• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A 4 stripe rifle ghillie, lol

I am going to have to discard all my 3 stripe clothing and go exclusively to my own 4 stripe (4 Ps) clothing lines.....

Stripe 1: Pursuit
Stripe 2: Perfection
Stripe 3: Power
Stripe 4: Performance

Sincerely,
Theis
Vier striefen model

Reactions: lash
I really don't need another rifle but that would push me into it... I wonder if she'll see through "Honey, I bought you one so we could do this together."
make it a cool color and shell be ok with it

it shows up tacticool tan and she'll call bullshit

make it a cool light pink ww2 British desert camo and youll be tough for a old school color and the wife will think its for her

Dazzle-cam. Not even once...
actually with the ribbing on the chassis...that might look really slick

1626351110370.png

actually with the ribbing on the chassis...that might look really slick

View attachment 7668418

How about ....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer: Dear Theis --I've moved and left no forwarding address. You can not find me. I'm now in the FBI's protection program. This was not my fault.. somebody mentioned "Dazzle Cam" .. blame him. lolol

HOPLITE-4a.jpg

HOPLITE-4e.jpg

HOPLITE-4c.jpg

HOPLITE-4b.jpg

HOPLITE-4g.jpg

HOPLITE-4l.jpg

HOPLITE-4f.jpg

HOPLITE-4h.jpg

HOPLITE-4i.jpg

HOPLITE-4j.jpg

HOPLITE-4k.jpg

Last edited:
How about ....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer: Dear Theis --I've moved and left no forwarding address. You can not find me. I'm now in the FBI's protection program. This was not my fault.. somebody mentioned "Dazzle Cam" .. blame him. lolol

View attachment 7668479

View attachment 7668478
View attachment 7668481

View attachment 7668480
View attachment 7668482
View attachment 7668483
View attachment 7668485
View attachment 7668488
View attachment 7668505

View attachment 7668518
That snow camo is a keeper

Hi,

I have not but it should be able to attach to the NV Bridge picatinny rail.
Guess I will order one, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

I was going to order one of those Elite Iron bipods to go with the rifle, so if you want, I'll be happy to buy the bipod from you when you are done testing with it, if you don't wind up wanting to keep it.

Reactions: THEIS
the bottom "duck blind" is cool.

wonder if a hydro dip would get in all the crevice's
I think that those wanting some sort of customer colors should contact someone like Brad (used to be Short Bus) of Custom Coatings, at least I think that is the company name. His work is impeccable and worthy of this system.

I've hydro dipped a few stocks previously. Come out good.

Look into multi colour anodizing. We can't do it in Australia, but the paintball guys have it down to a fine art. Super impressive.

My good friend Tyler Fare is:

Really nice, I’ve see the original splatter effect a few years ago.
That is really nice

Hi,

So I got a couple questions sent to me that more people are probably interested in too, so here goes.

1. How does the rifle balance and where is balance point?

I will work of finding a more narrow item later today/this weekend.

ETA: Will trade lumber scraps for enclosed cargo trailer with AC unit, lol

20210716_072643.jpg

2. How secure is the locking hinge?

I removed the internal spring from this piece so I could pull it out far enough to show the locking clasp.
20210715_194429.jpg

Here I the hinge side of the locking mechanism.
20210715_194410.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: 1J04 and M77
I was going to order one of those Elite Iron bipods to go with the rifle, so if you want, I'll be happy to buy the bipod from you when you are done testing with it, if you don't wind up wanting to keep it.

Hi,

What model/features were you interested in and I will get that exact model to test out?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: 1J04 and oneshot86
Hi,

What model/features were you interested in and I will get that exact model to test out?

Sincerely,
Theis

I was thinking that probably the weight would be a good thing so might as well stick with the steel, so I was going to go with:

REVOLUTION BIPOD Standard Steel Model​

Or if they think you need the bigger model for your rifle, then:

REVOLUTION BIPOD STEEL .50 CAL MODEL

I currently have the standard steel one on my AXMC and it's very nice and stable.
I don't think there is much need for the "panning" model.

Right now on the AXMC, I have it attached to a piece of rail on the underside of the handguard.

