• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 4 dof travel changes

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    So listening to Hornady podcast they said once you have the zero angle set you can take that anywhere and you are on.
    So I am in Missouri and I go to Montana where elevation and environmentals change. Do I need to input that again when I get to my destinations? The environmental variables on the hud stay at the baseline Missouri environmentals.
    This bullet is a bullet from the Hornady library is the zero angle automatically set or what are the benefits of a library bullet?

So listening to Hornady podcast they said once you have the zero angle set you can take that anywhere and you are on.
    So I am in Missouri and I go to Montana where elevation and environmentals change. Do I need to input that again when I get to my destinations? The environmental variables on the hud stay at the baseline Missouri environmentals.
    This bullet is a bullet from the Hornady library is the zero angle automatically set or what are the benefits of a library bullet?

Thread to read and two videos to watch that explain it better.

Your zero angle should stay the same, but you do need to update the environmental data for wherever you go. Altitude/Barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, etc.. all need to be updated. 4DoF will figure out the rest for down-range solutions.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900