• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny story about using boots

i was up in canada wolf hunting a few years ago, way below zero F

bolt got locked up from getting out of the truck and onto the snowmobile, blowing snow etc

of course i look like the Michelin man with all the layers i have on

as im trying to kick the bolt open at the end of the day near the truck, the damn boots are so fat that i miss a few times or slide off

then i get pissed and really try to get after it, i skim the bolt handle which then gets caught in my laces

i fall to the ground like giraffe, drop the rifle and wind up stumbling off the edge into a 4-5 food deep gully with waist high snow

just a total cluster, was laughing but still a mess

Always leave your rifle outside and in the back of the truck.
When they get warm, you get screwed.

Learned that from an old guide I worked with in AK.

And yeah, I woulda been throwing snow on top of you in that gully too!! 🤣

Reactions: lash and brianf
Always leave your rifle outside and in the back of the truck.
When they get warm, you get screwed.

Learned that from an old guide I worked with in AK.

And yeah, I woulda been throwing snow on top of you in that gully too!! 🤣
figure id be ok, it was so cold the engine temperature gauge stayed pinned on "C"

we were still all zipped up, gloves etc in the back..inside the car had to be about 0-F because outside was -29 F in the morning

• Haha
Reactions: Boon20
Hi,

Packaging each receiver unit up for me to go visit the hard working crew over at Birdsong.

67451.jpeg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

The delrin knob goes over that steel handle so that easily integrate various knob shapes and profiles onto same handle.

Sincerely,
Theis

I assume that means if you are selling to a not poor, they could do some custom exotic engraved material type stuff with inlays and such so the bolt knob costs as much as the rifle :ROFLMAO: (I may have spent too much time on the Blaser site looking at how to turn a$4k rifle into a $30k rifle with "options")

I assume that means if you are selling to a not poor, they could do some custom exotic engraved material type stuff with inlays and such so the bolt knob costs as much as the rifle :ROFLMAO: (I may have spent too much time on the Blaser site looking at how to turn a$4k rifle into a $30k rifle with "options")
Haha....go to Krieghoff’s site and see how high you can jack up a shotgun, double rifle, or drilling w added bling! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hi,

Pretty much the only part not modified from the LARS chassis is the cheek piece, lolol....

Once we got diving off into the prints we just needed to modify things in order to get them to flow with our company desires.

Some things we changed were pure cosmetic/blend lines and others were functional/utilization changes.

The new production units are at Birdsong being coated and will get all sorts of pictures and videos when they are all finished.

And at current time we are not doing them for M700/Clones.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
@THEIS

I appreciate the "modesty" in your craft hahaha 🤣 ...... pictures/specs in this thread? ;)

If not the Rem700-esque footprint; was my tag then to attract my attention to your rifle(s), in given action lengths/cartridges, and in LeftHand of course?
Yes to all of the above.

Wasn't sure if you knew about this at all. Figured if you wanted something left handed and cool this is one of the better bets. Figured since I can't afford one and they're not in lefty yet I could get other lefties that might have more disposable income to get them made and I can live vicariously. Yes this is only in the Hoplite action and not the r700 but this is much cooler than any other r700. Also this has the capability do more than any r700 or AI. 85-90k chamber cartridges in the works. Bad stuff doesn't happen til 252k chamber. He ran some numbers and a 300 Norma loaded with pistol powder gets to 176k.

I also forgot that you were trying to get stuff more for r700 footprint stuff. Just remembered the left handed windmill tilting at AI.

Yes the thread is long but you get to see the development of a cool weapon system (chassis and all of the other parts). Lots of transparency.

Reactions: lash
Same technology as Ritter and Stark?

Ritter & Stark highlight their barrel making technology. It’s an Electro-Chemical process that is CNC Controlled. The highlight of the process is to avoid the thermal variations along with mechanical stresses found in traditional methods. Being controlled by a CNC, it also helps with consistency from barrel to barrel.

Hi,

Same technology process but I do not know what kind of machine they used and since they have long been out of business I cannot find out.

This process is definitely machine critical.

Sincerely,
Theis
Is this a critical process to your specialized high pressure cartridges? And how are those looking these days?

These questions may have already answered but my searches haven't yielded anything. On the current rifles, is there a standardized length, contour and is fluting available. What is the weigh or weight range. Thank you.

These questions may have already answered but my searches haven't yielded anything. On the current rifles, is there a standardized length, contour and is fluting available. What is the weigh or weight range. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for bringing those questions back around because they are very important.

As previously mentioned it will take us 3 or 4 production batches to gather a more solid baseline in regards to what barrel lengths, contours and twist rates our clients are wanting and then we can actually stock them.

