• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Help me pick a new shotgun.

I have a Beretta pintail that I bought years ago.
Light, fast handling, inertia driven.
It's a good gun. Nothing fancy. It thumps the fuck out of you shooting waterfowl loads.

Price range is now 13-1500 every gun Iv been recommended has negative reviews. Shits killing me. Money basically isn’t an issue. Not going past $1500 was checking out franchi elite but good lord the issues with those if read about as well scares me. Idk what to do. Gun will mainly be used for turkey and one pheasant hunt a year and would like to help thin the goose population. Is this the best option? You guys seem to love the 300. Just making sure I don’t overlook something. Everything from SBE 2, A5, a300, etc has nightmare fuel. The a400 seems to be a beast just a tad past what I want to spend.
I’ve run thousands of rounds through my franchi 3.5 elite waterfowl and never had an issue. not a single malfunction. Don’t overthink it.

Beretta
benelli
franchi
browning

pick your poison

I’ve run thousands of rounds through my franchi 3.5 elite waterfowl and never had an issue. not a single malfunction. Don’t overthink it.

Beretta
benelli
franchi
browning

pick your poison
Light target 2 3/4 as well? Trying to justify the 3.5” chamber. Tore my right pec real bad back in 2013 and I do not enjoy shooting 3.5”s lol. But wouldn’t mind having the option either. As of now I was thinking the 3” with 26” barrel.

I’ve heard plenty of Timmies claim the M4 shoot so much softer because of their beloved Argo system. (And then I ask, you sure it’s not just because it’s two fucking pounds heavier?” 😁 )
We talking about the guys that wear NODS all day?

Light target 2 3/4 as well? Trying to justify the 3.5” chamber. Tore my right pec real bad back in 2013 and I do not enjoy shooting 3.5”s lol. But wouldn’t mind having the option either. As of now I was thinking the 3” with 26” barrel.
Yes. The majority target 2 3/4” loads.

I’d also go 28 inch barrel. Does everything well. Just my opinion.

you’ll never be undergunned with a 3 inch chamber so no issues there.

I have a Beretta pintail that I bought years ago.
Light, fast handling, inertia driven.
It's a good gun. Nothing fancy. It thumps the fuck out of you shooting waterfowl loads.
I have a 1201fp (also inertia driven), you know you're shooting buckshot with that gun.

Mike

I have a 1201fp (also inertia driven), you know you're shooting buckshot with that gun.

Mike
The pintail was the sporting version of the 1201.
I wanted the 1201 and couldn't find one anywhere. They showed up all over the place about 2 weeks after I bought the pintail