• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Here is my field gear. Looking for Opinions.

I was going to put my name in the ring but as soon as I heard there were no repercussions (ditches) for being stupid, I decided it might not be for me. I'll still give a 5 star rating on yelp, but I don't know if I'll leave a written review. If you decide to let us hunt the ones who fuck up, then I'll reconsider my decision. :)

You in Utah?

Need a job?

• Sad
Reactions: M8541Reaper
You in Utah?

Need a job?

I do but I'm down in southern AZ for the rest of the year then moving OCONUS for a few.
I'm in that limbo of wanting a job but also not wanting to give up doing nothing but shooting, working out, hiking in the mountains, and grilling.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Diver160651

That uniform was so fucking horrible. I'm glad I never had to wear it.

The only way to get it to even remotely blend in with the desert was to let it fade to the eventual grey that it would become, get it wet, cover it in sand and let it dry that way. And then never wash it.

Woodland camo blended better than that shit.

If it works for you, that is all that counts.

In combat, we used an even simpler set of gear.

That uniform was so fucking horrible. I'm glad I never had to wear it.

The only way to get it to even remotely blend in with the desert was to let it fade to the eventual grey that it would become, get it wet, cover it in sand and let it dry that way. And then never wash it.

Woodland camo blended better than that shit.
I had to wear that horrible uniform. So much potential wasted.
It could have been almost Rhodesian camo cool with the right colors. Oh wait... that was already done. Never mind.

I'd like to start by thanking you for sharing your Ghost Recon loadout. And since you asked for an equipment critique, I'll start by going through your list as you posted it.

What do you plan to use this for? Is this what you're going to come running out of the house wearing when your friends want to go hunting? When something weird is going on outside? Heading off to a match with the old ghille in tow, just incase? As stated before, the mission dictates the gear. You have a set amount of gear you'd almost always bring along (most of which I dont even see in your list) and you scale the rest of the gear/equipment as needed. Otherwise you're just dragging around 10x the shit you need and you end up flailing around in the heat after an hour or realize you left something you would actually need, back at home.

quote"Here is my field gear, looking for opinions on what people think, and what they would change or add.

Condor MOPC - Borderline airsoft Made in China shit. What plates do you have in this and what are they rated for? How much does all of this shit weigh? Have you actually layed down prone with a carrier on and shot/shouldered your rifle? Why are you wearing a carrier any only bringing a bolt gun; if you anticipate contact to needing armor to weigh you down on your 'mission' where is your carbine and ammunition? Did you plan on fighting the threat with a fucking bolt action and 10 rounds of ammo? What happens when you and the rest of your Ghost Recon squad bump contact and need to F/M and break contact? Bolt gun? lol The thought process here makes zero sense; you're either bringing shit along you don't need, or you're totally fucking yourself and showing up to a gunfight with a bolt gun. I can't figure out which.

• 2x SA AICS Mag Pouches - Can't see where they are; they should be eiter on the ruck you always have with you or on a modular belt at around 8 o clock so they can be accessed when prone or seated. Please don't tell me they are Emerson or Condor as well.
• LRF/Wind Meter Pouch - More gear for the ruck. Stop wearing essential shit you can crush and make useless on your body where you'll end up laying ontop of it anyways.
• Radio Pouch - Without a radio this is useless. Look at the Baofengs (cheap and they just work), Yaesu (nicer but more expensive) or the Kenwoods (more expensive but much nicer) to get on GMRS/MURS. I could go on for a page about how to set these up as well as to have a antennae whip stowed on your ruck that you can plug into the radio when you are static and need to extend range. Plus, who are you talking to on the radio? Solid Snake?
• Rip-Away EMT Pouch - What's in it, and what training do you have with the contents? How many TQs?
• KA-BAR Becker BK9 - Goes in a 72 hour pack, MAYBE. Even then, probably not.
• Cold Steel OSS Knife - 2 knives; seriously? Get a fucking decent folder like the smaller CRKT and be done with knives. Holy shit.
• 1Lt Hydration Pouch - 1 liter? One fucking liter? ONE? With that ghille and carrier on, you'll sweat that much before you manage to leave the fucking house. Hydro goes in the ruck, absolute minimum 1 gal per day; more if you mission parameters dictate alot of movement across terrain and/or lack of resupply as well as uncertain natural sources along your route. I'd love to take you out in some of the shit I end up doing in a day and give you only 1 liter of fucking water.
• 7 Round Bullet Wallet (Stores 7 homeloads at maximum seating depth that will not mag feed, mainly used when requiring greater accuracy with a long range shot) - This is beyond fucking retarded.

