Hoplite Arms

Milf Dots

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Breaking news!

We at hoplite would like to thank everyone for the continued support in bringing a top tier weapon system to market.

As we are nearing the end of fine tuning and the finishing touches that should be expected from a rifle of this quality, we also have some interesting changes internally.

Moving forward one of Hoplite Arms’ managing partners Theis Protov , will be using his unique skillsets researching alternative projects and revenue streams; one can never sit idle in the market.

With the change of mission, Theis will have less time for customer service as well as having less time bringing the customer through the Hoplite Arms journey.

Original customers that have put a down payment towards a rifle with Theis as the main point of contact will still be handled by Theis, through delivery if wanted.

At times when Theis is unavailable the information will be given by another Hoplite Arms employee, keeping our promise to always inform the customer of both “Good and Bad” news.

New customers and contacts will initially be handled by another original managing partner, Brian Finamore.

Brian will also be the lead contact for social media, email and future business contacts during these exciting times.

Additionally in this time of change, Hoplite Arms headquarters will be moving from Enon Louisiana, to Texas….back to where it all started.

With Theis traveling more often, the need for our current brick and mortar location has also changed.

Recently Hoplite has acquired the services of Enrique Erdmenger a professionally trained gunsmith.

Although all parts and assemblies are QC’d prior to assembly, we at Hoplite believe that final assembly being performed by trained professional will create the best product possible.

Hoplite has also expanded our envelope of knowledge into the ammunition side of the firearms market.

We have contacted David Thomas for the loading of custom match ammunition; which some may have seen at the Precision Rifle Expo in Blakley Georgia in late October.

For those who did not attend or have missed screen shots on social media from the on-site Shot Marker System; it can be said that the ammo was absolutely some of the most accurate ammunition attendees had ever seen.

Hoplite Arms is excited to bring these new services and skillsets to the Hoplite Team, continuing our goal of constantly moving forward with the mission statement of creating the best possible weapon system we know how.

While there may be a change in voice, the mission statement of Hoplite Arms to be transparent while providing a world class weapon system stays the same.

Feel free to PM for any information or questions you may have.

Signed a contRact with?! TYIA

Hoplite Arms

Hoplite Arms Customer Service
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2021
Texas
This is a bit unexpected.
As you can imagine we are always looking forward and thinking of the future, the conversation never stops around here.

if we are not continually expanding our knowledge base and looking for other avenues to explore we would not keep with our mission of bringing top tier weapons to market.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388

Hoplite Arms

Minuteman
Nov 12, 2021
Texas
Signed a contRact with?! TYIA
No the spelling was correct, but thanks for the help.

particulars are still being finalized but his services are available and are being used as we speak...as they have been for some time

the relocation process and its paperwork is a more immediate task

Reactions: Milf Dots

waveslayer

Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    I hope @THEIS has dedicated some time for track suits!!! I failed on delivering , unless you guys want China made goodies... I held off

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Quick question, will the partner, Brian Finamore, that is taking over the lead on Hoplite Arms rifle production and fulfillment be on SH as well, or is it e-mail / phone as their main means of communication?

Hoplite Arms

Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2021
    Texas
    Yes to all three..

Once all ducks are in a row Brian will be available on phone, email, SH as well.

Hoplite still believes in speaking directly to the customer on every possible occasion.

For the time being pm “Hoplite Arms”/this user name and all information will be routed through Brian and or Theis for accurate information.

Our plan is to become a better company not change our core values.

Reactions: THEIS and RS14

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Minuteman
  • Quick question, will the partner, Brian Finamore, that is taking over the lead on Hoplite Arms rifle production and fulfillment be on SH as well, or is it e-mail / phone as their main means of communication?

Hi,

I will still be on SH for any assistance too as long as site is not blocked due to Countries restrictions. Some countries have SH blocked and now that TOR and such are a huge pain in the ass for SH it may not always be a viable "get around".

Although the time available will be random and all sorts of different times zones involved.

Sincerely,
    Theis

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Hi,

I will still be on SH for any assistance too as long as site is not blocked due to Countries restrictions. Some countries have SH blocked and now that TOR and such are a huge pain in the ass for SH it may not always be a viable "get around".

Although the time available will be random and all sorts of different times zones involved.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Assuming you have a home in the USA with good internet, you can get a little private VPN setup so that when you are out and about or abroad, your computer can route the internet stuff to your home with an encrypted connection and then from your home to the rest of the world and from the rest of the world back to your home. That usually works well and isn't blocked by most stuff

(China I think tries to block VPNs if they can, but since this is a private only you one, it's probably not going to be in their database).

Then of course with a bit more work, you could have all your sensitive data at home and not on your laptop (unless you want to use somebody else's cloud services), so that you can cross borders without having any data on your devices.

A bit of work to setup, but might help a fair bit.

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
    Minuteman
    Yes to all three..

Once all ducks are in a row Brian will be available on phone, email, SH as well.

Hoplite still believes in speaking directly to the customer on every possible occasion.

For the time being pm “Hoplite Arms”/this user name and all information will be routed through Brian and or Theis for accurate information.

Our plan is to become a better company not change our core values.
    I met Brian at PRE... good guy and represented the team well!

