• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hk ump/usc what distance to sight in

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
what would be the better distance to sight the rifle in 24 or 50 yards ( open sights ) personally iam leaning tword that distance mainly for 3 gun matches, granted i have an aimpoint but i wasnt sure if their was a golden rule so to speek for pistol caliber carbines

edit: also who could install tritium in the rear sight ( i do belive it is steal ) and if not tritim atleast put small holes in both apitures and the front so i can fill them with white paint

Re: hk ump/usc what distance to sight in

tooltech does all of trijicons work thier info is on trijicons site . i would zero at the distance i am really going to use it at.shoot at both distances and record what the difference at X is.

What's the difference in drop (in inches) between 24, 50 and 75 yd?

You don't want to setup the thing so that you are perfect at 24, already holding off at 50 and screwed for 75 in the event that the target distances fold up like that.

Try using the ballistic info on your load, put it into JBM and give it a target "kill zone" radius. It will give you an optimal PBR to zero at. This will give you a good start and you can adjust it from there as the experience comes in.

just got back from the range, i sighted it in for 50 it hits 7" circle no problem, thats good enough i guess considering i will be using my aimpoint all the time