- Gun/optic is on you. Not what I'd use, but run what you have. It's not the limiting factor unless the 'mission' makes it so.

SC Ghillie Cobra Suit - You don't need it. And if you do, you need to stow it on the bottom of your ruck in a stuff sack. They are primarily used to stalk, move from the cache to the FFP and conceal at the FFP. With that said, they are rarely used anymore. With improved calibers, bullets and ballistics as well as realizing that you can get within 500m of any target using the terrain alone, the weight, smell and the fact it is hot as fuck, will give you heat stroke and then catch on fucking fire will make you leave it at home. Additionally, yours is entirely too full with whatever the fuck is in it. Look at the picture of you with the natural veg/trees behind you; you match the ground, yet look like a lump in a ghille suit yet you contrast the natural veg so much you may as well be wearing fucking orange.

SC Ghillie Rifle Wrap - Want to know what the intent of rifle wrap is? Other than making your rifle hang up on fucking everything and then getting in the way of shit when you need to use it, its designed to conceal the weapon by reducing the glare/angled light hitting the rifle as well as obscuring any unnatural shape/lines. You know, the exact opposite of that gigantic fucking black round circle that the wrap is making around your dark ass scope objective. Cool points +6. -10 fail points.

Emerson Gear G3 Shirt, Pants and Boonie Hat - This is pure, unadulterated fobbit fucking airsoft shit. I almost didn't even respond to your post when I saw you had this. I can't take anyone wearing Emerson gear seriously.

Blackhawk Fingerless Gloves - LOL

Response Gear Combat Boots (Amazing Boots, 7 Years old but about 1 year of hard use in rice fields, deep mud and swamps. Still going strong) "quote

So there's whats up with your gear as it stands right now. You have way too much shit you don't need, bought too much cheap shit that won't hold up or work as intended and don't have almost anything as far as baseline equipment you SHOULD have. If you seriously want to learn how to not look like a dildo and won't get your feels hurt, I'll post again about options/how you should/could set up depending on what your 'mission' and end goals are.

Sorry if im hijacking this thread a bit, but I wouldn't mind some advice from TheGerman on how to put together a field kit without looking like a dildo. As far as mission, lets just call it something basic like "sniper in the field for a single day".

Based on your critique of the "Ghost Recon" kit above, what would be the correct gear to have?

Sorry if im hijacking this thread a bit, but I wouldn't mind some advice from TheGerman on how to put together a field kit without looking like a dildo. As far as mission, lets just call it something basic like "sniper in the field for a single day".

Based on your critique of the "Ghost Recon" kit above, what would be the correct gear to have?

Aww shit! He is just going to recommend all Condor and pairing it up with rifles from Olympic firearms.

He'll tell you that cook should procure a bespoke picnic service of china and silver in fine wicker baskets for 12, with champagne buckets.

Reactions: MarinePMI
@WestDesertPRS

Unsure if you are trying to draw @TheGerman into some sort of trap but I am assuming your question to be serious.

If TheGerman gives you suggestions on gear rest assured it is going to be the best out there, he probably has used it so the info is valid, your wallet will quickly drain because being poor does not factor in his life.

The real answer to your question is wear whats functional for what you are doing. Reality is you are just out there shooting and its not like you are stalking and concerned with someone firing back.

I dont think many people here "play" sniper for the day nor should they. Its about going out and trying to improve skills with your rifle.

That said often times the functional gear is military in nature and you end up looking kind of operator.

I think TheGerman actually wanted to help the OP out some but the guy ended up tucking tail too fast. It was going to be painful for him to learn some of his stuff gave him the look of being cool but in the real world it would fail.

The question shouldnt be "Hey guys what should I get to be snipery looking".

Its not about a look its about "what are you trying to achieve".

