• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gun Curing Oven

Re: Gun Curing Oven

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a gym locker? </div></div>\

No silly, it's an oven.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes it was a gym locker. I still use the kitchen oven for smaller parts but this works great for barreled actions & such.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a gym locker? </div></div>\

No silly, it's an oven.

</div></div>

Oh! My bad I thought I saw some old gym shorts hangin off the bottom shelf.
smile.gif

I had been looking to build a paint curing oven and needed a cabinet to house it. I had been watching some online restaurant auctions. One auction had some proofing cabinets up for sell one of which I got for $22. The proofing cabinet is morphing into a gun curing oven. I have the mineral wool board to supplement the proofer's insulation and have sheet metal for the inside.

The interior volume will be about 20" x 20" x 50" with a digital temp controller from a smoker I built a while back. When done I will post pictures.

I saw this thread a while back and did the same thing with an old oilfield electical box that was getting thrown away. I had to plug up a few holes but it works great with an old oven element.

Thanks for the info on the build..

Also, How do you like your Grizzly? I have had mine about a year and a half now with no problems other than the light bulb burned out and I am having hell finding one at the hardware stores...gonna have to call Grizzly I guess and get another coming on the slow boat from China..... LOL

Thanks again for the thread and part list.

The Grizzly's fine. Rifles coming off of it are routinely shooting in the low .2's to .0's. Cant complain about that
grin.gif

Im building a oven and do you need a fan or will it work without it?

well finally found a gym locker now need to get the insulation ordered and start the build.