• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because every other cartridge kicks it’s ass unless you want to put a hole in something lol

edit spelling ...again

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anyone know if "shortbus" (I think that was his sign on name) is still in the painting business and visits SH?

Sincerely,
Theis

Izzis it?
Screenshot_20200709-193812_Chrome.jpg

theis what kind of bullets would be recommended with those high pressure short action cartridges (the xiphoa) solids? or normal stuff (maybe not hornady. . .)

theis what kind of bullets would be recommended with those high pressure short action cartridges (the xiphoa) solids? or normal stuff (maybe not hornady. . .)

Hi,

Purposely built monos. Most projectiles do have a max velocity they remain stabilized at; just as they have a minimum velocity in which they remain stabilized.

So this has to be taken into consideration since typically the most important velocity concern to projectile designers is the minimum velocity.

Sincerely,
Theis

I honestly can't think of a worse way to check out.

Hi,

20210101_083723.jpg
Screenshot_20210730-102721_Instagram.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Since I know my new Aspis is not that far out, production-wise… I ordered a new range bag!

View attachment 7683643
Funny thing is, when I was in Middle School, this is what we all carried out books in!

I think they were made inYugoslavia or something. Which explains a lot.

Sirhr

Hi,

1628735220679.png

Sincerely,
Theis

• Haha
Reactions: Balor
That first rifle was an abortion of a design compared to the new rifle.

if I paid for that first rifle and this new design came out 2 years later I wouldn’t be a very happy camper.

it’s been very cool seeing the development of this rifle and I can’t wait to own one once I pay down my current house renovations.

one thing I just noticed, not that I care because I should never have to deploy this rifle in combat where the shit matters, the cheek riser looks like it would catch on anything and everything if you were carrying it around. Any thoughts on adding a forward angle to it when you submit rifles for contract procurement?

one thing I just noticed, not that I care because I should never have to deploy this rifle in combat where the shit matters, the cheek riser looks like it would catch on anything and everything if you were carrying it around. Any thoughts on adding a forward angle to it when you submit rifles for contract procurement?

Hi,

There are/would be several ways to mitigate that IMO....
One; don't drag muzzle first to avoid barrel obstructions of dirt and debris, lol
Two; there are millions and millions spent on packs, bags, etc so use them.
Three: last but not least, haha......This one seems to be doing pretty good in a shitload of countries :)
1628774168680.png

But YES...procurement submissions are a tricky thing as each one has its' own criteria in which need to be met. Companies do not typically get to dictate that criteria so super hard to plan for all of them; so we just wait for the procurement requirement packages to drop and then spend 25k reviewing them and bringing in external consultants to grade your submission based on the criteria. Then you either change something to meet the criteria, do not submit and send anonymous envelopes to your Political figures saying "I know what you did last summer", lolol...kidding on that last one.

Sincerely,
Theis

There are/would be several ways to mitigate that IMO....
One; don't drag muzzle first to avoid barrel obstructions of dirt and debris, lol
Two; there are millions and millions spent on packs, bags, etc so use them.
Three: last but not least, haha......This one seems to be doing pretty good in a shitload of countries :)
View attachment 7683808

But YES...procurement submissions are a tricky thing as each one has its' own criteria in which need to be met. Companies do not typically get to dictate that criteria so super hard to plan for all of them; so we just wait for the procurement requirement packages to drop and then spend 25k reviewing them and bringing in external consultants to grade your submission based on the criteria. Then you either change something to meet the criteria, do not submit and send anonymous envelopes to your Political figures saying "I know what you did last summer", lolol...kidding on that last one.

Sincerely,
Theis
All good points, I do have a pretty good understanding of government procurement, I’ve watched War Dogs a couple times so I’m basically an expert now.

and on the other point, not too hard now that the presidents son is a crackhead running around the world doing crack head things, and telling prostitutes how the Russians stole his laptop lol

That first rifle was an abortion of a design compared to the new rifle.

if I paid for that first rifle and this new design came out 2 years later I wouldn’t be a very happy camper.

it’s been very cool seeing the development of this rifle and I can’t wait to own one once I pay down my current house renovations.

If you fold the stock it shouldn't catch anything while carrying it ;)

Reactions: Geno C.
All good points, I do have a pretty good understanding of government procurement, I’ve watched War Dogs a couple times so I’m basically an expert now.

and on the other point, not too hard now that the presidents son is a crackhead running around the world doing crack head things, and telling prostitutes how the Russians stole his laptop lol
Plus the days of me walking somewhere that can catch gear…are over lol

Then you either change something to meet the criteria, do not submit and send anonymous envelopes to your Political figures saying "I know what you did last summer",lolol...kidding on that last one.

Sincerely,
Theis
No.
No, you are not fucking kidding. :)

We've seen hints of how you play.
#thuglife

./

No.
No, you are not fucking kidding. :)

We've seen hints of how you play.
#thuglife

./

Hi,

I am a professional, lol...