So the right question is

"Hey guys my rifle is shooting great. Ive got it dialed in so I am a consistent 1 MOA minus shooter with groups pretty often in the .5 range, shit I even shocked myself once or twice by having all the planets align and I shot a .25 the other day. Anyway my question concerns concealment. I had a nice coyote lined up last week but before I could break the shot he made me and bolted the valley. I wasnt going to chance wounding him so he got away. What kind of ghillie or concealment do you think might help me out in an arid mostly sand and sage environment? Also carrying my ammo and mags in my cargo pockets sucks and is noisy, Is there a chest rig or something that would help me organize that? Who makes good gear? How do you carry your stuff in the field actively moving around?"

The "I want to go on fantasy ops so what gear should I get?" "or "Please critique my SHTF outfit?" questions tend to turn into fantastic feeding frenzies.

@WestDesertPRS

Unsure if you are trying to draw @TheGerman into some sort of trap but I am assuming your question to be serious.

If TheGerman gives you suggestions on gear rest assured it is going to be the best out there, he probably has used it so the info is valid, your wallet will quickly drain because being poor does not factor in his life.

The real answer to your question is wear whats functional for what you are doing. Reality is you are just out there shooting and its not like you are stalking and concerned with someone firing back.

I dont think many people here "play" sniper for the day nor should they. Its about going out and trying to improve skills with your rifle.

That said often times the functional gear is military in nature and you end up looking kind of operator.

I think TheGerman actually wanted to help the OP out some but the guy ended up tucking tail too fast. It was going to be painful for him to learn some of his stuff gave him the look of being cool but in the real world it would fail.

The question shouldnt be "Hey guys what should I get to be snipery looking".

Its not about a look its about "what are you trying to achieve".

So the right question is

"Hey guys my rifle is shooting great. Ive got it dialed in so I am a consistent 1 MOA minus shooter with groups pretty often in the .5 range, shit I even shocked myself once or twice by having all the planets align and I shot a .25 the other day. Anyway my question concerns concealment. I had a nice coyote lined up last week but before I could break the shot he made me and bolted the valley. I wasnt going to chance wounding him so he got away. What kind of ghillie or concealment do you think might help me out in an arid mostly sand and sage environment? Also carrying my ammo and mags in my cargo pockets sucks and is noisy, Is there a chest rig or something that would help me organize that? Who makes good gear? How do you carry your stuff in the field actively moving around?"

The "I want to go on fantasy ops so what gear should I get?" "or "Please critique my SHTF outfit?" questions tend to turn into fantastic feeding frenzies.

It's as if you've seen this happen on multiple occasions or something.

?

So wait, you want to dress like @TheGerman but NOT look like a dildo??

So wait, you want to dress like @TheGerman but NOT look like a dildo??

Says the guy who's wearing my rare issued Crye PC to work everyday :p

@WestDesertPRS

What do you mean by field kit? That can mean 20 different things. What are you anticipating needing/using it for?

We may need pictures of you in your current setup first. ;)

Change your flip up scope cover to a killflash , flip up cap stands out over your camo big time.

Reactions: Thorgrim
I made all of my own gear in my mom’s basement. Just as good as crye and it’s MOA and Mil friendly.

@WestDesertPRS

@WestDesertPRS

What do you mean by field kit? That can mean 20 different things. What are you anticipating needing/using it for?

I dont really have a setup now. My gear consists of a pair of Cabelas brand field pants out of their hunting gear, some hiking shoes (Colombia) and whatever t-shirt I feel like putting on.

My question is more like curiosity regarding what would be preferred after reading your criticism of OP's equipment.

I dont really have a specific "mission" in mind but more towards questions like recommendations on how to carry spare mags, suggestions for a small pack / hydration system, etc. I'm not trying to be a sniper and my time in the Corps was back when we wore woodland BDUs and body armor was a flak and PASGT helmet so I dont have any experience with current tactical doodads.

My rifle is decent and shoots fairly well...well enough for me....sub-MOA (avg maybe 3/4"). I have basic shooting gear, LRF, spotting scope, etc. So I'm mostly interested in the other stuff.

Reactions: pmclaine
I dont really have a setup now. My gear consists of a pair of Cabelas brand field pants out of their hunting gear, some hiking shoes (Colombia) and whatever t-shirt I feel like putting on.

