• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Mainly just because I like the color contrast I will post this picture, lol...

But past that it was a functional test of magazine feed lips in relation to boltface in relation to smaller cartridges for the upcoming conversion kits.

Internal Receiver.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

@THEIS
I know this has been asked.. price range for caliber conversion kits and for the base rifle? 😉 do I need to sell off my DT and all these barrels I have? It's looking like it

@THEIS
I know this has been asked.. price range for caliber conversion kits and for the base rifle? 😉 do I need to sell off my DT and all these barrels I have? It's looking like it

Hi,

The Aspis in all its' glory is $6900 plus $150 for Pelican Vault.

The conversion is TBD once we get further into magazine testing and requirements.

The used gun market is good right now so no harm no foul putting that listing up, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Production Rifle Update:

The last 1% of changes seems like it takes longer than the first 99%.

Here is just 1 super small change (The others being done right now to the first batch of actions and chassis will definitely be worth it) that nobody noticed for an entire year until the real pickiness began.

At its' lowest cheek height position the adjustment know could make contact with the actual cheek piece.

So we had to make cutout as pleasing to the eye as possible yet remove the contact completely.

1%.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Production Rifle Update:

The last 1% of changes seems like it takes longer than the first 99%.

Here is just 1 super small change (The others being done right now to the first batch of actions and chassis will definitely be worth it) that nobody noticed for an entire year until the real pickiness began.

At its' lowest cheek height position the adjustment know could make contact with the actual cheek piece.

So we had to make cutout as pleasing to the eye as possible yet remove the contact completely.

View attachment 7692207

Sincerely,
Theis
Is milling the back of the knob to gain clearance an option? I think it might make manufacturing easier.

Is milling the back of the knob to gain clearance an option? I think it might make manufacturing easier.
i was thinking the same, but not seeing other angles i wouldnt sacrifice any strength

i think the extra "cut"

flows with the industrial look of the chassis which is what i like to begin with

but my wife tells me im wrong all the time so id prob listen to you guys too lol

Reactions: THEIS
A perfectly done radius is a lot harder to do than a simple flat cut and stands out.
I think a radius would be perfect as it would look rather unique. Especially if you can then put a perfect bevel on it to match the other part of the cheek rest.

However if it winds up being too expensive for the machine time, I'd be fine with a straight line.

Reactions: gnochi and THEIS
I'll be number seven on the list but the idea of your switch barrel and what you guys have done, has me holding off... patience is not my thing

I'll be number seven on the list but the idea of your switch barrel and what you guys have done, has me holding off... patience is not my thing

wave...what are you thinking about the switch barrel

thanks

Well you don't really have to be all that patient.
Get the rifle almost right away in your choice of .300NM, .338LM or .338NM and enjoy shooting it.

I have absolutely no information other than what is in the thread, but would make a solid guess that it will be 2022 that you'll be able to have the conversion kits in your hand, since all the basics are already laid out and tried.

I've got my request in for the .375 Swiss P setup as soon as that ecosystem is ready & I'll probably get conversion kits for at least 2 other calibers when they become ready.

Well you don't really have to be all that patient.
Get the rifle almost right away in your choice of .300NM, .338LM or .338NM and enjoy shooting it.

I have absolutely no information other than what is in the thread, but would make a solid guess that it will be 2022 that you'll be able to have the conversion kits in your hand, since all the basics are already laid out and tried.

I've got my request in for the .375 Swiss P setup as soon as that ecosystem is ready & I'll probably get conversion kits for at least 2 other calibers when they become ready.
Well in that case looks like my kids will starve for the next month, daddy might have a new rifle... no Maldives trip to surf... I need to find reloading supplies 😉😬😉

So will the Aspis and Kopis both have caliber conversions or do I need to spend some time doing some research 😉

Well in that case looks like my kids will starve for the next month, daddy might have a new rifle... no Maldives trip to surf... I need to find reloading supplies 😉😬😉

Theis does offer the industry's most generous payment plan...

Pay 50% now, then pay the remaining 50% 30 days after you get your rifle delivered...

Now if you also time your credit card billing cycles right you can stretch the money coming out of your bank account even further...

If you need reloading supplies for your new Hoplite rifle... well get the rifle ordered and then let us know what specifics you need...
More stuff is available that you might imagine if you ask around and have specifics...

So will the Aspis and Kopis both have caliber conversions or do I need to spend some time doing some research 😉

There is not going to be a Kopis since there would be little point for essentially around 1 inch difference in the receiver.

There is just going to be the Aspis which will first ship with the .338LM boltface, and then the caliber conversions will ship later.

The next rifle (which of course I have to get) will be the Phalanx and that's for the really big stuff.

