• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How Do You Walk Around Your Neighborhood? Rifle Plates and PDW Folder?

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    First off, my neighborhood is quiet. There's a school, houses with quiet occupants that try to take care of their property. Workaday people with kids, old people, retired, etc. People always walking dogs. Cats everywhere. Everyone plays in the big field behind the school. It's quiet. It's sedentary, laid back. None of the crazy shit elsewhere is happening here.

Then yesterday I heard a commotion outside the window but was trying to take a nap and it didn't involve me so I didn't get up. I could tell it was the cops but that it wasn't heated or anything.

Then I talk to my buddy this morning when he got up and he asked if I "saw the guy the cops stopped walking down the street in multicam with a plate carrier and a loaded Kriss Vector"! Said the cops looked him over, wasn't doing anything wrong, then shot the shit about the Kriss w/folding stock or brace he was carrying, they really liked it. Maybe I should've gotten up and taken mine out and we could've compared 'em.

Mind you this is all taking place maybe 20 yards from the school's fence line and he was only going two blocks. I guess anything can happen in two blocks though?

Cops have so far been pretty cool about firearms here and people have the right to walk around how they please, but I also have the right to be concerned if I like and I gotta admit that in a pretty sedate neighborhood such as this, walking around in rifle plates with a loaded PDW in broad daylight on a Tuesday to go a couple blocks down the same street sorta leaves room for concern.

So, what's YOUR, uh, loadout --for making it down the street in one piece?

my every day loadout to make it down the street in one piece?

a pressed shirt, jeans, colt 1911, and a Cold steel Recon 1.

IMG_20200702_225852_2.jpg

im not walking around in plates for fun....that shits heavy yo.

I have my cell phone to call the cops.

Regular people aren’t like the more equal people in my state.

Ccw is about not impossible to get here. Even worse when you offend the crips thar enforce the law

If I'm walking down the road I'm either holding the light or shotgun, shooting dillos.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    No Atifart or BlM around here but got mountain lions, wolves, mean dogs, even an occasional grizzly. I carry this with a couple extra mags of subsonic on my daily 2 mile round trip to the mailbox. Thinking of switching to one of my AR15s since it will probably work better for the bigger stuff.

I run or ride my bikes really early , like 0430 early. Only issue is de-sweating and cleaning stuff afterwards when it’s 80*f /90% humidity In the mornings. The S&W has saved my ass from dogs...many times. 👍
    A57B0FED-0E81-4469-A331-85435E3F5410.jpeg

I walk around the entire perimeter of our neighborhood several times a week, covers 2 miles. Always up around 4-5:00 am walking. We're backward and unsophisticated up here. Some of us even go to church every now and then!😲 Quite a bit of shooting around here too. Out of the 35 homes,the vast majority is armed. People in this area shoot at home, no one complains and our LEO's don't bother us. People leave home with doors unlocked,garage doors open and children's toys in the yards, nothing gets disturbed. Our county is known to have very strong connections to a certain 3 letter group in the past , I don't believe it's BLM though. :unsure:

I usually carry a 340PD everywhere, it's just so light that there's no reason not to. Sometimes it's all I carry, typically around the neighborhood or grocery store.

For those of you not familiar with the weapon the guy was carrying, here's a picture of mine (and no, I don't carry it around in public but it's a first class HD or PDW weapon in 9mm though):
    IMG_1330.JPG
    It's a pretty fierce looking weapon to say the least, most people don't think it's real but an adult in camo and plate armor carrying this at high noon sorta ups the creepy factor a bit. I wonder if he was conducting those "backyard ops" I hear about.

I prefer to be subtle as well and it’s important to know your ao. That being said, you have places in this country were leo are disarming property owners on their own property and arresting for defending yourself. You have hate crimes being committed but not really talked about because the victim is white and perp is black and at large.
    you have guys shot while holding their daughters hand on the street.
    While excessive I recognize it’s his right.
    I can still remember doing lots of pt in full kit.

Flip flops, Benchmade knife, & Polymer80 glock 26

Reactions: kthomas
    I am the quintessential grey man that no one notices. Old guy walking and minding his own business.

Nothing I do, drive, wear or say would bring attention to me.

Carry an HK VP9SK in case and a
    Microtech Troodon D/E OTF blade

Reactions: kthomas
    Mixed and somewhat conflicted thoughts...

On one hand I am trying to visualize this in my quiet and mostly older-aged neighborhood. Some random walking down the street kitted-out...

While also keeping true to my belief that it would be within their rights as long as not up to something devious/malicious.

:unsure:

But in the end, I must follow liberty over the illusion of safety. Its the only way.