My question is more like curiosity regarding what would be preferred after reading your criticism of OP's equipment.

I dont really have a specific "mission" in mind but more towards questions like recommendations on how to carry spare mags, suggestions for a small pack / hydration system, etc. I'm not trying to be a sniper and my time in the Corps was back when we wore woodland BDUs and body armor was a flak and PASGT helmet so I dont have any experience with current tactical doodads.

My rifle is decent and shoots fairly well...well enough for me....sub-MOA (avg maybe 3/4"). I have basic shooting gear, LRF, spotting scope, etc. So I'm mostly interested in the other stuff.

I suffer not being able to shoot "in the wild".

Im almost always at a range and Im left with a bench or occasionally on the deck.

Im usually in work clothes and everything comes out of the back of the truck/range bag I carry with me.

Ive only found the need to buy moving around gear as a need for a class and got great advice from TheGerman as well as others that I see chiming in since your post.

What is your typical shooting experience?

Are you driving out to BLM land and than hiking some distance to your shooting point?

Are you taking classes where instructors are tasking you to perform reloads, assume improvised shooting positions?

Do you do something that might actually require some sort of armor or are you of the mindset that armor is like fire insurance - you will likely never need it but you have already spent money on more important things and now with some free cash, you think better to have it and get familiar with how it works and affects you?

You have to tell the mighty TheGerman what you seek otherwise he stays in Idle Mode

Its well understood TheGerman does not last two minutes though just to let you know.

@WestDesertPRS

......I look like a dildo though.

Boom

Im almost always at a range and Im left with a bench or occasionally on the deck.

Im usually in work clothes and everything comes out of the back of the truck/range bag I carry with me.

Ive only found the need to buy moving around gear as a need for a class and got great advice from TheGerman as well as others that I see chiming in since your post.

Are you driving out to BLM land and than hiking some distance to your shooting point?

Are you taking classes where instructors are tasking you to perform reloads, assume improvised shooting positions?

Do you do something that might actually require some sort of armor or are you of the mindset that armor is like fire insurance - you will likely never need it but you have already spent money on more important things and now with some free cash, you think better to have it and get familiar with how it works and affects you?

You have to tell the mighty TheGerman what you seek otherwise he stays in Idle Mode

Its well understood TheGerman does not last two minutes though just to let you know.

He's pretty straightforward. I just haven't had time today, on the phone nonstop.

I think he needs a well layed out shooting ruck that has everything he needs and can be scaled to go further, yet not end up weighing 80lbs. Should work for basically everything until you need to scale the entire setup and go with something else because the mission has drastically changed (i.e. you'll be out there hunting for a week, etc).

Ill be back.

Reactions: pmclaine
Standing by.

As I read what is to follow it will be in the voice of Robin Leach from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" tv show. The gear will be first class.

As this is turning into the gear fashion show thread I shall share with you my purchase from yesterday...

A data book, but not just any data book.

Its alcohol erasable. Problem with my paper data books is Ive got years worth of stale information in them and they are getting so fat they are a pain in the ass but my OCD believes I must keep data that 1000s of rounds later is likely meaningless.

Im going with this.....

I have similar from a Sig Sauer class and its been great. Write in it using Staedler Lumocolor markers or pencil and its erasable with 90 percent alcohol or an eraser respectively.

My idea is have enough pages for a reasonable amount of range time/data. When I fill all that in Im going back to the first entry which likely no longer has relevance, erasing it and carrying on.

5 years of data in one book or storing that shit in a filing cabinet isnt necessary for me.

There is a cover, some target and range card pages, notes and graph pages also in there amongst his various products.

Owner of the business is USMC and through conversations with apparently a great guy.

There is my push to help the economy.

Reactions: Ravenworks

Most of my shooting is "in the wild" as you put it. I rarely visit a public range (at most twice a year). the majority of my spots are completely accessible with a stock 4x4, though it helps if you don't care about the paint. I do have a few places that require a little walk. In those cases i just cram stuff in a bag, etc.

My intention is to take a few courses in the future and I'd like to be prepared for that as well.

Most of my shooting is "in the wild" as you put it. I rarely visit a public range (at most twice a year). the majority of my spots are completely accessible with a stock 4x4, though it helps if you don't care about the paint. I do have a few places that require a little walk. In those cases i just cram stuff in a bag, etc.

