• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

help with my dpms 260

Cnewhouse48

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2013
St.hedwig tx
Okay guys ive had the gun for over a year dpms lr 260 cmc trigger and vortex viper 6.5-20x50 ive been doing load development with 130 bergers and h4350 I have shot a few decent 3 shot groups but none of them were very fast around 2600 fps im trying to develop a long range load. Ive tried everything on the 260 load forum that I can right now. I have shot the gun out to 1075yrds with factory ammo. Right now my groups will have 2shots touching and a flyer every time. I think some if its me bit I feel really steady when Im shooting.thanks guys any help would be great

I have a 1-8 twist on my 260 gas gun, I use 4831sc 46.0 loading with 140 Berger hybrids, I also trim the outside of the necks and clean up the primer pockets and the flash hole, this was all old factory Remington brass that I was using in my 260 bolt gun which I have changed out to Lapua. Remember it's not a blue printed bolt gun! I get 1/2 inch with the above load.

Does the flyer happen on empty mag? Mine's DMPS 308, but I had to go to heavy buffer and heavier spring and I still get periodic flyers on empty mag.
Check your brass for unusual marks. BCG may need some work or adjustable gas block.

Does the gun have a muzzle device mounted? If so look for evidence of bullet strike. Take it off and closely examine the crown. Make sure nothing mounted to the hand guard has hardware any closer to the barrel than 1/8". Check gas block clearance to. Make sure the scope mount is tight along with the ring clamp screws. Try another scope if all of the above doesn't work.

I get over 2800fps with H4350 from Lapua brass with the 130gr VLD from a 22" gas gun built by GAP. Great load, but I had my throat cut for secant ogive pills loaded at mag length. I get bug holes with the rifle no matter what I really do to it.

Run an OCW series with it from a solid rest and find your optimal barrel time. You probably have some jump with a factory chamber, so it may be more jump sensitive as a production gun. I personally will never buy a production gun again for a gasser, and all will have barrels cut to my specs by someone who knows what they are doing if we're chasing accuracy.

Thanks guys for all the help will be adding a magpul prs and a new buffer assyimbly soon. As well as continue load work ups.