• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help, Mossberg 930 almost killed me

bloodfarts

Private
Minuteman
In a tactical situation, my Mossberg 930 just went click instead of bang.

Gun has been returned to Mossberg three times now. Mossberg just sent me a new 930. When I pulled the bolt back to verify gun was unloaded, gun locked up. Bolt is now all jammed up, and wont release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hABvlQXyN0

Mailed back to Mossberg and everyone I talk to sounds high on drugs.
Steve Clark 203-230-5328( mossberg CFO) doesnt return calls.

When I talk to Javier Contreras 800-363-3555( service) he just lies. ( I asked who his boss was, he had the BALLS to give me the name of someone ranked below Javier. When I contacted Javier and told him I just figured out he shafted me, Javier just laughed and said, " you got me".

I bet a dollar NO ONE at the Mossberg/ Maverick service center can pass a drug test.

What should I do????

Re: Help, Mossberg 930 almost killed me

First, Glad you came through it OK.

Second, I would get my $ back and buy an 870 or a Moss 500 series.

Again, sorry for your troubles, but I just leave and take my money when folks lie.

BMT

Sorry about the problems. The only mossy I would own would be a 590A1. I have had no troubles what so ever with my pardner protector (heavier version of the 870 for less money). My old 870 express was a police trade in and it had feed problems on occasion but like I said this Pardner I have now is a beast.

Good luck and if I was you I'd go to a pump or a Saiga.

Good luck,
Merritt

thanks for the support.
Im going to take everyones advice and ask for a 590.
So far, everyone at Mossberg appears to be drinking at work.
I have an old drunk uncle looking for work, wonder if.....

So many problems with them I would think an incident report may go a long way to get them corrected, or different shotgun for you.

I have one of the newer model 930SPX with about 500 rounds thru it with out a FTF/FTE righ out of the box (high brass,low brass anything I have fed it). That sucks that you are having problems they should make it right.

Dustin

i have a 930 spx and have had it over a year. the only issues i have had were because of the sidesaddle i put on, which was resolved by mesa tac. i have put aprox 1500 rounds thru it and love it. i know 3 others with them and all are runing great. it sucks you got shafted, and cs was beyond bad.

you didnt throw the gun at whoever/whatever in your tactical situation did you? I hear it never works....
anyway did you try removing the trigger assembly and inspecting it for and burrs? it could very well be just a minor thing that all you have to do is a little filing....nevertheless mossberg should make it right....just a thought though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hesco2/3Golf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you didnt throw the gun at whoever/whatever in your tactical situation did you? I hear it never works....
anyway did you try removing the trigger assembly and inspecting it for and burrs? it could very well be just a minor thing that all you have to do is a little filing....nevertheless mossberg should make it right....just a thought though</div></div>

At last we know why they insist on adding bizarre sharp pointy things to the muzzle...

...."sharp pointy things"....funny.

I use an 870 for work. We beat the shit out of em. Never had one fail. Demand your money back.