My intention is to take a few courses in the future and I'd like to be prepared for that as well.

Shooting from a truck is what I do and I get by with a Eberlestock GSII and a general range bag.

I am jealous of your out in nature experience.

I wouldnt recommend the Eberlestock for real rucking but its good rifle luggage with the rifle in the scabbard and enough room for spotter, support bags, tools, magazines and expected weather clothing. Short rides on the back are fine but I dont find the harness or fit to be great for me.

Its the same setup I bring to precision scoped rifle classes at Sig. Unless you are in an advanced or tactical PSR class there is not much moving around.

If your walks get longer I see Mystery Ranch or some other high end pack in your future.

If having a ground cloth matters to you I dont think there is any better than the TAB Gear roll up mat. Attaches nicely to molle/Pals web.

If you get into faster paced shooting, AR stuff with pistol transitions, a nice two belt system for dry weather and perhaps a chest rig or battle belt of some sort for wet weather.

TheGerman is a fan of carrying gear on the upper torso and he will give you good info there.

How much money you have to spend? Are you sitting on $1000 to spend?

If not see if you can tailor your interests to get the most critical stuff first than buying parts as you go.

Doesnt make sense to buy mag pouches first and than not have a belt or chest rig to mount them to. Id go with the carry platform and a pistol holster first, keeping in mind I can shove mags in cargo pockets for the time being, than continue to buy as cash allows. Dont neglect your duty to by a first aid kit.

It can get expensive, the PX here often has good gear at pretty good savings.

Last edited:
I don't mean to highjack this thread...

But I need to know the best mag holders that double as Twinkie and ding dong holders.

I have a floral pattern kimono that I plan to use as a ghillie. The silk is quite cool against my skin even in hot weather. It's not much of a problem with heatstroke because I gear up "commando" style, and just wear the "ghimono" over my gear.

Can you also tell me the best holder for my hello Kitty, two way radios.
Me and my partner like to talk to each other while we play "hide and seek" on the weekends.

Thanks in advance.

@WestDesertPRS

From what you were asking, I'm going to suggest something I use that is precision gun/DMR specific and can be used by itself or scale with primary weapon and carrier. The focus here is having everything you need with you and organized, yet leaving enough space to scale any mission specific or duration specific items as needed. This should have enough flexibility and size to where if you need more, you would probably have to go with a larger setup as your mission will now require a lot more equipment and space.

Here's what I use for this and have refined it over time as well as have found the weaknesses in the system:

ATS RAID II 3 day molle assault pack

I kept coming back to this over the years as its all molle (instead of where people think you only need it), has internal molle webbing for equipment organization, is overbuilt, relatively light, the perfect size for an 'in between' sized ruck, can be fully unzipped and has side lashings. it's the best no bullshit, no frills, utilitarian ruck that there is.

It's inherent weakness is the lack of real frame and shoulder padding harness. However, if you are scaling properly, this shouldn't be an issue as far as the shoulder straps, and the flexible frame it has actually helps it work with a rear plate as opposed to a more rigid frame sheet that would ride on your rear plate unevenly and want to move, bounce and unevenly push the plate back against you. In a perfect world, someone would make the ATS RAID with the USGI polymer pack frame and shoulder straps.

On the outside:

- Tripod secured/entagled in lashings on left (weak) side
- Dump pouch mounted on the bottom facing molle rows. Comes unstowed to fit the rifle just like a gun carrier does. Receiver/bulk of rifle is lashed to the front of the pack in 2 places, entangeling the lashings; this is with lashings that are made from nylon and ITW buckles that are specific to holding the rifle on the ruck. Rifle should have a muzzle and scope cover attached when carried this way. If the rifle is your primary (MK12, etc) do not carry it this way and instead carry it as a normal primary weapon as well as have ammo fed from your plate carrier/chest rig.
- Midway up on the right (strong) side, IFAK. Needs to be able to be reached when worn, yet high enough to be out of the way of getting in the way of your arm when going through a pistol draw stroke.
- (optional) 2x smoke grenade pouch
- (optional) If night time is the right time, and you anticipate needing nightvision later on, I have a TAD beavertail attached instead of the dump pouch to stow a helmet on the front of the ruck; this would work if not stowing your rifle/no need to stow it, and is a decision made when selecting equipment

