• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this thread has been keeping me from wasting any money on the good deals on rifles & optics in the exchange...
Hopefully I can save up enough to get one of the first few.

Yes, I saw the proprietary cartridges on your website. Is there any plans in the future to chamber in legacy and widely commercially available cartridges? Like the three-oh-hate, 6.5CM, 300WM, .223 etc. I mean getting a super awesome gay tiger that identifies as a trans-gender poly fluid prancing rhinoceros caliber (I think that sounds right. I'm not hip on the L33T speak) is neat, but I want to be able to buy reloading components easily.

Yes, I saw the proprietary cartridges on your website. Is there any plans in the future to chamber in legacy and widely commercially available cartridges? Like the three-oh-hate, 6.5CM, 300WM, .223 etc.

Hi,

From the very start :) (Well not 223, as that is a different receiver coming)

Does the following not show up for you on the website under the Phalanx:?
BMG bolt face cartridges of end users choice.

And under the Aspis:?
.540 Bolt face long action cartridges of end user choice.
.585 Bolt face cartridges of end user choice.

And under the Kopis:?
.473 Bolt face cartridges of end user choice.
.540 Bolt face short action cartridges of end user choice.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi Theis,

Yes, I see that under your website. That makes it more clear. I initially took it to mean you only offered the barreled actions in the proprietary calibers. Does that mean the "bolt face cartridges of end user choice" will come with barrells of caliber choice? Thank you for clarifying.

*edit* end user error in interpreting the website.

Hi,

Yes Sir and thank you for pointing out what I can now see as confusing. (English is not native for me)
I will get that updated in more clear wording/details.
I will actually list out the cartridges that are going to be "production" and which ones can be "option".

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hi,

Yes Sir and thank you for pointing out what I can now see as confusing. (English is not native for me)
I will get that updated in more clear wording/details.
I will actually list out the cartridges that are going to be "production" and which ones can be "option".

Sincerely,
Theis

Can you link the website? I may be the most Internet illiterate right now. Cant find it to save my life

Reactions: THEIS
Well this thread has been keeping me from wasting any money on the good deals on rifles & optics in the exchange...
Hopefully I can save up enough to get one of the first few.

Hi,

I am pretty certain that anyone that knows of the Davy Crockett nomenclature (not the person lol) is going to be a good fit with our product(s) and company to customer relationship.

Can you link the website? I may be the most Internet illiterate right now. Cant find it to save my life

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: Estes640
Greetings to all!

I’m a new member to this forum, though I’ve been following SH forum for a long time.

This looks interesting. I am anxiously waiting for these new builds to pop up!

Hi,

So now that I have made the cartridge(s) available as Production rifles a little more clear on the website (I will get it updated with custom options available sometime next week) let me dive off into getting some comments and desires from you all; the consumers.

Myself and everyone else at Hoplite Arms truly are interested in not only listening to potential users/users but actually taking the comments to heart and being able to implement them if possible.

So with that being said, lets lay out some comments on barrel specifications (Twist rate, length and contours, etc--IF you care to, please list the projectile you use for the specs you list) for the following:

300 WM

300 PRC

26 Nosler

300 NM

338 NM

338 LM

308 Win

260 Rem

6CM

6.5CM

7mm-08 Rem

243 WSSM

7mm SAUM

300 SAUM

6.5 PRC

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis

I see those.

Reactions: TACC
Hi,

So now that I have made the cartridge(s) available as Production rifles a little more clear on the website (I will get it updated with custom options available sometime next week) let me dive off into getting some comments and desires from you all; the consumers.

Myself and everyone else at Hoplite Arms truly are interested in not only listening to potential users/users but actually taking the comments to heart and being able to implement them if possible.

So with that being said, lets lay out some comments on barrel specifications (Twist rate, length and contours, etc--IF you care to, please list the projectile you use for the specs you list) for the following:

300 WM

300 PRC

26 Nosler

300 NM

338 NM

338 LM

308 Win

260 Rem

6CM

6.5CM

7mm-08 Rem

243 WSSM

7mm SAUM

300 SAUM

6.5 PRC

Sincerely,
Theis

For the .308, I'm partial to the Lapua Scenar 155gr and Scenar-L 175gr since my AI AW is in love with those.