W54,

im in the same boat

if the core system is superior then changing a barrel is irrelevant in the grand scheme

it might take time as you suggest but its alot harder polishing a turd of a weapon system like a "savage"

then it is for a company to make a magazine.. especially when basing off a AI mag

im not switching barrels at the range anyway, have a few AI's and have never switched at the range, always the night before

thanks

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Well if I could only find some Berger 215's.... 300NM or I'd have to go 338norma

i might be wrong but i think hoplite shot factory ammo 215 and 230's out to a mile and really didnt see much difference between the 2

Hi,

As mentioned, the Kopis as a standalone weapon system is out. No need for it really when you can use the same cartridges intended for the standalone Kopis in the Aspis with the regular magnum and short action boltface conversions....shit you will be able to run even longer COAL on that 6.5CM than in anything else.

I just got off the phone with Maldives Tourism board....they are requesting USA citizens refrain from visiting until the entire Afghan situation is handled...

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: waveslayer
Theis won’t take my money for the future LH model (serial HLITE LH 00001) so I am disenfranchised… :-(

Hi,

LOLOLOL
You have LH 001 set for you but with you not wanting to get the right hand one until we get the LH one done it would put Hoplite Arms doing business in the manner of taking payment for "PreOrder" for something we have not even made yet.

We can throw a dart at the industry wall and see how well that works out for most people.

Sincerely,
Theis

• Haha
Reactions: Balor
Hi,

.shit you will be able to run even longer COAL on that 6.5CM than in anything else.

I'm thinking one day that might allow me to have a nice mag fed system that will accept 6.5x55 and .30-06 shooting Badlands solids that are loaded way out there, and high speeds because... well the look on folks faces would be totally worth it. Shooting the latest solids out of a 140 year old cartridge and totally beating the modern cool stuff would be fun, since 6.5x55 >> 6.5 Manbun :ROFLMAO:

i was thinking along the really long OAL theory

can take a short action like a 308 and run flat lines 198 (like frank did) but hand load them to what ever length i want because the mags will be long enough and the action will feed them

keep the 300 norma for crazy windy days and distance yet shoot a "308" for everything else while still getting the performance wanted

saves on component cost and barrel life as well

that might actually make me change at the range

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
i was thinking along the really long OAL theory

can take a short action like a 308 and run flat lines 198 (like frank did) but hand load them to what ever length i want because the mags will be long enough and the action will feed them

keep the 300 norma for crazy windy days and distance yet shoot a "308" for everything else while still getting the performance wanted

saves on component cost and barrel life as well

that might actually make me change at the range

But while you are doing that, just go .30-06 for your case instead of .308 and you can be seriously challenging some of the other cartridges...
I've heard the new VV 555 powder might work really well for trying that.

Theis does offer the industry's most generous payment plan...

Pay 50% now, then pay the remaining 50% 30 days after you get your rifle delivered...

Now if you also time your credit card billing cycles right you can stretch the money coming out of your bank account even further...

If you need reloading supplies for your new Hoplite rifle... well get the rifle ordered and then let us know what specifics you need...
More stuff is available that you might imagine if you ask around and have specifics...
The 1yr layaway is going to push me over the edge of getting one of these as soon as my house renovation is paid off.

@THEIS on the short action conversion kit, will their be a stop to keep the bolt from going back all the way? Say if I wanted to run a 6BR through it would the bolt have to cycle the same length as it would if you were running a 300nm?

The 1yr layaway is going to push me over the edge of getting one of these as soon as my house renovation is paid off.

@THEIS on the short action conversion kit, will their be a stop to keep the bolt from going back all the way? Say if I wanted to run a 6BR through it would the bolt have to cycle the same length as it would if you were running a 300nm?

Hi,

Yes the bolt throw length will match the length needed to pickup another cartridge from the magazine....not the entire action length.

Sincerely,
Theis

I like the radius... and it is a really nice touch. But the flat is easier and cheaper. So put the radius on the first 20 rifles... and if you want one, you better be in the first group of 20 to order. Because after that... the cool radius goes away!

I vote Radius.

Cheers,

Sirhr

we need track suits with “team radius” on the back … sounds pretty cool actually

Hi,

Yes the bolt throw length will match the length needed to pickup another cartridge from the magazine....not the entire action length.

Sincerely,
Theis
Perhaps I've missed how this works...

Is it a changeable bolt stop? Or something about the mags that will limit the bolt movement?

Or perhaps this is another item like the barrel change that will be released in future after patent type stuff is squared away? Interested in the barrel change system as well

Just a quick question what size barrel tenon does it run and will it need 1.350 or 1.250 tenon barrels

Just a quick question what size barrel tenon does it run and will it need 1.350 or 1.250 tenon barrels

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Lots going on with Hurricane coming, lol.

1.250".

Sincerely,
Theis

That is an interesting point.
I guess it would depend on how close the actual cheek guard is to the adjustment knob.

Hi,

I will get pictures Monday and post if we have electricity and service.

Sincerely,
Theis

we need track suits with “team radius” on the back … sounds pretty cool actually

Team Radius! Most excellent!

Hi,

Well....Might just have an "in" for this, lol... @waveslayer ....

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Lots going on with Hurricane coming, lol.

1.250".

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

I will get pictures Monday and post if we have electricity and service.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Well....Might just have an "in" for this, lol... @waveslayer ....

Sincerely,
Theis
Boys I'll report back soon. Waves were flat so didn't surf with our Adidas Contact....stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.