• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus vision/iphone users- got a question!

Bart

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2005
Amarillo, Tx
Hello all,
I have just recieved a horus vision scope, but the horus people dont have iphone-compatable ATRAG software. If you have the reticle and the iphone, what are you using to get your firing solution?

Thanks!!!!

Jordan

Re: Horus vision/iphone users- got a question!

The Knight Armament "BulletFlight" Iphone/Itouch program may work. It is pretty similar to Exbal and should give read outs in mils or MOA and maybe even inches per hundred yards (IPH). Google Knight Armament and check it out.

I ordered the app for my Itouch when it arrives. I'm hoping to use it this fall.

Good luck

You can use any ballistic program which will output the data in milliradians, which is what Horus reticles are calibrated in.

I admit that this is my first rodeo with the hourus....so, if I need, say, 6 mils up, do I just go to line number 6, and take a poke?
Sounds waaaay to easy....
School me, please!

As always,

Thank you,

Jordan

Basically, yes.

If you have your load data such as this:
Ballistics Table in Yards Lapua Silver Scenar 185 gr 76gr R22 185 gr., .521 B.C. www.hornady.com

Range (yards) Muzzle 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000
Velocity (fps) 2890 2712 2541 2376 2218 2065 1919 1779 1647 1524 1410
Energy (ft.-lb.) 3431 3021 2652 2319 2020 1752 1512 1300 1115 954 817
Trajectory (100 yd. zero) -1.5 0.0 -3.2 -11.8 -26.5 -48.3 -78.3 -117.8 -168.3 -231.6 -310.0
Come Up in MOA -1.5 0.0 1.5 3.8 6.3 9.2 12.5 16.1 20.1 24.6 29.6

Just go to the bottom line "Come Up in MOA" and pick the reticle line that matches the corresponding Come Up for your determined range.

There is an app called iSnipe for the iPhone too that a buddy at work has. Looks very good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I admit that this is my first rodeo with the hourus....so, if I need, say, 6 mils up, do I just go to line number 6, and take a poke?
Sounds waaaay to easy....
</div></div>

Jordan,

Yes, using the Horus reticle holdovers is honestly that easy. Frequently, many people describe the reticle as "too busy" and so there is the impression that it is somehow exceptionally complex. It's exactly the opposite, it's very simple. You can use it with all software that will display your shooting data in milliradians, which KAC bulletflight will display after you set it up under options to display mRad.

CanPopper has the right idea and correctly pointed out how simple it is to have a table for multiple distances (rangecard), but the Horus reticles are milliradian instead of MOA...so you will need mRad data (that if you're not looking for tremendous precision and are using a common caliber/rifle combo, can be gotten off of a set of ballisticards...but there's going to be a margin of error). If you haven't already, do a search for horus and you'll get some good info from several threads. Hope it helps some. -A

I have a hp ipaq that run exbal on with my horus raptor. Pretty much any software that will let you input data and aswer back in mils will work.

iSnipe or Ballistic FTE will work both available for the iphone.