• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Honor Guard questions

atmmech 96

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2004
Peoples Republic of Maryland
Lost My Dad on Monday after a long fight with cancer. Retired Major out of the Md Natl Guard. We, that is my mother and brothers were thinking of an Honor Guard for our memorial service/ send off party.I think we have enough serving or honorably discharged vets (sons and grandsons) to pull it off and I think he would be happy. Question I have is where can I go to get info on formation/ drills and procedures for something like this? Any help would be appreciated.

If any of you are drinking folks, at 18:00 on July 18th there will be a toast for Major John League. So if you raise a glass, raise it high cause he was a hell of a big man. Lead on Pappy, we got your 6.

Re: Honor Guard questions

Contact the Legion hall near you and they will help you out.Sorry about your loss.Our prayers go out to you and your family!!

Re: Honor Guard questions

Every state has a full time military funeral honors program. Most legions or vfw's do it wrong. The state programs are trained by former old guard guys. Your funeral director should be able to get you in contact with them or go through the VA. As a retired officer he will recieve a full honors ceremony. I would suggust you have the ceremony done by them, then have a family member present the flag. Our team was meticulous about our services and it will be done correctly and with the highest honor. Sit back and enjoy the celebration of your lost loved one and enjoy what these soldiers practice and do every day, give honors in a awesome respectful way.

I know longer work in the progam but an get you in touch with who you need in your state. Also if you are set on trying to perform a pallbearing, taps, 21 gun salute, and flag fold and present with your family, I am sure they will help train you to standard.

Sorry for your loss

Andrew

also this was written on an iPhone, so sorry if it's all jacked up.