In 260 I like 1-8, 26” and any profile from sendero to heavy Palma.
SAMMI reamer is fine but with long mag options now I’m running extra freebore now and always will for future 260 barrels
Even with the extra freebore FGMM 260 is awesome.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.
Anyone leaped into monolithics in the small calibers?

Sincerely,
Theis

I haven't yet but something along the lines of the swamp works .224" stuff would have made the valkyrie unstopable. It's too bad that those days are over. As a manufacturer itd be a tough call to make a carbine caliber bolt gun either with enough free bore or able to use factory ammo.

I haven't yet but something along the lines of the swamp works .224" stuff would have made the valkyrie unstopable. It's too bad that those days are over. As a manufacturer itd be a tough call to make a carbine caliber bolt gun either with enough free bore or able to use factory ammo.

Hi,

I was referring to the small calibers listed above, lol...not the super small .224 genre.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Jackomason
I'd probably be interested in the flatlines for the .308, 7mm or .300 class rounds.
Just haven't done any yet due to barrel twist rates.

Hoplite...I didn’t know you guys sold pellet rifles.

Just kidding, Saturday fun

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.
Anyone leaped into monolithics in the small calibers?

Sincerely,
Theis

Because California, I’m looking at the Hammer Hunter 124gr for 6.5CM hunting. My barrel doesn’t like the GMX120s I can get factory, but that’d be another option.

I'd probably be interested in the flatlines for the .308, 7mm or .300 class rounds.
Just haven't done any yet due to barrel twist rates.

Hi,

Is that because you just do not want to order and wait for the fast twist barrel or just do not want to "regulate" yourself to an exclusive monolithic twist rate type barrel? Or more along the lines of do not fix what isn't broken?

Because California, I’m looking at the Hammer Hunter 124gr for 6.5CM hunting. My barrel doesn’t like the GMX120s I can get factory, but that’d be another option.

Hi,
You get crazy MV deviations causing issues or odd fouling issues?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Is that because you just do not want to order and wait for the fast twist barrel or just do not want to "regulate" yourself to an exclusive monolithic twist rate type barrel? Or more along the lines of do not fix what isn't broken?
Sincerely,
Theis

The factory AI barrel for my AW is 1:12 or 1:11.5 and shoots too well to risk touching it. That twist rate is rated too slow for the flatlines.
I got a 1:10 twist for my AXMC which I think for the .308 is about the minimum twist rate for the warner flatlines so I may give it a try on that one to see if it works.

On another quick question about your new rifles, are they all completely made in Texas, or at least the actions all made in Texas?

Not that it matters right now, but one day in the future, it may be important to me to have a rifle that was not used in interstate commerce.

that last line about interstate commerce raises my ears, but i wont ask questions.
Theis probably already knows what you mean anyway lol

Hell ill take made NOT in NY, CAL, Washington or Oregon for starters after that everything is gravy

that last line about interstate commerce raises my ears, but i wont ask questions.

When the Federal government wants to tell everyone how it's going to be, usually they fall back on the interstate commerce clause as their big catch all to get what they want done, much like the ability to have unlimited taxation is used to ram everything through like Obamacare etc.

Right now it doesn't matter at all, but if at a later date the communists get in power, it may be handy to have some things that require a little extra work to restrict.

For an example if you look at the federal "gun free" aka "unarmed victim rich" zones around schools law. They had to go back later and slightly tweak it to specify that it applied to guns that had been used in interstate commerce (just about all of them), in order to not get it tied up forever in court.

So I expect when the Communists push some federal rules about registering all your guns etc. There will probably be the standard "interstate commerce" clause in at least the first draft.

It won't stop things forever, but it may buy you some more enjoyment of your freedom for a bit longer.

Reactions: THEIS and brianf
Hi,

So here is the layout in regards the Manufactured location :)

Receivers are manufactured in Texas. (Only BATFE Serialized item)

Center section of chassis are made in Texas. (Buttstock and Forend..dependent on chosen options)

Sentinel stocks of course are made in AZ and purchased through KMW.

Barrel will be dependent on cartridge; as some we utilize pretty fast twist rate with and results with Schneider P rifling profile have been great; so in regards to this post...Schneider barrels of course are in AZ. Bartlein barrels of course are in WI.

Also---your 10 twist should work pretty well with the 30 cal Flatlines. I am sure as long as you are supersonic you should be fine.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,
You get crazy MV deviations causing issues or odd fouling issues?

