• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Hand Forged Swedish Axe Order Thread

Tru oil and mineral spirits 2/1 will do that in 7 days.

Meh, patience and work is your friend.

Truoil is good but nothing can take a refinish like hotting it again with oil.

The natural oils patina way nicer.

Side note.

The paint the Swedes applied is not helpful. The oils are more a surface treatment than a wood infuser like they should be.

I want that Swede paint though, it makes the ax.

You can touch up with tru oil easy peezy. The thinned mix soaks in really well. As it drys and you add more coats it builds into a nice, tough finish.

if you want, take the Swede paint off and put the oil on, then you could put the paint back on the head to protect the steel. It is an oil based paint I am pretty sure.

You can touch up with tru oil easy peezy. The thinned mix soaks in really well. As it drys and you add more coats it builds into a nice, tough finish.

Dude you fail to see the real me.....have you seen my "I think I need a camera thread"? For fuck sake dont look at my LRI rifle build thread your head will explode.

If someone tells me something that is absolutely common sense and practical I have a gene that makes me do the opposite.

Im the type of idiot that would get custom scales made for a cheap knife.

if you want, take the Swede paint off and put the oil on, then you could put the paint back on the head to protect the steel. It is an oil based paint I am pretty sure.

But than it wont have that DNA Sven Svenson left on it back in the 40s..........

My Hults Bruk is my clear handle ax......this is my special forces recon ax.

This will be my once a year camp in the woods with every possible convenience ax.

@Bigfatcock

Tung oil top, Linseed oil Bottom.....

image.jpg

image.jpg

@pmclaine, where did you get those stocks?

The Tung oil one is a Remington stock on one of the Chuck MaWhinney over run .308 M40

The Linseed oil is a Kyle Taylor that Raven Rifles built to be a .223 M40. Kyle has been on a milk carton as of late, hope he s well.

There is a seller on eBay......this guy....

He puts out a very nice copy of a USMC stock every couple weeks.

I have two of his stocks at LRI......

Bought the second one as I wanted the M40 profile. Gonna be a bad mofo as a DBM M40.

The Tung oil one is a Remington stock on one of the Chuck MaWhinney over run .308 M40

The Linseed oil is a Kyle Taylor that Raven Rifles built to be a .223 M40. Kyle has been on a milk carton as of late, hope he s well.

There is a seller on eBay......this guy....

He puts out a very nice copy of a USMC stock every couple weeks.

I have two of his stocks at LRI......

Bought the second one as I wanted the M40 profile. Gonna be a bad mofo as a DBM M40.
I bought one of those M40 run over rifles from you back in 2014 I believe, how many of those over runs did Remington Custom Gun Shop make?

I bought one of those M40 run over rifles from you back in 2014 I believe, how many of those over runs did Remington Custom Gun Shop make?

Marty at Badger Ordinance was the generous one that made those rifles available.

Remington had made twenty extra rifles during production.

I think the total MaWhinney run was 103 numbered rifles and the twenty extras in case something happened to one of the 103.

Reactions: Ison
Marty at Badger Ordinance was the generous one that made those rifles available.

Remington had made twenty extra rifles during production.

I think the total MaWhinney run was 103 numbered rifles and the twenty extras in case something happened to one of the 103.
That’s right, now I remember.... Twenty does sounds familiar. Marty told me at the time but I forgot.

Reactions: pmclaine
In for 2 if available again. Should have gotten in on the first batch.

Hi all,

I have been really busy and my source in Sweden doesn't seem to have many more. The ones he does have are very good, but not quite as good as the very best ones he used to have.

I could probably do another order, but let me see what exactly he has before I make any promises.

I am VERY busy right now, so no promises, but I'll check into it as I have time.

Let it be clear, I was just asking. The OP has not addressed this thread for some time. My guess is that he doesn't have anything to offer for sale.

Let it be clear, I was just asking. The OP has not addressed this thread for some time. My guess is that he doesn't have anything to offer for sale.
Two posts above yours.

Also @MK20 we can wait. We're gun people. That's what we do. Some might complain but we can all wait.

Last edited:
No worries MK20. Thanks for checking. Whatever is good.

Agree completely. I would be in for one, have been kicking myself for watching it go by last time.

Reactions: Anb618
I had asked for one back on page 1 but never heard back. Would still be up for one if you do another order.
Thanks!

In…. Still looking for a smaller head with extended lug like the one I picked in the first round, but never had a chance to go for…. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

LOL
b53bb467-dcfb-4668-bef1-a1a5a60a8101-jpeg.7469393

Also, I know a place where I can get more heads and axes but exactly what type I get is dependant on what they have at the time I can make it over there. I can also get old logging tools of all types.

If I get more axes I will post a notice in the thread and will list them separately with a price on them and the first "I'll take it" gets the axe, just like normal PX rules.

Based on interest expressed here already I will get as many as I can cause you guys seem to like them :)

Just be aware, prices will be higher due to inflation, difficulty of getting the tools now, and shipping costs which have gone up a lot.

It will take a couple months at least for me to get anything from either of my suppliers.

I haven't forgot you guys.