• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Help me with some votes here -- Trying get us voted the Snobbiest Town!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Hi folks:

Looking for some help with a tongue-in-cheek survey. My hometown is in the running for the snobbiest town in Vermont... and we can't let Woodstock beat us. I mean, they are quite snobby. They do have buried power lines, some Rockefellers, a Saab dealer and all. But we have a brand name town logo, designer covered bridges, a recycled-asphalt free-range main street (with Martha Stewart street-lamps) and much trendier organic food cooperatives. Not to mention Brad Pitt stayed here once. I mean, it's not like he stayed in Woodstock or anything. And I understand he is quite snobby.

Please help me load the ballot box and get Stowe voted the top snobs in Vermont by going to:

NoseUp Vermont

Please vote for Stowe in the Mountain Division! The Shelburne/Middlebury race... meh. They don't stand a chance in the finals. All they have is an over-rated college and a beached steamboat.

I will graciously raise my chin in mock-snobbery to everyone who votes for us and I will try and get everyone an invite to the annual Blivetsphincter family cotillion and lobster bake if we win. I am sure some fellow Green Mtn Boys on the 'Hide can attest to Stowe's expertise at looking disdainfully down its noses at the plebian masses who aspire to be served at our exclusive boo-tiques... help us make it official! It will probably help your credit rating.

Cheers and thanks!

Sirhr, The Third Earl of Snobifery (twice removed)

Good sir,

I will endeavor to aide your endeavor. However I could not possibly, in good taste or clear conscious, possibly cast a ballot in support if your cause without knowing for certain if your pinky is extended proudly or merely lays slackly whilst receiving high tea. This action, and your acting of it, will surely allow us to judge your level of pretentiousness and hauteur.

Your immediate response is required

--- RRFlyer Thurston Howell III

Flyer... clearly you do not understand the etiquette properly, as you did not reference the type of tea. For example, if drinking a common Earl Gray, it is critical that the pinky only be extended at a 45 degree angle (downwards if you are in the Eastern Hemisphere, upwards if within 500 miles of Greenwich, horizontal everywhere else.) Now if you were drinking a properly steeped Himalayan beaver tea, the pinky must be pointed out at full extension, except during leap years.

You also forgot to mention that the vessel from which you are supping matters to an extreme degree, for if you are merely quaffing your tea in a small dram-cup you will be exercising your prehensile fifth digit quite differently from those who are guzzling from a firkin. And don't get me started on Cheshire pottery versus Royal Doulton or we'll be here all day.

By the way, the proper way to dunk a donut in your tea... is no deeper than the knuckles. I learned that at deer camp.

In Snobbishness... Sirhr

By Jove you'be convinced me sir. My vote is cast for your village and with much vigor. May your nose always be held high enough to not notice the little people and may the backs of the Neanderthals from Woodstock cushion your every step.

As you dunk your donuts knuckle deep in tea, I will be in my pickup with my rifles eating my doughnuts and drinkin Dr.Pepper. I voted for stowe. Good luck to the snoobyish.

I expect with this level of outright pompousness that a very hefty, and respectful, bribe would be in order.

Does your town offer a Hide discount? At the very least you should bring up this topic to your City Council when you request(because we told you to) to make a 1000 yard plus rifle range.

I voted, and Stowe is in the lead at 50.12%, Woodstock is at 49.98%

Wait a second. Why are the poll numbers rising and falling?

Just like Chicago politics.....Vote early, and vote often. I just voted again, and Stowe now has a slim lead. I really hope the Hide helps you win. Go Stowe!

Saab dealer???

They no longer even make Saab's.

I know! That makes them extra snobby! They have to keep a SAAB dealer around or the entire Zeitgeist of the community will just implode like a Jengo Reinhardt LP covered in wilted arugula.

Thanks for all the votes folks... I think it's the 'Hide that's making the difference. We're hanging on by our manicured nails.

Cheers and in greatest Snoberification,

Sirhr

PS... If Stowe wins, we'll arrange a 'Hide Discount at the Trapp Family Lodge. Where they have Lederhosen-optional hot tubs!

