• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors HK MK 23 SOCOM

Re: HK MK 23 SOCOM

Ah understood. The HK45T and HK USP Tactical are two different guns.

This is what your after, or something like it:

300px-HK45C_Threaded_Barrel.jpg

Learn something new everyday.

Thanks,

Bob

Check over at hkpro.com. they are all about hks there. as for the barrels I saw only adam at hkparts.net had them backordered and sometime ago scottsdale gunclub were supposed to have some. The picture above appears to use the compact grip vs the regular size spiderman grip. Its the spidey grip that makes the gun fit perfect in my hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually come to think of it, I always shot a brig slide on the gsd. i'm sure that extra weight would have helped, but still doesn't change the fact the Hk p30 was less than overwhelming </div></div>

comparing a very heavy brigadier slide beretta 92 to a P30 is again like apples vs oranges. compare polymer frames against the like.

Maybe a comparison of another polymer framed .45 would make a little more since. Say against a FN45 or a Springfield XD45.

also, FWIW, i used to own the Mk23 and I really really wanted it. Then I got it and really liked the beast but it was just that: a BEAST. To be honest i kinda looked silly maneuvering from obstacle to obstacle with this hand cannon. Hell, I even mangaed to track down one of those wilcox lam units that are damn near impossible to find. It looked cool...but not cool enough to keep. Someone said it best earlier if your looking to round out your HK collection, its a must. Especially the earlier maritime finish with the camo bag/case. To me it was close to 3k that would have been better spent elsewhere. It was designed as an offensive handgun, whatever that means. Personally, I can't see a subgun doing the job better with more capacity and better ergos than a Huge handgun. Still cool though.

I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for a mk23 NIB. Found one really close to that, but I'm pretty set that I won't pay more than that. Of course, now I'm wondering when an HK45T will be available instead. Not that I couldn't get the std and add a barrel, but that seems like a waste and would not hold value as well as a factory 45t

The HK45 Tactical that you can own is just a standard HK45 with an HK threaded barrel that you buy separately. You can also buy suppressor sights, but I don't think they make adjustable sights for the HK45/45C/P30 yet. And as far as I know the mil-only HK45's are the compact model, have the desert lower and a threaded barrel. I am unsure as to whether they are available to the public. Knowing HK, no.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2436

Oh and not only is the HK45C-SD the successor to the Mk23 but also the USP Compact Tactical as well. Which was used by operators who found the Mk23 too large. Either way, you can't go wrong. Personally, I think the fullsize HK45 grip (and the P30) is the best handgun grip ever made. The 45C has the same grip as the P2000. Still good, but not like the P30 or fullsize 45. Oh and the threaded barrel for the HK45C is also available. Don't you just love the choices!!!!!!

HK45T, AFAIK, also has the higher sights like the USP Tactical does. If you can find a pdf of the manual, one of the pages has a picture of what the HK45CT looks like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's big.
it's built like a tank.
it's cool
it's a crowd pleaser
it's very accurate
if you run out of ammo you can beat the shit out of someone with it. 1 </div></div>

hahahaha thats the same shit i always told people.....one time i was booking somebody into jail, and my investigator called me into the hallway......she had taken my H&K out of the lock box, and somehow wedged it into her glock 23 holster thinking it was hers. it was stuck halfway into her holster.....!!!!

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Agent Law</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HK45T, AFAIK, also has the higher sights like the USP Tactical does. If you can find a pdf of the manual, one of the pages has a picture of what the HK45CT looks like. </div></div>

Here's a batch of HK45s.....
HK45-StillLife.jpg

Mmmm negative Agent. It may have higher sights for suppressor use but adjustable sights are only available on the USP models, there are aftermarket suppressor sights for the HK45/45C/P30 but they are not adjustable. The only sights I've seen come with the HK45 series are the low pro night sights.

http://mytedium.com/guns/hk/HK45-StillLife.jpg

Oh, you're right at that part. Maybe I was responding to someone who said the only difference would have been the threaded barrel. I guess the more accurate thing to say would be that an HK45T would have sights like the USP CT.