Sincerely,
Theis

I’m not sure what was up - last time I used them was before I had a chrono - but both my BIL and I were seeing ~2” 5-shot groups at 100yd with my rifle, compared to ~0.75” 5-shot groups with American Gunner. I didn’t see the need to throw more money down the drain on buying another box of that ammo. Fouling didn’t seem too bad when I cleaned the gun that evening. For clarity, this is the superformance loading; I haven’t tried Full Boar.

Another on my list to try is the Barnes VOR-TX with the TTSX bullets. Might as well try everything.

I’m not sure what was up - last time I used them was before I had a chrono - but both my BIL and I were seeing ~2” 5-shot groups at 100yd with my rifle, compared to ~0.75” 5-shot groups with American Gunner. I didn’t see the need to throw more money down the drain on buying another box of that ammo. Fouling didn’t seem too bad when I cleaned the gun that evening. For clarity, this is the superformance loading; I haven’t tried Full Boar.

Another on my list to try is the Barnes VOR-TX with the TTSX bullets. Might as well try everything.

Not to derail the thread to much but..
I've never been able to get the GMX to shoot and that's been in over half a dozen different rifles and multiple calibers. I also had poor results with the Cutting Edge MTH's.
If you're not planning on reloading, DoubleTap had a 127gr Barnes LRX option that hammered and Barnes recently released their own version(s). I reload with the LRX and they've been cake to work with. Work just fine with standard saami reamers to btw.

Reactions: gnochi
Hi,

So here is the layout in regards the Manufactured location :)

Receivers are manufactured in Texas. (Only BATFE Serialized item)

Center section of chassis are made in Texas. (Buttstock and Forend..dependent on chosen options)

Sentinel stocks of course are made in AZ and purchased through KMW.

Barrel will be dependent on cartridge; as some we utilize pretty fast twist rate with and results with Schneider P rifling profile have been great; so in regards to this post...Schneider barrels of course are in AZ. Bartlein barrels of course are in WI.

Also---your 10 twist should work pretty well with the 30 cal Flatlines. I am sure as long as you are supersonic you should be fine.

Sincerely,
Theis

Woah, you should have started all this with made in Texas. I'm interested. ?

Woah, you should have started all this with made in Texas. I'm interested. ?

Hi,

Damn, is that all it takes is to put a cowboy hat on a smiley, say Made In Texas and no horses were harmed in the making of this post ?.

Nice video of the Texas PRS by the way!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Damn, is that all it takes is to put a cowboy hat on a smiley, say Made In Texas and no horses were harmed in the making of this post ?.

Nice video of the Texas PRS by the way!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

Appreciate the kind words. I'll pass them along to our video boi Tom Davis.

Also, yes.

Hi,

Ok guys...requesting assistance from the end users in the industry. So please let us know your thoughts, reasoning(s) of your personal direction, etc etc.
-------------------------------------------------------
First, we at Hoplite arms would like to thank you for the immense support and continuous inquiries we have received thus far.

In keeping with our mission statement of eliminating what we believe are unacceptable issues, Hopelite Arms has begun to procure specific components well in advance.

One decision to better serve the customer and keep to quoted build completion dates will be the implementation of safety stock or reorder points, for many if not all long or erratic lead time components.
One of the targeted components is the Sentinel Combat Stock, designed by Terry Cross of KMW Long Range Solutions.
KMW/Mr. Cross has been generous enough to allow Hoplite Arms the opportunity to offer the Sentinel Combat Stock as a build option, we are though forced to deal with the lead times of McMillan Fiberglass Stocks as the manufacturer of those.
Hoplite Arms has begun acquiring Sentinel Combat Stocks immediately.

In light of this information Hoplite Arms will be conducting an informal survey of demand for either the KMW Combat Stock and/or the AR-15 accessory compatible Doru center section chassis of our own manufacturing.

Keep in mind this is not a pre-order or position within the production/build schedule, but an information gathering exercise to help us better serve the customer as we move forward.

Sincerely,
Theis

For me:
(this assumes I can actually afford to get one of these amazing new rifles, which may or may not be the case since the prices are unannounced).

Depending on cost
I would probably go with the Doru stock all things being equal. (Especially if the Doru is cheaper).
I assume the Doru will be lighter also?