The mounting ring diameter appears to be about 2.1 inches

Generally folks want to put these as far forward as possible, so I wonder if they have ever thought about doing a custom mount for the Arca rail since a lot of folks are now moving to that going forward?

i have been clicking around for another waste of time project as i usually do

but i found a few steel arca/RRS rails that can be attached to m-loc

plan using them as a forward extension

you can prob find the same for the AX

currently im using the Pheonix top hanger and its a beast

Hi,

Hmmm, so it appears Elite Iron does not have a mounting interface that can go directly to RRS rail so we would have to Mlok a short picatinny rail out front but picatinny rail is probably more secure in regards to the bipod mounting and its' forces under recoil.

RRS rail "clamps" tension can be a hit/miss depending on who manufacturers the tensioning device as to where Picatinny rails have a built in "hard stop".

YAY...another thing to ponder and get to the bottom of, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

^^^^if it was only that easy lol

i wonder how many reviews are posted on the net calling a rifle not accurate etc..because they use a Chinese knock-off product and the MFG has to go into triage mode knowing they cant call them a "Poor"

Build it to the spec and everyone who bitches can go pound sand for being out of spec. Its not your job to support others bad machining ;)
View attachment 7669209

Hi,

Our integral RRS rail on bottom of forend is built to that exact specification.
I was referring to having a direct mount adaptor for the Elite Iron to go to RRS rail instead of picatinny rail.
I am definitely not wanting to make that adaptor so that would depend on the clamping fixtures of someone else.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Hmmm, so it appears Elite Iron does not have a mounting interface that can go directly to RRS rail so we would have to Mlok a short picatinny rail out front but picatinny rail is probably more secure in regards to the bipod mounting and its' forces under recoil.

RRS rail "clamps" tension can be a hit/miss depending on who manufacturers the tensioning device as to where Picatinny rails have a built in "hard stop".

YAY...another thing to ponder and get to the bottom of, lol

Sincerely,
Theis
You may have already researched this option and poo poo'd it but Area 419's Arcalock rails work with all std. Arca pattern accessories but also have the linear load being intercepted with their rail notches and compatible accessory interfaces.

I am positive that they offer the rail specs to other manufacturers to be used under license.

./

Hi,

For those that might have missed the previous assembly/disassembly of the bolt video.

Here is a new one. YES that is the real firing pin spring, lol.

Also, I received a question about what happens if the magazine is rested on something; does it jam the bolt?

Our receiver is designed and cut to have the magazine "hard stop" into the receiver itself. It just physically cannot go any further into the receiver body without destroying the magazine.

20210716_084844.jpg

Video coming soon.

Sincerely,
Theis

Now I wonder just how much arm twisting we have to do to Elite Iron to get them to do a RRS mounting adaptor, lol
....or look into two other options.

1: Approach Jon Addis about a minimum run of AcraLock adapters from Area 419. (He is a beast with a lot of design talent and knows how to make his high end CNCs perform to their potential).

2: Approach the guy in the mirror about designing and making some dedicated adapters. All it takes is SolidWorks and some machine time.

./

@THEIS
You mentioned earlier about needing a black scope for your pictures.
I have a S&B PMII 12-50 x56 scope (that I got actually to put on the rifle), that I can send you if want something to take pictures with.

Also on the mount for the bipod, I'm good with whatever way you wind up going.

Reactions: 1J04
....or look into two other options.

1: Approach Jon Addis about a minimum run of AcraLock adapters from Area 419. (He is a beast with a lot of design talent and knows how to make his high end CNCs perform to their potential).

2: Approach the guy in the mirror about designing and making some dedicated adapters. All it takes is SolidWorks and some machine time.

./

Hi,

Ironically I just received a new mirror 2 days ago and have not used it yet.

So I just took your advice and look at what I seen in it, lololol
1626445775844.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Ironically I just received a new mirror 2 days ago and have not used it yet.

So I just took your advice and look at what I seen in it, lololol
View attachment 7669236

Sincerely,
Theis
I will be texting you two links this morning.
One is for a good Optometrist and the other for a Therapist. LOL.

./

Hi,

Last update picture for the weekend, lol..

I am unplugging..well that is what I am telling myself, lol

Have to work on logistics of a few things in October.

Birdsong green and black combo.

View attachment 7669330View attachment 7669331View attachment 7669332View attachment 7669333View attachment 7669334

Sincerely,
Theis
That’s a nice looking combo. I’m still leaning toward my multi cam alpine idea though. If @gayguns will get me the flecktarn and nightstalker renders I could decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.