Flyer... clearly you do not understand the etiquette properly, as you did not reference the type of tea. For example, if drinking a common Earl Gray, it is critical that the pinky only be extended at a 45 degree angle (downwards if you are in the Eastern Hemisphere, upwards if within 500 miles of Greenwich, horizontal everywhere else.) Now if you were drinking a properly steeped Himalayan beaver tea, the pinky must be pointed out at full extension, except during leap years.

You also forgot to mention that the vessel from which you are supping matters to an extreme degree, for if you are merely quaffing your tea in a small dram-cup you will be exercising your prehensile fifth digit quite differently from those who are guzzling from a firkin. And don't get me started on Cheshire pottery versus Royal Doulton or we'll be here all day.

By the way, the proper way to dunk a donut in your tea... is no deeper than the knuckles. I learned that at deer camp.

In Snobbishness... Sirhr

I can't in good faith vote for you. Your profile:Interests:
Antique cars and motorcycles. Shooting. Bird hunting. Long-distance MC trips. Learning

Doesn't look too snobbish. In fact it appears the opposite. In addition your picture of what appears to be a wolf among a flock of sheep is for certain UN-snobbish.

If you change your picture for a period of 30 days to something snobbish. I'll accept that as doing your part for my vote.

I can't in good faith vote for you. Your profile:Interests:
Antique cars and motorcycles. Shooting. Bird hunting. Long-distance MC trips. Learning

Doesn't look too snobbish. In fact it appears the opposite. In addition your picture of what appears to be a wolf among a flock of sheep is for certain UN-snobbish.

If you change your picture for a period of 30 days to something snobbish. I'll accept that as doing your part for my vote.

Phil: Touche! Of course, that is the kind of challenge I can't resist.

So I'll make this offer: If Stowe wins Most Snobbish Town, I will replace my profile picture for not one, but TWO months with this:

profile_zpsd25e36f7.jpg

And as a bonus, I will change my interests for the same timeperiod to:

Dressage and polo; Skiing in Gstaad; the Sundance Film Festival; my leased Rolex Daytona 18K Leopard dial cosmograph; and enjoying a steaming cup of Kopi Luwak with my morning organic freerange poached eggs and goatmilk crumpets.

Deal???

Cheers and in supreme Snobification,

Sirhr

Voted for Stowe.

I had a good weekend there a few years ago. Just at the beginning of the apple harvest.

Still neck-in-neck. I think Woodstock has brought in some vegan hippy pinko organic hemp-addled computer ringers to get their vote count up. We don't want to be beaten by some Woodstock rejects, do we? Vote early and often for Stowe as the Snob Capital of the East...

Vote for Stowe at: NoseUp Vermont

Did you know that we have Polo fields?

Cheers and in oligarchical snobifery,

Sirhr

Still neck-in-neck. I think Woodstock has brought in some vegan hippy pinko organic hemp-addled computer ringers to get their vote count up. We don't want to be beaten by some Woodstock rejects, do we? Vote early and often for Stowe as the Snob Capital of the East...

Vote for Stowe at: NoseUp Vermont

Did you know that we have Polo fields?

Cheers and in oligarchical snobifery,

Sirhr

The gap is in your blue blooded favor...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370658534.700592.jpg

Stowe pulls it out at the last minute almost certainly due to 'Hide votes... to take on Middlebury in the finals! It will be an epic battle of Snobby McMansion-dwelling transplants versus snobby Middlebury Sanskrit and Aztec Fiber Arts students (with Aston Martins.)

Bring it on! The 'Hide will rule!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Flyer... clearly you do not understand the etiquette properly, as you did not reference the type of tea. For example, if drinking a common Earl Gray, it is critical that the pinky only be extended at a 45 degree angle (downwards if you are in the Eastern Hemisphere, upwards if within 500 miles of Greenwich, horizontal everywhere else.) Now if you were drinking a properly steeped Himalayan beaver tea,

In Snobbishness... Sirhr

I ain't never drank no Himalayan Beaver tea. Taste like fish?

ps I voted fer yer snobby town, my brother.