In my case unless the stock was a really traditional old school hunting style stock (and not with the stupid Weatherby cheek slapping ledge) I'd prefer to just stay with the Doru one. However cost / weight may change my mind.

One other point to think about in stocking stuff is going to be the relationship between peak buying rush if everyone gets excited at launch to order and then how that relates to ongoing steady stream level of of orders.

One other point to think about in stocking stuff is going to be the relationship between peak buying rush if everyone gets excited at launch to order and then how that relates to ongoing steady stream level of of orders.

i would think that the volume may differ if there is a initial rush, but the Sentinel to Doru chassis sales ratio would prob stay constant.

dont quote me... im wrong more than i right...thats what wife tells me anyway

i'd lean sentinal.

but Doru with new MDT folding skeleton/ACC stock. and JP/seekins handguard with arca rail

Reactions: MElank
Hi,

Integral arca rail design?

Sincerely,
Theis
Unfortunately neither is integral. But both have arca rails made to attach. 15" length for the JP seekins idk

But...an integral arca bottom with mlok sides to be able to add the MDT weights would be great. Not sure if that exists or not but I dont believe so

I want a sentinel. Pricing hasn’t been released, but as long as it’s competative or less than an AI-AT, I’m in.

Reactions: b6graham
Hi,

Warning...no pictures, no rifle features, no sales launch..just pure transparency to help with some of the questions and PMs I have received.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our philosophy “To be innovative & involved in the firearms community”, has led Hoplite Arms to target a receiver design and the industries self-imposed performance parameters head-on. Taking that into consideration we at Hopelite Arms would like to briefly touch on our focused design of being able to utilize substantially higher chamber pressures, along with a few quick words pertaining to our propriety HP (High Pressure) cartridges.

As some of you may or may not know; the US Military is testing a new NGSW (Next Generation Squad Weapon) utilizing 6.8mm projectiles. Simultaneous development of a “high pressure” cartridge aimed at increasing battlefield lethality has been chosen for the NGSW system as well. Sparing you 3 years of conversations, testing, revisions, conclusions, determinations, etc etc; we see this new “high pressure” allowance as a welcomed and needed expansion of the cartridge performance envelope.

Previously the cartridge performance envelope and its possible expansion had been limited to the willingness of propellant manufacturers to develop and provide improved products to the market. A limiting factor of the research and development process has always been the criteria of remaining within “standard” pressures, while trying to increase muzzle velocity amongst other variables.

Recognizing these deficiencies Hoplite Arms has purposely developed and tested our receivers to function reliably and safely at greatly increased pressures. The increased pressure threshold of our receivers has become the backbone of our proprietary new cartridge line which takes full advantage of the increased performance available.

Our multi-faceted approach to the High Pressure cartridge is quiet long; to release all of the details at once would be burdensome, to say the least. We have attempted to condense that strategy into 3 distinct concepts hopefully simplifying the dissemination of our vision.

Concept 1: Provide a weapon system that will allow our end users to increase pressure limits while feeling completely safe utilizing traditional cartridges with traditional brass cases.

Example: Using your chosen ballistic software change to a faster powder that will increase pressure to 70-75K (then see what the new ballistics look like ?):

300 PRC at 70-75k from its’ normal of 65k maximum.

338LM at 70-75k from its’ normal of 61k maximum.

6.5CM at 70-75k from its’ normal of 63k maximum.

308 at 70-75k from its’ normal of 61k maximum.

Concept 2: Provide a weapon system that will allow our end users to utilize traditional cartridges but with new lathe turned and/or hammer forged cases feeling completely safe at increased pressure limits.

Example: Using your chosen ballistic software change to a faster powder that will increase pressure to 80-85K (then see what the new ballistics look like ?):

300 PRC at 80-85k from its’ normal of 65k maximum.

338LM at 80-85k from its’ normal of 61k maximum.

6.5CM at 80-85k from its’ normal of 63k maximum.

308 at 80-85k from its’ normal of 61k maximum.

Concept 3: Provide a weapon system that will allow our end users to utilize our proprietary High Pressure cartridges that utilize a new bi-metal case design AND our new nano-infused polymer/tungsten projectiles at 90-95k pressures ?

Edited To Add:
Yes, barrels will not last as long in concept #1 and #2, but you cannot get a dragster to 350mph worrying about the tires :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.