Until then and even after that; we are more than willing and able to supply our clients with "custom" barrel specifications to suit their requirements as long as all parties understand that doing so will cause potential longer lead times.

Currently we are taking 2 paths for anticipated clientele:

1. Those that want to shoot monolithics.
A. Those that want pure mag length monos.
B. Those that willing to single feed monos.

2. Those that want to shoot jacketed bullets.

We want to discuss our clients desires, goals, must have requirements along with would be nice, etc etc. We will then deliver our weapon systems catered to that clients specifications.

Sort of a hybrid blend of production and custom. Action and Chassis is absolute production but barrel specifications can be absolute custom (with acknowledgment of potential lead time issues if barrel specifications get crazy, lol)

Example: You tell me you ONLY shoot 215gr Berger factory ammo for your 300NM I am damn sure not going to give you the same barrel specifications that I shoot ONLY mag length Seneca monolithics in. That would just cause our phone to ring as soon as you got to the gun range.

Currently our 300NM test rifles have been running around 18 pounds with 26-27" MTU barrels.

Sincerely,
Theis

Is this a critical process to your specialized high pressure cartridges? And how are those looking these days?

Hi,

ECM potential for barrels is and is not part of the processes of the high pressure cartridges.

It IS in regards that it can potentially open doors to barrel alloys better suited for our projects.

It is NOT in regards to the high pressure cartridges do not REQUIRE barrels from ECM machining.

The high pressure cartridges are a love/hate relationship; Not because of them within itself but trying to work with component companies to get them to do what their company is supposed to be doing, lolol....

Crazy frustrating and long story made short......We have learned that the high pressure cartridges project can progress faster if we vertically integrate more of its' components to being handled ourselves.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Currently we are taking 2 paths for anticipated clientele:

1. Those that want to shoot monolithics.
A. Those that want pure mag length monos.
B. Those that willing to single feed monos.

2. Those that want to shoot jacketed bullets.

We want to discuss our clients desires, goals, must have requirements along with would be nice, etc etc. We will then deliver our weapon systems catered to that clients specifications.

Sort of a hybrid blend of production and custom. Action and Chassis is absolute production but barrel specifications can be absolute custom (with acknowledgment of potential lead time issues if barrel specifications get crazy, lol)

Example: You tell me you ONLY shoot 215gr Berger factory ammo for your 300NM I am damn sure not going to give you the same barrel specifications that I shoot ONLY mag length Seneca monolithics in. That would just cause our phone to ring as soon as you got to the gun range.

Currently our 300NM test rifles have been running around 18 pounds with 26-27" MTU barrels.

Sincerely,
Theis

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm going to assume, if you are in Group 1B for example with the .375 Swiss P setup and are mostly going to be single feeding whatever super long monolothics get the best mix of accuracy / distance:

You could still shoot mag length monos if you happened to want to shoot some for a close range match.
You could still shoot some factory ammo which may not work ideally but should work well enough for fun and to shoot & collect brass

Does that sound correct, or would there be any trouble with a 1B setup doing that?

In my case, with the .375 Swiss P rifle setup, I'm mostly going to be taking my time at long range and will probably be mostly single feeding extra long stuff depending on what Badlands monos work best, but it would be nice to be able to shoot the other short stuff if needed.

However if that's not the case, I'd still stick with a 1B setup and then just see about getting a second barrel for those times I want to shoot short stuff (as well as of course a bunch more barrels of other chamberings, whenever my wallet lets me).

Hi,

Well the 375 Swiss P by design is meant to be mag length. That was one of the requirements that RUAG had from the get go.

Nobody has dove off into loading different monos beyond mag length to see how the standard chamber likes them.
*cough cough....still waiting on my stuff from PT&G.....

I was going to email you but my plan was to get your rifle to you as soon as we can but with a 338LM or such barrel while we wait for our Swiss P reamers, gauges and reloading dies so that we can work up more detailed information on in ourselves. And then spin your 375 Swiss P barrel up and send to you when we have all the in's/out's to give you as part of our job.

Sincerely,
Theis

With the core of the rifle being as robust as it seems, im going to go the route of having a pile of barrels in the safe with a few bolts

depending on what i want to shoot ill change a barrel the night before

these big magnum barrels dont last forever so have a few barrels around is useful anyway

as suggested if im shooting a shorter distance etc i dont need to use my "long range" barrel

i can stick factory spec one on and blast away with factory ammo

all the threads are timed so its just 5 minutes to cater to my needs

everyone is going to want to shoot it so im not going to waste my super mono ammo on them lol

Reactions: Stoweit
although im lazy and not much spare time on my hands

so ill prob have someone do some load development and have them send me ammo

a few extra bucks wont kill me if i can get to the range instead of sitting in the basement

although im lazy and not much spare time on my hands

so ill prob have someone do some load development and have them send me ammo

a few extra bucks wont kill me if i can get to the range instead of sitting in the basement

I seem to recall earlier in the thread that exactly what you are interested in having done, might one day wind up being one of the more "custom" services Hoplite Rifles will offer for those who find their time is more valuable than the cost of paying to have the load done up.

