• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Mr Cross was a straight shooter and remember that from early on in this thread.

Was just askin...... ?

Maybe I should start makin stocks?
I could supply you!

And get a conpany started and get @1J04 a nice stock before Manners can get off they slow behinds....

Reactions: Rthur
Maybe I should start makin stocks?

Hi,

Do not tempt, lolol......
At first I would say we do not have nor want to get into the fiberglass or carbon molding game but with some of the new high temperature compressed materials/polymers on the market now in relatively large pieces...We could put them into cnc machines.... :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Do not tempt, lolol......
At first I would say we do not have nor want to get into the fiberglass or carbon molding game but with some of the new high temperature compressed materials/polymers on the market now in relatively large pieces...We could put them into cnc machines.... :)

Sincerely,
Theis

I've often wondered if there were thick sheets of CF that a stock could be machined out of. I bet the original puchase would be quite high.

Has anyone seen one of those LRI CF stocks in the wild yet?

would love to hear if they hold up etc

Hi,

CF would not be one of Hoplite Arms first 3 choices just because it in itself is too light for our use.

If we were building skeletonized hunting rifles with carbon wrapped barrels, etc then maybe machined CF would be on the list but wrong utilization for us.

Some of the other composites are easier to integrate weight into during the machining process and/or after full machining process completed; Along with the extra weight of the composites themselves compared to the CF billets.

Think beyond the norms (example), lol...

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: S12A and b6graham
While I know pricing isn’t available yet, are we talking AI-AT or AI-AX target consumer?

While I know pricing isn’t available yet, are we talking AI-AT or AI-AX target consumer?

Hi,

The weapons package price will be pretty close to the middle of those 2 consumer markets.
Package includes weapon system, pelican case and your size choice of the Artemis scope mount (Example shown below).

Scope Mount.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Are these compatible with R700 stocks or parts?
Looks like you have skipped a few pages (I usually do as well)

it would be really hard to reiterate what’s been said...especially by me.

read the first few posts from Theis.
It’s explained really well.

shirt answer is no, this is like a AI.

They choose or manufactured the best components for their application.

The less guys like us can touch and play Barbie with it, the more robust and reliable the weapon system remains.

at least that’s my take on things

I'm REALLY over playing Barbie... I've pieced together AR's & bolt action rifles both and have decided that getting all those parts to play well together is just highly overrated... @THEIS has really put the skids on me just purchasing an AT & being done with it.

I'm REALLY over playing Barbie... I've pieced together AR's & bolt action rifles both and have decided that getting all those parts to play well together is just highly overrated... @THEIS has really put the skids on me just purchasing an AT & being done with it.

I’m watching this thread with great interest waiting to see what shakes out with the long action. This system in .300prc in a sentinel stock needs to find a way into my safe.

In the meantime I wouldn’t discourage you from getting the AT. I’m fond of mine. I wouldn’t consider giving it up. Especially after swapping to the AX stock.

Best advice I have is do both!

Reactions: J-Ham
Hi,

It is so easy to get carried away with discussing the more prevalent ideas, concepts, philosophies, machining operations, etc etc..but for some reason it seems boring to discuss something that is so simple yet can cause such aggravation in firearms....the elusive firing pin spring, lolol.

Firing pin springs have arrived...

7.jpg

And just so that I do not throw the universe off balance....Bolt Guide first operation...

5.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
If I zoom in on that chassis I think it says Brian on it...

either that or I just called dibs on first rifle out of the box

Hi,

I get to expo center on that Monday morning. IF your Wednesday is too full and since that is only day we can display via pop-up booth...We can meet Monday evening or such on Tuesday if that works out better for you.

Sincerely,
Theis

I will be at the Range Day on Monday, but I am free in the evening if you want to catch up. Either way, I will make sure I swing by on Wednesday as well. Your endeavors got me seriously curious, so you are at the top of my list.

ILya

Don’t tell me...that one is probably Theis’ as well
Just like my chassis
?

Don’t tell me...that one is probably Theis’ as well
Just like my chassis
?

Hi,

Well, I want to say yes to that but I will have to wait until after my meeting in Italy next month, lolol...
Someone else may take priority over my own in regards to order of ownership ?.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Liking the name. Good marketing @THEIS. I'm in for a Diomedes Short action based caliber.

p.s. Diomedes was a badass. Only mortal to ever see Athena in her full divine form. Plus he had all kinds of cool weapons like flame spitting shield and helmet blessed by Athena and a bunch of shit made by Hepheastus. Rumor was this dude was so fearless he took on Ares on the battlefield and wounded him.

"The Iliad lists nearly thirty names of warriors killed by Diomedes, along with several other excerpts mentioning him "freaking the fuck out and murdering a shitload of people with his dick", so we can assume that this guy was at least somewhat competent in the field of making people his bitches. "

*edit* Any idea of ETA this will be hitting the market.
Ah but what about Diogenes, the great Greek philosopher who was basically just a dickhead. He was arrested several times for public urination, lived in a wine barrel and told Alexander the great to piss off out of his sunlight.

Hi,

@Dthomas3523
TC has come through in excellent timing fashion and it is looking like will have Sentinels just in time for production batch to be rolling out.

BTW, certain things are on the way here from molding. As soon as those things arrive here and are processed, I will be getting back to you very soon with a shipping notification.

Thank you and have a safe weekend.

./

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: lash and b6graham
Watch out theis might pull the same crap he did on me

he took the first chassis even though I called shotgun...

my gut says the first sentinel might go the same route

??

Status
Not open for further replies.