorrow. It may be possible for you to make contact with them there. He was not sure where in Germany the show was.

HS Precision has always been very easy for me to deal with, I am sure you will find the same if you just give them a call. 001(605)341-3006 ask for Donny. I couldn't be more pleased with my HTR.

Just curious but how did the the empty casing look? was the primer blown out? I had a friend who used RL-15 instead of RL-22 in a .300 winmag and was well over pressure on his rounds but no issues other than we had to hammer his bolt at the same time hammer a cleaning rod down the barrel. Primer was gone, brass covered the ejector, but everything else was fine. I am glad that no one was injured. HS is a solid company and am sure they will make it right. I would also notify the maker of the Ammunition with the lot number.

You rifle is not in an HS stock, what was the torque setting you used to seat the action? Your action looks more cracked that blown up. When you first described it before posting pictures I expected to see something completely different. What is the line on the side of the action that is the same shape as the break. Is it another crack? It seems odd that your action has broken in two after shooting yet your stock is unscathed.

It seems odd that he has reloading dies in a country where it's supposed to be illegal to reload.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked about handloads because in your first photo, there is a box of RCBS reloading dies for the 338 Lapua in the background... </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. The owner of a rifle isn't engaged handloading, in our country it isn't lawful.</div></div>

jv3nl4.jpg

He also has a Brownells Catalog and Sinclair catalog in the background in the first and second pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ECH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also has a Brownells Catalog and Sinclair catalog in the background in the first and second pictures. </div></div>

Don't forget the foot fungus meds in pic 2!!
sick.gif

There also appears to be part of a Sierra Matchking logo in the first pic as well. In all sincerity, if someone from the motherland sees reloading dies in your first pic and reloading is in fact illegal...you have bigger problems than a broken rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ECH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also has a Brownells Catalog and Sinclair catalog in the background in the first and second pictures. </div></div>

Don't forget the foot fungus meds in pic 2!!
sick.gif

There also appears to be part of a Sierra Matchking logo in the first pic as well. In all sincerity, if someone from the motherland sees reloading dies in your first pic and reloading is in fact illegal...you have bigger problems than a broken rifle. </div></div>

Dude.... I thought that the cream was working, because his nails look clear in the photos. Serioulsy, I thought that I was the only one who noticed the lamasil.

Nice comments))))

Gentlemen, I can repeat.) The owner of a rifle isn't engaged handloading.
In this rifle were used only lapua factory cartridges. Incident has occurred at competitions.
In case of need it is possible to make rifle in examination.

Besides the stock (AICS?)not being an HS, that recoil lug looks thicker than a standard HS, so has that barrel been off/on or does HS use a much thicker lug for a 338Lap?

so we have:
a person claiming rifle "blew up" that lives in russia, where reloading is illegal

yetttt there's american products, english writing, realoading equipment....and an action that would, literally, be the a result of the cleanest explosion in history

que/!?!?

There is also a Badger Ordinance installation template (M5?)as the top page by the RCBS dies and under the Lamisil and the catalog....

Is Larry back playing a joke. Just need a picture of the world famous guide.

Okay here's my CSI moment!
The second mark on the action is in line with the crack. They had the barrel off and didn't use an action wrench. Whatever and however they clamped, and cranked, on the action caused a weak point that failed. If you look in the pic the the .338 Lapua is at about 10:00 instead of 9:00. Just my observations but I missed the Brownells catalog and Lamisil!

Im not a metallurgust but it looks like the grain if the metal around the edges of the broken action in the third pic are all oriented as if it suffered a significant torque force.

Im calling bullshit on this one.
I know AICS makes some fine stocks, but that thing is untouched. The fact that the bolt and lugs are untouched, but the action is split clean? No sir.
And unless you slapped a new base on top of your "compromised" action, i feel it would have gone with everything else. Not even bent or scratched really.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ECH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im not a metallurgust but it looks like the grain if the metal around the edges of the broken action in the third pic are all oriented as if it suffered a significant torque force. </div></div>

That was along the lines of my thought. They cranked on it and sideloaded(correct terminology?) the action when re-installing the barrel. It was clamped tightly at the angle where the marks are and it created a pressure point to stress or weaken the metal.

I have thankfully never seen a rifle blow up either through material failure or too hot a load but I have seen a couple of pistols that have went boom thanks to double charging. The 1 thing you notice is that it looks like there was an explosion, metal is bent or busted and there is a bit of a mess, this looks like the action was being used as a crow bar and it just snapped. I suspect there is something fishy here.

Ok, here is my CSI moment.....16601, the number on the dies "just happens" to be for the 2 die set for a .338 lapua mag. The barreled action is in an AICS stock, the whole thing seems jenky.

Lesson learned, if you're gonna post some less the believable stuff on the web, don't do it here.

Nice picture on the wall of palm trees swaying in a morning sunrise. Thought it was odd too that the leather bound notebook that the rifle was laying on actually say's "Note Book" in english and not russian. Whole lotta english written/spelled out in those couple of photos?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .sk.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice comments))))

Gentlemen, I can repeat.) The owner of a rifle isn't engaged handloading.
In this rifle were used only lapua factory cartridges. Incident has occurred at competitions.
In case of need it is possible to make rifle in examination.
</div></div>

You broke the action with torque it would appear, either trying to remove the barrel or giving out pole dancing lessons.

Has anyone inverted the pic and called the phone number with the American exchange?!?

Just sayin....

Notice all the email addresses written down in perfect english?

lol hes got some Lamisil there as well for his athletes foot, looks like the stuff we get here in the UK

Gentleman, don’t be surprised we live and work in several countries.
Maybe I am not quite good in English)))
In this rifle were used only lapua factory cartridges. This rifle barrel has never been changed and nobody tried to change it .
Photos are taken indoors in the workshop of gunsmith.
They have a special permit for reloading several calibers. Damage to the rifle occurred in the pairs sniper competitions of security agencies in the presence of large number of people.
The owner fought for prizes. After a shot the owner of the rifle holding boltknob took the piece of receiver, together with the scope, in front of a large number of spectators and participants.
All the competitors shot with lapua factory cartridges from sponsors. Nobody has problems. From this rifle was shot less then 1000 rounds.
There was no overpressure. That can be seen on the photo of boltface.
This is a defect of metal, which can also be seen in the photos of the break of the metal.

After the publication of this topic, representatives of HS Precision, Mr. Sartorius finally contacted us. They claim that they did not know anything about our problem. All contact I handed to the owner of the rifle. We'll wait.)))
[img:left]http://
P1010522.jpg
[/img]