• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmoke Gun Shop Robbed - American Guns Show

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Gunsmoke, a gun shop in Wheat Ridge featured on the reality television series "American Guns" was burglarized Wednesday morning.Wheat Ridge police are still processing the scene, said Joe Cassa, department spokesman."Guns were taken, but we don't know how many or descriptions," he said.A silent alarm was tripped at about 4:12 a.m., police said.It appears the shop was broken into through a hole found in the roof of the building, police said.A witness told police they saw a silver two-door car leaving the gun shop parking lot eastbound on West 44th Avenue. No other description was given, police said.Police have no suspects or suspect descriptions.It is believed more than one person was involved in the burglary, police said.Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives are assisting with this investigation, police said.Owners of the shop could not be reached for comment.

Read more:Gunsmoke gun shop in Wheat Ridge robbed - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...oke-gun-shop-wheat-ridge-robbed#ixzz2M8Kl45jB
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter|Denverpost on Facebook

7 Hi-Point carbine were stolen. Gunsmoke asking price for these seven guns was $162,900.

7 Hi-Point carbine were stolen. Gunsmoke asking price for these seven guns was $162,900.

Hahahaahaha. Fantastic. I knew someone was going to nail Gunsmoke as soon as I read the title. Well-played, sir. Well-played.

I hope they will have some result in retreiving the firearms and conviction of those involved. Some years ago, when I had a gun store; it was broken into once and approx. 8 long guns were stolen and I have never heard a word from the local police department or any NCIC checks. A friend who was a distributor for Winchester,
    Colt, Kreighoff and large inventory of reloading componets were broken into through a block wall and lost 90 long guns and the only firearm recovered was a Crown Grade Kreighoff that had the barrels and stock cut.

Hopefully the giraffe's are ok:eek:
    images

:rolleyes::confused::eek:

Does the daughter need any help ? In any way ? Shoulder to cry on anything ? Then again she is a ditz and her dad is a total homo. I will stick with what I have.

My son and I stopped in that place a year ago on our way back from skiing, what a joke! We couldn't believe this place was so small and old. Lot of old overpriced guns inside. The only thing that caught my interest was a Barrett m 107. What a disappointment..

The shop is a joke here in CO. They're always on our local trouble shooter show tring to explain hwo they fucked over yet another customer. They are the only shop I know of thta make syou pay for the gun BEFORE you do the 4473 form for whatever reason and then if you fail the 4473, they keep your money.

The shop is a joke here in CO. They're always on our local trouble shooter show tring to explain hwo they fucked over yet another customer. They are the only shop I know of thta make syou pay for the gun BEFORE you do the 4473 form for whatever reason and then if you fail the 4473, they keep your money.

Seriously? That's legal?

Seriously? That's legal?

The owner personifies "Piece of shit."
    Like HB said, his M.O. was to keep your money then sell the gun as used at a very high commission. Has been on the news more than a few times.

He would make a regular practice of 'forgetting' to sign employee's checks, or not issuing them on payday.

WOW! Thats good to know. We are heading back to Colorado the end of March to Ski we are always looking for gunshops to stop in and check out. I wont be stopping at Gunsmoke again. Does anyone have any suggestions for gun stores in or around the Denver, Silverthorn Area..... Thanks

No matter how you feel about the shop or it's patrons or owners, the fact that the shop had the proper security to require them to enter from the roof and then even a silent alarm to stop the thieves from taking anything else is a praise to the gun business. In any case, the scum bag losers who perpetrated this crime should be caught and hung by thier toe nails until they fall into a tank full of hungry sharks. We have no need for criminals like this on our planet, we also don't need yet another reason for the government to get involved with our gun sales any more than they already are. Trust me, people who steal guns are about as selfish as they come. Not thinking of the big picture at all...

I feel bad for any gun shop who get's taken. It creates a mess of labor and paperwork for mostly small business owners. Since that what 99.9 percent of who us gun shop owners are.

Edward Arms Company

Last edited:
    This is what I can't get over. I have worked in, not owned, a few gun stores from time to time on the side. After the first break in at one store, we would never leave any guns on the floor after closing. They all went into safes and were secured. If you take the time to invest in a product, why not take precautions and protect them? I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone who may own or work for a gun shop, but in this day in time, people are crazy and will steal your stuff just for poops and laughs.

This just in: red jacket now the only possessor of game changers in the industry

I've been in the shop there before, but haven't bought a gun from them. Rich seemed like a really nice guy, and BS'd with me for a while when I was there (a friend who was with me was looking for something). I'd never heard these complaints about his shop until now. His show is a little bit corn-ball, but I didn't get a bad impression of anyone there when I visited the place.

Coloradocop--Ask Rich if he ever bothered to pay back his original investors, ie. the Denver Police Department, and the Aurora Police Department.

A buddy of mine lent him money to get the business started some (probably) 20 years ago, and went to his grave without getting paid back.

Rich robbed his own guys to start that asscrack of a company.

He wasn't making that stack of cash from Discovery anymore so he got some hoodlums to toss his place and will collect on the insurance. What a douche!

I will take Paige as compensation for his cowardly acts.

He damn sure better have his paperwork in order, thats what happened to Luther @ Minnow Bucket,guns stolen,ATF investigates and goes over all of your business. Anything wrong you get the shaft,not the crooks

Does anyone have any suggestions for gun stores in or around the Denver, Silverthorn Area..... Thanks

Do yourself a favor and take a slight detour north up I-25 and visit Mile High Shooting Accessories. Those guys are top-notch and their inventory will make you drool. I have to leave my CC at home whenever I visit or I'd be broke!

It escapes me how a store owner that commutes around in a Bell Jet Ranger,can't afford a proper vault and top end security system. If it was my investigation,I'd be looking at it as an inside job.

On the NOON News they showed the IRS out there with warrants loading up.
    You can bet there was every other agency also. Probably inspected the drains. Regards, FM

I saw an episode where they sold a "custom" job, a R handed bolt action Mossiberg .223 w low end luppy scope to a gator hunter for 8k. When he went to fire it, he's a lefty. Of course the owner never asked the guy a single question about his needs bc the owner is a professional gator hunter himself . Tons of gators in the Midwest.