Small zipper compartment:

- Data book with printed ballistic data, blank RITR grid paper, AO map, compass, couple strips of surveryors tape, dual power calculator, sharpie, RITR pencil
- Ammo card with ammo for precision rifle and/or loaded mags for precision rifle (not for primary; that is to be worn on chest rig/carrier, but surplus magazines in excess of chest rig/carrier mag space can be stowed in the main ruck as needed)
- Rear shooting bag if its a smaller 'sock' type; if larger like a gamechanger, needs to be stowed in the main compartment.

Main compartment:

- 3L hydration bag
- Attached to the internal molle panels:
Equipment specific pouch for PLRF15c and Kestrel
Equipment specific pouch for Trimble with compartment for PLRF15c trigger cable
Large GP pouch with spare batteries, Borka field kit with appropiate sockets/torx sizes for weapon system, small vial of oil, a few clean patches, cut off cleaning brush, stuck case remover for correct caliber, lens pen, electrical tape, chem lights
Equipment specific pouch for binoculars

- If you have a larger rear bag, it goes in the bottom
- Basic snivel gear depending on what time of year, your locations weather, mission duration, etc.
- Remaining space can be left open, add snivel gear, roll up shooting mat, sleep system, mission specific gear, supplementary ammunition for primary weapon, a PRC with whip, etc.

If you want to stay with the same setup, yet want an actual rifle carrier, the exact same thing can be done with an Eberlestock Phantom, yet you gain about 8lbs from just the bag. If you need to scale further, you're getting into the SATL/DATL ruck range.

@WestDesertPRS

From what you were asking, I'm going to suggest something I use that is precision gun/DMR specific and can be used by itself or scale with primary weapon and carrier. The focus here is having everything you need with you and organized, yet leaving enough space to scale any mission specific or duration specific items as needed. This should have enough flexibility and size to where if you need more, you would probably have to go with a larger setup as your mission will now require a lot more equipment and space.

Here's what I use for this and have refined it over time as well as have found the weaknesses in the system:

I kept coming back to this over the years as its all molle (instead of where people think you only need it), has internal molle webbing for equipment organization, is overbuilt, relatively light, the perfect size for an 'in between' sized ruck, can be fully unzipped and has side lashings. it's the best no bullshit, no frills, utilitarian ruck that there is.

It's inherent weakness is the lack of real frame and shoulder padding harness. However, if you are scaling properly, this shouldn't be an issue as far as the shoulder straps, and the flexible frame it has actually helps it work with a rear plate as opposed to a more rigid frame sheet that would ride on your rear plate unevenly and want to move, bounce and unevenly push the plate back against you. In a perfect world, someone would make the ATS RAID with the USGI polymer pack frame and shoulder straps.

On the outside:

- Dump pouch mounted on the bottom facing molle rows. Comes unstowed to fit the rifle just like a gun carrier does. Receiver/bulk of rifle is lashed to the front of the pack in 2 places, entangeling the lashings; this is with lashings that are made from nylon and ITW buckles that are specific to holding the rifle on the ruck. Rifle should have a muzzle and scope cover attached when carried this way. If the rifle is your primary (MK12, etc) do not carry it this way and instead carry it as a normal primary weapon as well as have ammo fed from your plate carrier/chest rig.
- Midway up on the right (strong) side, IFAK. Needs to be able to be reached when worn, yet high enough to be out of the way of getting in the way of your arm when going through a pistol draw stroke.
- (optional) If night time is the right time, and you anticipate needing nightvision later on, I have a TAD beavertail attached instead of the dump pouch to stow a helmet on the front of the ruck; this would work if not stowing your rifle/no need to stow it, and is a decision made when selecting equipment

- Data book with printed ballistic data, blank RITR grid paper, AO map, compass, couple strips of surveryors tape, dual power calculator, sharpie, RITR pencil
- Ammo card with ammo for precision rifle and/or loaded mags for precision rifle (not for primary; that is to be worn on chest rig/carrier, but surplus magazines in excess of chest rig/carrier mag space can be stowed in the main ruck as needed)
- Rear shooting bag if its a smaller 'sock' type; if larger like a gamechanger, needs to be stowed in the main compartment.