If you really want one, go for it. You will not be disappointed. It is the single most reliable firearm I have ever owned with outstanding accuracy. Just keep the barrel o-ring lubed and it just goes and goes. There is not a custom 1911 maker out there that wouldn't give his left nut for comparable performance.

But, it is a large beast. I did use it in a training class and it was like having another carbine in transitions.
grin.gif
The Safariland holster was mil issue and you can find them for $50.

I have been fortunate enough to find just about every accessory for this pistol. I have German HK high tritium three dot sights designed to be useful over the suppressor. The can is a CCFA carbon fiber Brugger & Thomet, built under license way back when. I have the KAC can as well. I have two barrels, the one that US Mk23s came with and a non-SAAMI spec Euro HK barrel with a slightly tighter chamber.

The mag extensions are +4s by a guy called Doc Rak that only work on 12 rd mags for a total of 16 rounds. The flash hider is another CCFA product. The one shown is carbon steel and I have another made in titanium. They both actually make the pistol more accurate if that is possible and sound like tuning folks at the range.

The LAM was the hardest thing to find. I found one, bought it and almost beyond comprehension, managed to break it. Being back then and now I am a civilian, getting IR stuff fixed is hard to impossible. I just had it come back after years of sitting in the safe. It is huge compared to more modern gear but it is the ultimate Mk23 tidbit.

Hope you get one and enjoy it.
cool.gif

30061.jpg

30062.jpg

30063.jpg

30064.jpg

30065.jpg

I have a USP Tactical and a Mk23, and my friend is advising me to keep the tactical and dump the socom. Not sure if I will heed his advice on this one.

would love to have one im currently running a sig 220
which is flawless but i love the capability of beating someone to death with it if i run out of ammo though..

The Mk 23 is definitely a beast of a handgun. That being said i own a USP45 and an HK45. I have had the USP45 since 1998, and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 35,000 rounds through it without a single stoppage. Last August i picked up an HK45 and i absolutely love it. I run it better than my USP, its more accurate, and it is an extremely soft shooting gun for a .45.

I can almost run the HK45 as fast as my 1911, and the gun just feels superb in the hand. I have a Surefire x400 mounted on it, and that dampens the recoil just a little bit more.

Unless you are dead set on a Mk 23, I would really look into the HK45, and keep an eye out for the threaded barrels when they are back in stock if you must have it threaded.

EZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vile Mr Bubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was always known as the "boat anchor". Nuff said. </div></div>

+1

HK: Because you suck and we hate you.

Ive got one and I have not even shot it yet, It fits my hands perfect though. If it anything my the HK's I have owned in the past its sure to be a tack driver.

Finally got out and shot my friends HK USP40 this weekend. It was ok...and I'm sure incredibly reliable given it's an hk...but the ergonomics were not nearly as nice as my sig p226. Think I'll be waiting for the hk45t.

bringing an ancient thread back, because i'm gonna read all of it when I get home from work. Can't do it at work. lol

Practical? Whats practical about a full size 45? p226 is the only pistol you need. sell your desert eagle 45 and buy a desert eagle 50 call. thats practical.

I handled both the 23 and the USP Tactical before purchasing the USP. 5000 rounds later, I'm really happy with the USP. It is a large handgun in its own right, but, not unmanageable. The ergos are great (the grip is kinda bland but controls are perfectly located) and the polymer soaks up some of the .45 recoil--along with the double recoil spring. The trigger is really awesome. I've never had a single failure to fire or feed--with or without the can.

My only gripe is that the mag release takes different movement to activate than any other handgun I shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vile Mr Bubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was always known as the "boat anchor". Nuff said. </div></div>

+1

HK: Because you suck and we hate you. </div></div>

With the Recoil magazine debacle fresh on our minds, I might add, "HK sucks, and I hate them."

Good choice. I have owned most all of them and prefer the USP tactical. I shoot this gun much more accurately than the MK23. Trigger is better and its fits my hand perfect. The MK23 is more of a collectors piece. You can get several HK models that shoot better, are much smaller, and alot less expensive.

I've been tempted a long time to sell my HK USP Expert and buy a MK23. I just dont want to regret the purchase as I really love the ergo, and trigger on my expert.

Only real reason for me to get the MK23 is that it is built like a tank, and is just plain cool.