• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How do i know if i have a SA or LA?

JC_Tikka6.5

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
I'm looking to buy a chassis and I'm new to bolt actions. I just bought a Tikka t3x 6.5 creedmoor 24" . I'll attach a picture from Grabagun where I purchased it. I called them and asked already as to where they responded "we dont know" what!? So now I'm here seeking help. I'm possibly going with a MDT chassis and I need to know if it's a long action or Short action. How would I know what I have ? Side note....I'm still waiting on the rifle delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200526-160630_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200526-160630_Chrome.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 214
All Tikka T3s are long action. Any stock maker should recognize this fact in their inletting. There should be no LA SA option as it pertains to action inletting. The rub is the magazine or bottom metal inletting. If you are ordering a chassis you will have to specify long or short action due to the mag well. For those purposes you have a SHORT action.

All tikka actions are the same length, they are somewhat of a medium/long action. The only difference is the bolt stop, a 6.5 creedmoor will use the short action bolt stop and that is what you want to buy the chassis setup for.

Tikka actions are all the same length. What designates them S/A or L/A is the bolt stop. S/A the bolt does not travel as far as the L/A.

For a 6.5 CM You are looking at the S/A option to run the .308 sized magazines.

You guys are awesome. Thank you for helping and not judging my lack of knowledge. Rare thing to find in forums. I appreciate you all