BTW expect that stupid ass power surge you been getting every couple weeks to hit again today, hahahaha
It not your fault, it your neighbors fault, lol

#3stripesforever

Sincerely,
Theis

Ok...
Explain the box of Skittles here for the dummy in the back

Hi,

Well there are "Unbannable" because you cannot ban anything rainbow related.

Secondly...Easy way to distinguish charge weights without having to use sharpie and right it on the actual cases.

The custom and semi custom reloading guys like @FCS that done those call them "Test Packs".....whichever of those colors shoot the best then phase II is further developing it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: M77
Hi,

Well there are "Unbannable" because you cannot ban anything rainbow related.
Now that's funny
Secondly...Easy way to distinguish charge weights without having to use sharpie and right it on the actual cases.

The custom and semi custom reloading guys like @FCS that done those call them "Test Packs".....whichever of those colors shoot the best then phase II is further developing it.

Sincerely,
Theis
Sorry for not explaining my question better... I put the dummy disclaimer in there though lol

I'm familiar with the various color sharpie approach leaving different color holes on paper edges, but my question was more so... What is the coloring on the projectiles cuz it looks far better than sharpie, and how well does it show on paper / steel / whatever else you may shoot it at

Now that's funny

Sorry for not explaining my question better... I put the dummy disclaimer in there though lol

I'm familiar with the various color sharpie approach leaving different color holes on paper edges, but my question was more so... What is the coloring on the projectiles cuz it looks far better than sharpie, and how well does it show on paper / steel / whatever else you may shoot it at
I would be astounded if it showed at all on the target (though a magnetic catch/suspension box might be nice in a couple hundred years). This is more so you don’t grab the wrong one out of the box.

I would be astounded if it showed at all on the target (though a magnetic catch/suspension box might be nice in a couple hundred years). This is more so you don’t grab the wrong one out of the box.
Sure they do.
Or maybe all the holes in my targets were colored before they existed.

It’s pretty common usage on long range paper.

Reactions: Geno C.
At what point do we sticky this thread

cmon man
Hi,

But aren't "stickies" were most threads go to die?

Sincerely,
Theis

After @lowlight gets his test sample :D

Hi,

Well we are not waiting on him, lol......he is waiting on us. We have been planned that a long time ago, lol
Soon, VERY soon now.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Well we are not waiting on him, lol......he is waiting on us. We have been planned that a long time ago, lol
Soon, VERY soon now.

Sincerely,
Theis

Is Frank going to test one in .300NM or a different caliber?

Hi,

Shit most manufacturers will not show you.

This picture shows one of the largest potential faults we found during the past 2 years of T&E.

Showing the original bolt stop/guide from 2019 compared to the significantly better bolt stop/guide of current design; along with a few improved tool paths :).

collage (2).jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Now that's funny

Chisel point sharpie works best, gives nice even coloring. CDO flares up if bullet not evenly coated….there is that aspect involved also.
Transfers well to paper, I prefer white, 110lb, cardstock when printing targets.
Can usually see color on cardboard (IPSC target or repurposed Amazon box) also.
Steel or other “hard” targets, no transfer.

I mark case head and bullet.
Case head so when brass comes back to me for remanufacturing, I can evaluate brass for any pressure signs, issues and know what load was used.
Bullets colored for quick visual reference for end user to see difference and to transfer color to paper target in case groups blend together when testing @ 200 or 300 yds.

5421CA19-C194-4CB3-AD32-F2F5527A31B4.jpeg
1F09105C-5B9A-43AF-96D8-F29C79466121.jpeg

Ink transfers to paper / cardboard just fine.

Several reasons for marking case head and bullet.
Quick visual to end user. Inked bullets.
Transfer color to paper in case groups get mixed up. Testing at 2-300, guys have forgotten which aim point they used so shoot one aim point more than once. Happens, colored bullet gives one a method to know what load made which holes in paper. Inked bullets.
Evaluate brass when comes back to me for remanufacture. Inked brass

That's interesting... What sorta of inks are you using to mark them? Can't imagine using a sharpie in bulk to do this.

View attachment 7686395View attachment 7686396

Ink transfers to paper / cardboard just fine.

Several reasons for marking case head and bullet.
Quick visual to end user. Inked bullets.
Transfer color to paper in case groups get mixed up. Testing at 2-300, guys have forgotten which aim point they used so shoot one aim point more than once. Happens, colored bullet gives one a method to know what load made which holes in paper. Inked bullets.
Evaluate brass when comes back to me for remanufacture. Inked brass

Incase some people don’t know…FCS makes some serious Ammo.

prob forgot more than most reloading manuals have in print.

Reactions: deersniper
That's interesting... What sorta of inks are you using to mark them? Can't imagine using a sharpie in bulk to do this.
ABE04057-16F9-4174-93FB-E64C31A3C59C.jpeg

I only color Test Series (TS) ammo, once load is defined there isn’t a reason to ink bullets.

Lime and teal aren’t very useful for bullet or brass marking.

Status
Not open for further replies.