Reactions: brianf
If something like that comes to fruition I’ll be the first online

send a few barrels to that service and have Ammo made up for each of them.

call up with my “code” and have Ammo for my barrel sent to my house.

Been looking for that style of service for more than a while.

Reactions: Stoweit
Hi,

Well the 375 Swiss P by design is meant to be mag length. That was one of the requirements that RUAG had from the get go.

Nobody has dove off into loading different monos beyond mag length to see how the standard chamber likes them.
*cough cough....still waiting on my stuff from PT&G.....

I was going to email you but my plan was to get your rifle to you as soon as we can but with a 338LM or such barrel while we wait for our Swiss P reamers, gauges and reloading dies so that we can work up more detailed information on in ourselves. And then spin your 375 Swiss P barrel up and send to you when we have all the in's/out's to give you as part of our job.

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanks, I'll PM you in a moment (unless you prefer e-mail), but that would work well, if you want to do it that way.
I'm happy to pay for the extra barrel as I was going to eventually see about ordering a .338LM barrel (along with others).

Reactions: THEIS
With the core of the rifle being as robust as it seems, im going to go the route of having a pile of barrels in the safe with a few bolts

depending on what i want to shoot ill change a barrel the night before

these big magnum barrels dont last forever so have a few barrels around is useful anyway

as suggested if im shooting a shorter distance etc i dont need to use my "long range" barrel

i can stick factory spec one on and blast away with factory ammo

all the threads are timed so its just 5 minutes to cater to my needs

everyone is going to want to shoot it so im not going to waste my super mono ammo on them lol

Hi,

So you must have access to my email server account because part of your comments are pretty close inline with a behind the scenes project.

That project is turning the Kopis weapon system into the Kopis Conversion System to drop into the Aspis Weapon system.

This conversion would consist of the following:
1. Correct bolt. By that I mean not only boltface size but the actual bolt thrown length. We can shorten the bolt guide/stop groove in the bolt body to keep guys from having to run a LM length bolt all the way back.
2. Magazine conversion for the standard magnums but a new magazine design for the short action cartridges.
3. Barrel with locking collar....we are working the details of the locking collar in regards to how we can index off the breech cylinder face.

Hoplite Arms means no compromise for the customer. It is our job to provide top notch products with private concierge level service.

If you want to shoot your new Aspis from the skids of a MH-6 Little Bird flown by former members of 160 SOAR and you have the money.....We will arrange it; all the way down to videographer.

If you want to shoot a Bison but you have no time for the logistics and coordination of such venture...We will arrange it; all the way down to taxidermist.

Sincerely,
Theis

I seem to recall earlier in the thread that exactly what you are interested in having done, might one day wind up being one of the more "custom" services Hoplite Rifles will offer for those who find their time is more valuable than the cost of paying to have the load done up.

Hi,

More details on that..........

We will be able to do load development with your barrel on one of our development platforms and send you x amount of loaded ammunition with your new barrel ready for your rifle.

We will be able to have you either send your optics or can purchase from us and we will do load development with your entire weapon/scope system along with doping it out to a predetermined distance for you. Then when we ship everything back to you.

We also have another load development program that cannot be public yet, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So you must have access to my email server account because part of your comments are pretty close inline with a behind the scenes project.

That project is turning the Kopis weapon system into the Kopis Conversion System to drop into the Aspis Weapon system.

This conversion would consist of the following:
1. Correct bolt. By that I mean not only boltface size but the actual bolt thrown length. We can shorten the bolt guide/stop groove in the bolt body to keep guys from having to run a LM length bolt all the way back.
2. Magazine conversion for the standard magnums but a new magazine design for the short action cartridges.
3. Barrel with locking collar....we are working the details of the locking collar in regards to how we can index off the breech cylinder face.

Hoplite Arms means no compromise for the customer. It is our job to provide top notch products with private concierge level service.

If you want to shoot your new Aspis from the skids of a MH-6 Little Bird flown by former members of 160 SOAR and you have the money.....We will arrange it; all the way down to videographer.

If you want to shoot a Bison but you have no time for the logistics and coordination of such venture...We will arrange it; all the way down to taxidermist.

Sincerely,
Theis

Does this include hookers?

Status
Not open for further replies.