• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a nice looking combo. I’m still leaning toward my multi cam alpine idea though. If @gayguns will get me the flecktarn and nightstalker renders I could decide.
i said i wasnt getting tactical colors but it does look really nice, nice matte finish too

everytime i think i want flek, i see a few more pics and i falls out of favor again

i think it stems from watching to many hours of WWII footage and reading

russian camo is pretty cool too...no the 3 stripe one

tell gayguns to get off his ass and start photoshopping already...we are a bunch of grown men playing barbie lol

i said i wasnt getting tactical colors but it does look really nice, nice matte finish too

everytime i think i want flek, i see a few more pics and i falls out of favor again

i think it stems from watching to many hours of WWII footage and reading

russian camo is pretty cool too...no the 3 stripe one

tell gayguns to get off his ass and start photoshopping already...we are a bunch of grown men playing barbie lol
1626464411335.jpeg

Hi,

Some of you get carried away with colors and color schemes; that is for SURE!!!, lol

Here is super super brief video showing the tool-less adjustments of the buttstock.
Notice the LOP and Cheek Piece adjustments ride in enclosed tracks so they do not come out while making adjustments.

Our 4 T&E "Kopis Conversion" magazines are printed and our 20 300NM (slightly modified internals) 15-5PH printed cartridge cases went on DMLS machine today.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Some of you get carried away with colors and color schemes; that is for SURE!!!, lol

Here is super super brief video showing the tool-less adjustments of the buttstock.

Our 4 T&E "Kopis Conversion" magazines are printed and our 20 300NM (slightly modified internals) 15-5PH printed cartridge cases went on DMLS machine today.

Sincerely,
Theis

When's the 700 footprint coming out? 1😆😂😪😭

Reactions: lash
Hi,

Right after the big bore lever gun for African PH's and the high pressure capable rejuvenation of the PSG1.

Sincerely,
Theis
OHHHHHH! Can I get my lever gun with a big loop and a saddle ring? Please. Since you are going to be using your propriety high pressure cartridges a box fed detachable mag might be nice since people seem to frown on tube magazines with spitzer bullets. A 30 Leonidas should do the trick, but it may have some nasty recoil. Don't forget a limb saver pad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GTOJOSH and lash
OHHHHHH! Can I get my lever gun with a big loop and a saddle ring? Please. Since you are going to be using your propriety high pressure cartridges a box fed detachable mag might be nice since people seem to frown on tube magazines with spitzer bullets. A 30 Leonidas should do the trick, but it may have some nasty recoil. Don't forget a limb saver pad.
Limb saver? Rookie order for sure. Gotta have that combo as a mares leg in the new proprietary 30-30 Leonidas magnum straight wall. They'll feed better with the round nose and turn heads with the toolless adjustable western camo pattern big loop.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
Hi,

Hmmm, so it appears Elite Iron does not have a mounting interface that can go directly to RRS rail so we would have to Mlok a short picatinny rail out front but picatinny rail is probably more secure in regards to the bipod mounting and its' forces under recoil.

RRS rail "clamps" tension can be a hit/miss depending on who manufacturers the tensioning device as to where Picatinny rails have a built in "hard stop".

YAY...another thing to ponder and get to the bottom of, lol

Sincerely,
Theis
You just need to invent the "ARCATinny" rail interface. You will sell dozens!

Despite people like me... this thread is awesome. So cool to watch the cutting edge of technology in real time.

Hi,

Not sure if cutting edge of technology or leading edge of crazy but the test batch of 3D printed in 15-5PH 300NM cases are ready for post printing processes too.....

FWIW the little bowtie looking pieces of the tensile testing coupons. Tested pre and post heat treatment process.

Next time I show these you will not even recognize them as the same cases; stay tuned for the end product :)

Screenshot_20210721-053938_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210721-054009_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210721-054041_Instagram.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
They thought Newton was crazy…..

Darn apple.

Not that I like Warren Buffett, and he was called crazy many times for his investment ideas when he was young.

Theis, this is fascinating to watch. For those of us who have never seen a metal 3d printed part in person, can you share whether what we see on the case rim is an artifact of the process or an intentional design feature?

Theis, this is fascinating to watch. For those of us who have never seen a metal 3d printed part in person, can you share whether what we see on the case rim is an artifact of the process or an intentional design feature?

actually, looking at it longer, I‘m wondering if the very bottom portion actually resides below where the case rim will be?

Although R&D work isn't cheap either. I bet those cases cost more than my current rifle set up lol.

How do you choose and set neck tension?

Hi,

I moved your question via quote to this thread instead of the magazine thread in Armory subsection, lol..

Approximately 7 hours 11 minutes 26 seconds.

Sincerely,
Theis

With this amount of time to print the cases plus post printing time, this doesn’t really seem like an economical consumer production process. Is there a way to speed up the process, or to use a diy process, to produce enough at and a consumer price range?

With this amount of time to print the cases plus post printing time, this doesn’t really seem like an economical consumer production process. Is there a way to speed up the process, or to use a diy process, to produce enough at and a consumer price range?

Hi,

These were not done for consumer production. They are done for a T&E purpose at this time.

Everyone always talks about brass failures at this level, that level...
Everyone always talks about primer pockets opening up at this level, that level...

Very few attempt to prove there is a better way than the 100 year old method and concept of cartridge cases.

These test cases will show whether primer pockets opening up can be effectively fixed and/or extended number of rounds it can take before opening up.
These test cases will show what pressure levels can be reached until the primer itself is the weak link; by removing the primer pocket issues from that part of the equation.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
how much $$$ is this rifle ?

when will it be available ?

2 stage trigger?
$6900

That is one of the first 10 production rifles. He started with the Aspis.

Timney howa 1500 trigger.

Hi,

So I got asked the question of "how strong can that small bolt stop/guide pivot pin be" in terms of someone snatching the bolt rearward with "enthusiasm".

Well here is quick video highlighting that concern/question.

15-5PH pin treated and rated to 185ksi.

Also have to remember that the bolt stop/guide itself is designed to no transfer much IF any pressure onto the pivot pin front to rear.

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.