Main compartment:

- 3L hydration bag
Large GP pouch with spare batteries, Borka field kit with appropiate sockets/torx sizes for weapon system, small vial of oil, a few clean patches, cut off cleaning brush, stuck case remover for correct caliber, lens pen, electrical tape, chem lights

- Basic snivel gear depending on what time of year, your locations weather, mission duration, etc.
- Remaining space can be left open, add snivel gear, roll up shooting mat, sleep system, mission specific gear, supplementary ammunition for primary weapon, a PRC with whip, etc.

If you want to stay with the same setup, yet want an actual rifle carrier, the exact same thing can be done with an Eberlestock Phantom, yet you gain about 8lbs from just the bag. If you need to scale further, you're getting into the SATL/DATL ruck range.
Any chance of a picture of that loadout all packed up, rough weight without the weapon?

I don't mean to highjack this thread...

But I need to know the best mag holders that double as Twinkie and ding dong holders.

I have a floral pattern kimono that I plan to use as a ghillie. The silk is quite cool against my skin even in hot weather. It's not much of a problem with heatstroke because I gear up "commando" style, and just wear the "ghimono" over my gear.

Can you also tell me the best holder for my hello Kitty, two way radios.
Me and my partner like to talk to each other while we play "hide and seek" on the weekends.

Thanks in advance.
I already have mag / twinkies holders. What I really need is a recommendation for a Fleshlight ankle holster.

@WestDesertPRS

On the outside:

Main compartment:

- 3L hydration bag

@TheGerman

Thanks for all the detail in your reply. I think this pretty much covers the core of my question. I just checked out the some of the gear you recommended and the ATS RAID looks like a great piece of equipment, but I may have to hold off on the Vectronix until I find a buyer for my kidney.

By the way, you asked for a picture of my current setup, so here it is. Enjoy!

1572405969633.png

I should know better than to post in threads like this - but I will say to all the airsoft haters out there: I have seen a lot of airsofters/milsim guys who are significantly more physically fit and tactically sound than a lot of the overweight armchair commandos I've seen at the gun range... and even some PRS style matches...

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I'd like to start by thanking you for sharing your Ghost Recon loadout. And since you asked for an equipment critique, I'll start by going through your list as you posted it.

What do you plan to use this for? Is this what you're going to come running out of the house wearing when your friends want to go hunting? When something weird is going on outside? Heading off to a match with the old ghille in tow, just incase? As stated before, the mission dictates the gear. You have a set amount of gear you'd almost always bring along (most of which I dont even see in your list) and you scale the rest of the gear/equipment as needed. Otherwise you're just dragging around 10x the shit you need and you end up flailing around in the heat after an hour or realize you left something you would actually need, back at home.

quote"Here is my field gear, looking for opinions on what people think, and what they would change or add.

Condor MOPC - Borderline airsoft Made in China shit. What plates do you have in this and what are they rated for? How much does all of this shit weigh? Have you actually layed down prone with a carrier on and shot/shouldered your rifle? Why are you wearing a carrier any only bringing a bolt gun; if you anticipate contact to needing armor to weigh you down on your 'mission' where is your carbine and ammunition? Did you plan on fighting the threat with a fucking bolt action and 10 rounds of ammo? What happens when you and the rest of your Ghost Recon squad bump contact and need to F/M and break contact? Bolt gun? lol The thought process here makes zero sense; you're either bringing shit along you don't need, or you're totally fucking yourself and showing up to a gunfight with a bolt gun. I can't figure out which.

