• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

House caught fire yesterday

@canman

This is the Hide. We don't traditionally do GoFundMe here. They take a chunk and you pay taxes.

We have many times collected $ in an individual way via paypal and checks to throw serious $ at folks in a tight spot.

Or just to buy cool stuff for a guy.

Hiders frickin rule!!

Elija

This, all day long!

Prayers forwarded, glad everyone is still healthy, pets included.

Keep us posted on progress.

That sucks to hear, glad you're both ok as well as the pets. Wish I lived closer. Let me know if you need any CAD plans or permit assistance if necessary. When the dust settles and you figure out what you need, hit us up, would love to help out.

Prayers sent.

Last edited:
We are trying to find alternate living arrangements with friends.

The initial estimate for damage is $40-$50k

As far as living expenses, I apparently didn't have the added coverage for living expenses. I didn't even know that was an option otherwise I would have made sure I had it. Shitty apartments here are more than my mortgage, and most don't allow pets. Extended stay hotels are still $90-100 per day.

I would check out AirBnB as well. You may be able to find a favorable outcome

I did look there. Everything available and pet friendly started at $600 per month for 1 bedroom, sharing everything else.

That's a shitty situation. Glad you, the family and pets were able to walk away.

Keep your head up. Things are bad, but could be a lot worse.

Glad your all OK (y)

Don't bend to insurance company pressure, the adjusters job is to win for the company, not the client. Tactfully challenge every aspect. Hiring a professional restoration company with great credentials may be in your best interests.

What's the RV market like there? Maybe acquire a used trailer or coach and rent a RV Park site? Financially it may be a reasonable option.

Condolences, fires and smoke damage suck.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Yowch man, sorry to hear

Sorry you had to go through that. When our apartment burned 5 years ago, the red cross helped us out and put us up in an entended stay hotel for a week. It might be worth looking into.
Glad the pups are alright, mine got left in their kennels in the smoke for an hour as it burned. FD did finally find them and get them out.