Also loved talking to Enrique who is a really solid craftsman-era gunsmith. Nice to meet a guy who still knows what files and stones are for. Great guy who I instantly liked! He also appreciates fine old shotguns... or is that old fine shotguns... whatever. It's a plus!

enrique.jpg

Having now shot a couple of these and had a chance to finger-bang the living daylights out of the three that were at PRE... I am looking forward to that e-mail that says "your rifle is ready!" Awesome!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS... Just don't forget to figure out my goofy scope mount... and don't lose my bipod! ;-)

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
    Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 14, 2021
    South Texas
    Just a quick update. This account is another point of contact along with @Hoplite Arms.

As soon as the commercial supporter badges/accounts are set up, I will start other threads with the services we will be offering.

Everything from loaded ammo, to brass prep and load development will be available. All done on the current top equipment the industry has to offer.

Stay Tuned!!

Feniks Technologies

Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 14, 2021
    South Texas
    Theis,

Any hope of resurrecting your ballistic app with the upcoming changes?

Unfortunately, this is not on the radar for the foreseeable future. We have quite a few projects to get through. Since there are so many very good apps and devices already on the market, this has been shelved indefintitely.

We personally recommend Applied Ballistics.

Hoplite Arms

Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2021
    Texas
    Beat me to it…wife is slave driving this morning.

Happy thanksgiving giving guys

Some really nice product, ideas and media are coming soon, just a little while longer

waveslayer

Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    Beat me to it…wife is slave driving this morning.

Happy thanksgiving giving guys

Some really nice product, ideas and media are coming soon, just a little while longer
    Hope these products include a full kit of track suits with ammo holders, like a pocket protector for ammo🤣

Hoplite Arms

Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2021
    Texas
    Little testing info, we have been shooting different kinds of 338lm factory and brass mfg reloads lately testing everything we can think of before roll out.

Won’t throw a MFG under the bus but one factory Ammo is out of spec OAL.

Need to get on the phone with them on Monday and see what’s up.

As well as one muzz brake couldn’t take the pounding.

Things you think wouldn’t happen always happen.

We want all this vetted out before you guys get your hands on them or start asking recommendations for other gear or accessories.

Thanks

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Little testing info, we have been shooting different kinds of 338lm factory and brass mfg reloads lately testing everything we can think of before roll out.

Won’t throw a MFG under the bus but one factory Ammo is out of spec OAL.

Need to get on the phone with them on Monday and see what’s up.

As well as one muzz brake couldn’t take the pounding.

Things you think wouldn’t happen always happen.

We want all this vetted out before you guys get your hands on them or start asking recommendations for other gear or accessories.

Thanks
    Which brake? Hoping it’s not the one I wanted to use

Hoplite Arms

Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2021
    Texas
    I’d have to agree with the 300nm

I wasn’t totally sold until I saw it in person.

Inside 1800-2000 yards it’s very hard to beat the accuracy/ exterior ballistic matrix of the 300nm.

I joke around calling it “1 mile medicine”.

Feniks Technologies

Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 14, 2021
    South Texas
    Any update on deliveries?

I’m doing some final testing on everything (extraction, fit/finish, operation, coating wear, etc) into next week. As well as finalizing the small yet very important things such as packing and shipping.

If the move goes according to schedule we should have a few out by Christmas, and then picking up speed every week from then on as we solidify the location and logistics of the surrounding area.

Reactions: waveslayer

schmi015

Rogue
    Minuteman
  • Aug 8, 2012
    The Swamp AKA DC
    Not being a smartass here. I’m sure they will run well like Berger always do.

For the newer LRHT bullets, their BC is pretty close to reality. So, just input the expected speed and you have a very close estimate.
    Not being a smart ass at all. It’s always a matter of trade off, do you run a lighter bullet faster or heavy bullet slower with higher BC and catch up (velocity)to the lighter bullet down range. The 215’s seem to be a sweet spot with the 300norma, but the bc with the 208’s looks good.

Hoplite Arms

Minuteman
    Nov 12, 2021
    Texas
    Not being a smart ass at all. It’s always a matter of trade off, do you run a lighter bullet faster or heavy bullet slower with higher BC and catch up (velocity)to the lighter bullet down range. The 215’s seem to be a sweet spot with the 300norma, but the bc with the 208’s looks good.
    From what I’ve seen and played with so far…regular pressures with quality match bullets, speed doesn’t make up the difference.

We might find a perfect combination during testing but…

The lighter bullets are “superior” in close but after 2/3-3/4 of the cartridges performance envelope the better bc takes over.

What we have seen is a trend in the pushing of solids/monos at higher pressures seem to have merit in the lighter faster is better.

More to come

Feniks Technologies

Supporter
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 14, 2021
    South Texas

With the risk of not being completely helpful “it depends.”

If it’s a mission specific goal, you can really tailor your ammo nicely.

Things such as:

Distance
    Target size
    Self spotting (the longer the distance, the less recoil matters for self spotting. But at the same time, it’s distance and harder to see. So if you’re self spotting, you possibly want less recoil, but at the same time you want something that will be easy to see either in the air or on impact).

And the list could go on and on and on.

If you’re looking to make something more all around or generalized, then you’re going to have to really look in the middle ground for it all.

Sometimes speed can make up for things, sometimes not. Multiple factors go into that as well. Such as pressuring out or just wanting to stay in a more stable velocity zone. Sometimes you can juice it up and sometimes not.

These are the things that are the “tricky” part about ammo. Making the decisions of what/how. Once you know what your end goal is, making ammo to fit that is fairly straightforward.