• 2x SA AICS Mag Pouches - Can't see where they are; they should be eiter on the ruck you always have with you or on a modular belt at around 8 o clock so they can be accessed when prone or seated. Please don't tell me they are Emerson or Condor as well.
• LRF/Wind Meter Pouch - More gear for the ruck. Stop wearing essential shit you can crush and make useless on your body where you'll end up laying ontop of it anyways.
• Radio Pouch - Without a radio this is useless. Look at the Baofengs (cheap and they just work), Yaesu (nicer but more expensive) or the Kenwoods (more expensive but much nicer) to get on GMRS/MURS. I could go on for a page about how to set these up as well as to have a antennae whip stowed on your ruck that you can plug into the radio when you are static and need to extend range. Plus, who are you talking to on the radio? Solid Snake?
• Rip-Away EMT Pouch - What's in it, and what training do you have with the contents? How many TQs?
• KA-BAR Becker BK9 - Goes in a 72 hour pack, MAYBE. Even then, probably not.
• Cold Steel OSS Knife - 2 knives; seriously? Get a fucking decent folder like the smaller CRKT and be done with knives. Holy shit.
• 1Lt Hydration Pouch - 1 liter? One fucking liter? ONE? With that ghille and carrier on, you'll sweat that much before you manage to leave the fucking house. Hydro goes in the ruck, absolute minimum 1 gal per day; more if you mission parameters dictate alot of movement across terrain and/or lack of resupply as well as uncertain natural sources along your route. I'd love to take you out in some of the shit I end up doing in a day and give you only 1 liter of fucking water.
• 7 Round Bullet Wallet (Stores 7 homeloads at maximum seating depth that will not mag feed, mainly used when requiring greater accuracy with a long range shot) - This is beyond fucking retarded.

- Gun/optic is on you. Not what I'd use, but run what you have. It's not the limiting factor unless the 'mission' makes it so.

SC Ghillie Cobra Suit - You don't need it. And if you do, you need to stow it on the bottom of your ruck in a stuff sack. They are primarily used to stalk, move from the cache to the FFP and conceal at the FFP. With that said, they are rarely used anymore. With improved calibers, bullets and ballistics as well as realizing that you can get within 500m of any target using the terrain alone, the weight, smell and the fact it is hot as fuck, will give you heat stroke and then catch on fucking fire will make you leave it at home. Additionally, yours is entirely too full with whatever the fuck is in it. Look at the picture of you with the natural veg/trees behind you; you match the ground, yet look like a lump in a ghille suit yet you contrast the natural veg so much you may as well be wearing fucking orange.

SC Ghillie Rifle Wrap - Want to know what the intent of rifle wrap is? Other than making your rifle hang up on fucking everything and then getting in the way of shit when you need to use it, its designed to conceal the weapon by reducing the glare/angled light hitting the rifle as well as obscuring any unnatural shape/lines. You know, the exact opposite of that gigantic fucking black round circle that the wrap is making around your dark ass scope objective. Cool points +6. -10 fail points.

Emerson Gear G3 Shirt, Pants and Boonie Hat - This is pure, unadulterated fobbit fucking airsoft shit. I almost didn't even respond to your post when I saw you had this. I can't take anyone wearing Emerson gear seriously.

Blackhawk Fingerless Gloves - LOL

Response Gear Combat Boots (Amazing Boots, 7 Years old but about 1 year of hard use in rice fields, deep mud and swamps. Still going strong) "quote

So there's whats up with your gear as it stands right now. You have way too much shit you don't need, bought too much cheap shit that won't hold up or work as intended and don't have almost anything as far as baseline equipment you SHOULD have. If you seriously want to learn how to not look like a dildo and won't get your feels hurt, I'll post again about options/how you should/could set up depending on what your 'mission' and end goals are.
Props to you for that thoughtful response lol

Reactions: DROWN
May be one of the best threads. Besides the weekly mils vs. Moa those are a good laugh as well.

So has anyone tried to message the op and ask him to come back to his thread? Am kind of concerned his hide was over ran and something happened to him.

Or does lowlight have to send out "the german" and a few others on a rescue mission?

• Haha
Reactions: Curt193 and uffduh
Since this is back at the top, I'd like to apologize for an unintentional omission that's a mission critical piece of kit. Along with the nudey mags, I should've added a half a quart of 5w30. No sniper needs to risk the ill effects of viscosity breakdown whilst giving himself a hand shandy in the hide.

Since this is back at the top, I'd like to apologize for an unintentional omission that's a mission critical piece of kit. Along with the nudey mags, I should've added a half a quart of 5w30. No sniper needs to risk the ill effects of viscosity breakdown whilst giving himself a hand shandy in the hide.

I'd recommend full-synthetic for that long-lasting lubricity and high resistance to heat-related breakdown.