I live on a semi remote ranch, I patrol in or carry whatever I fancy at the time. When I go to town I carry concealed and that is primarily to be used for run of the mill defense of life and limb. If things get extraordinary... the concealed sig m11-a1 is for fighting my way back to my vehicle.

Now if I at my place in the mountains about every 2 miles when I passed a neighbors gate they would show up to check out what I was carrying see if i needed a ride and offer me a beer. LE is two hours away and don't visit without a call.

While I'm not going to criticize anyone for their choice of expressing their freedoms, I believe firmly in the Grey Man approach and not strutting around drawing attention to yourself.
    This

First off, my neighborhood is quiet. There's a school, houses with quiet occupants that try to take care of their property. Workaday people with kids, old people, retired, etc. People always walking dogs. Cats everywhere. Everyone plays in the big field behind the school. It's quiet. It's sedentary, laid back. None of the crazy shit elsewhere is happening here.

Then yesterday I heard a commotion outside the window but was trying to take a nap and it didn't involve me so I didn't get up. I could tell it was the cops but that it wasn't heated or anything.

Then I talk to my buddy this morning when he got up and he asked if I "saw the guy the cops stopped walking down the street in multicam with a plate carrier and a loaded Kriss Vector"! Said the cops looked him over, wasn't doing anything wrong, then shot the shit about the Kriss w/folding stock or brace he was carrying, they really liked it. Maybe I should've gotten up and taken mine out and we could've compared 'em.

Mind you this is all taking place maybe 20 yards from the school's fence line and he was only going two blocks. I guess anything can happen in two blocks though?

Cops have so far been pretty cool about firearms here and people have the right to walk around how they please, but I also have the right to be concerned if I like and I gotta admit that in a pretty sedate neighborhood such as this, walking around in rifle plates with a loaded PDW in broad daylight on a Tuesday to go a couple blocks down the same street sorta leaves room for concern.

Man purse... basically a tablet bag full of hate and destruction.

It only looks gay until you open it up.

I really wanted a pig. But for fucks sake... no one makes one! You would think that I could buy a pig!!!

One of the better training films out there...

Sirhr

Nobody has noticed it for two years, and while it doesn’t hide as easy or as comfy as my Colt Combat Commander, I carry a Sig P229RX inside the waistband. This is my steel challenge pistol, single action cocked and locked. Extra mag in my Eddie Bauer cargo shorts. It gets uncomfortable past 85F outside, but I am either driving wifey all over in the air conditioned Yukon, or shooting steel at Coleman’s Creek. If the Sig won’t solve my issue, I hope I have my Dobe backup riding along.

You sound like a Karen

A guy a sold a treadmill to used to run around in full gear cause thats what he did for a living. He got tired of the stares and occasional police stops while staying fit. Id be he is on here.

I also like the subtle approach. I'm an old fart who goes for frequent long walks in my quiet neighborhood carrying a Sig P365 plus an extra mag appendix carry.

While I'm not going to criticize anyone for their choice of expressing their freedoms, I believe firmly in the Grey Man approach and not strutting around drawing attention to yourself.
    agree with that completely.... Gentry and Zoya would prefer to be completely non-descript and blended... which is the only way to keep your edge to yourself and available when you need it the most...

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I live in a quiet conservative neighborhood in WNC, a couple homeowner ranges in the backyards that stretch out to 100y. I have jocked up a couple times and went for a run, jog, trot...of a fast walk that was hot and uncomfortable as hell to get ready for an upcoming competition. Some of my neighbors would drive by and say "neighborhood watch on steroids today?"

I work downtown. I can't carry all day long in the office, but to and from the truck, I look like any other goofball walking downtown, carrying a stupid day planner, and nobody suspects a thing.

2HoDzFBl.jpg

N8tyalbl.jpg

Reactions: thesemperfidude
    Mixed and somewhat conflicted thoughts...

On one hand I am trying to visualize this in my quiet and mostly older-aged neighborhood. Some random walking down the street kitted-out...

While also keeping true to my belief that it would be within their rights as long as not up to something devious/malicious.

:unsure:

But in the end, I must follow liberty over the illusion of safety. Its the only way.

I totally get this thought process. And while totally on people’s rights you’ve got to be a real juice pouch to get fully kitted up and take a stroll through a suburban neighborhood.

I try to get out and walk several times a week and just take along my usual ccw.

Funny you mention this though. A training buddy of mine thought it would be a good idea to go for a jog with a new chest rig weighted down to test it before we did a run n gun. He didn’t have any guns on him but cops showed up in no time to check things out. They got a good laugh out of it.