• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How interested would precision shooters be in another M118LR 308 option?

While 308 is something I may well do, I’d like to see a 69smk and a 77smk round. I load a fair number of 69s.

Not going to release specifics, but according to AB, the 175 Nosler RDF has a higher BC than the 175 SMKs, and from what I've seen, they're more cost-effective. It would be my choice if I were to handload. I would seriously consider switching to this load if you could pull it off for $1/rd as you say you can.
Then consider yourself swapped sir!

I’ll get some cost estimates up on Monday and we’ll go from there!!!

Okay - Talked to the accountant and we went back and forth about a few things.

RFA308 will be $1.00/rd.
RFA556 will be $0.85/rd.
RFA300WM will be $2.00/rd.
RFA300BLK will be $0.80/rd - $1.00/rd.

Custom rounds will carry a +10c/rd charge.

I called around, got some custom quotes from Freedom, what used to be Ozark, a few other munition guys - They charge a lot more than I thought it would be - I'm a reasonable person, I think +10c/rd for your custom load is a good price. If it's not, let me know.

100% custom rounds are going to require a pre-order. - I haven't worked out how I'm going to take these yet, but I'm working on it.

If it's something little like push the bullet out to the lands, I'm not charging you for the 10 seconds it takes to spin the micrometer, but if you want powder swaps and all of that - Yeah.

These are going to be my starting prices - As always, they're subject to change based on the market.

If there's a bad lot and I have to scramble for bullets - I hope you all realize that my prices WILL fluctuate. Again, I'm a reasonable person, this is about transparency and open communication. I will communicate the change before I even commit to selling anything.

I did a lot of research - Talked to a TON of people in the industry...I'm cutting my margins on 308 wicked close with my overhead, but this is about building a reputation and providing you guys with some quality ammo; so it is what it is.

Another note - 5.56 is priced where it is because it's hotter than 223. - It's LC brass with a military primer - It's worth the 5/10c more.

Again, I'm a few months out from full production, I'm still working on getting ammo boxes, labels and all that hooha worked out.

If anyone knows a small business that can make cardboard ammo boxes, reliably and won't screw me on an entire order, let me know. Same goes for labels.

I'll let you guys know when I'm ready for testers. Received quite a few PM's already. I'll have you guys fill out a NDA and we'll tune the powders a bit - Find a solid mean.

Thank you everyone - As always, please don't take ANYTHING I say as being argumentative, I'm just a very blunt person and I don't have a filter - I truly don't.

Last edited:
Cutting margins to establish a reputation is one thing, having an Oops and watching the whole thing go upside down is another, and a disastrous, turn of events.

I suspect that's Mr. Murphy lurking in the wings; and I take this moment to caution you, because I really would like to see you succeed. I suspect a lot of us here share that sentiment. SH group loyalty seems to work that way.

Besides, that strategy seems to practically dictate that later pricing would need to go up, and that may be less helpful from a marketing viewpoint.

Perhaps a better one might be to keep the wider margin, then be able to announce a price reduction once things have reached a more stable destination.

It's what I'd do.

Also, my crystal ball keeps blinking in the night and waking me up to something.

I've just dived headfirst into the 6.5 Grendel experience. It looks to be relatively affordable from a handloading standpoint (for me, anyway), and I suspect that, like myself, many here could be sensing that the Grendel has weathered its teething pains, and could well be on its way to invading the AR shooters' market in a bigger way; maybe a much bigger way.

...And it is a 6.5...

...And at my age, I'd dearly love to be able to cut back on my own handloading workload.

That's my guess, and it's a full commitment on my part. I feel the same way about this as I did with the.260, 'way back in 2001.

Just a few thoughts to share...

Greg

Last edited:
I gave a lot of thought about MK-262 before I went and did my (Swan Song, as it turned out...) last outing at 600yd F-T/R.

My most key criterion was that my load had to shoot in both a 24" 1:8" barrel, and in a 24" 1:9" barrel; almost as a generic load.

I already knew that the HDY 75gr HPBT Match bullet could do this, and settled on it for my projectile. I then did a huge amount of Internet research on that bullet and the MR 600 event's loads. I came up with a (max) load of 23.7gr of Varget. But I won't shoot published max loads so I backed it off .2gr to 23.5gr. It performed quite adequately for me and my Granddaughter in both a Savage 11VT, and a Stag Model 6 Super Varminter.

But...; I have a hard and fast opinion about 223/5.56; and it's that it's a great little cartridge for out to 600yd, and probably quite a bit beyond that. But for my purposes; I'm limiting my usage to 600yd. For beyond that, I'd will be using the .308 (identical 11FV) for F T/R, and the .260 (28" L-W barreled custom) for F Open; better tools for a righter job.

I have a fair stock of IMI 77gr Razor Core, and it's what I intend use in the 1:7" shorty for more precise work, and the Stag Model 6 for the same.

I like the idea of the 77, but the MK-262 seemed to me to be overly dependent on an overly hot load, IMHO. I figured the reasoning was so it could work at an extreme extension of range. But I already limit my .223/5.56 distance to a 600yd limit, so I give up very little by favoring the 75gr. I honestly think that the .308 is the better chambering for 1000yd F T/R.

There's some BC advantages for the 77 over the 75, but I've long been of the opinion that for as long as one works with a decent velocity margin of at least around 1300fps at the target; BC is just a number, and it's wind skills with a particular barrel/bullet combo that determines a winner.

Narrowing the velocity margin above subsonic is a game I don't play. When that's a temptation, it's time to up the chambering; better all around, especially when looking at bore longevity.

I may be a Neanderthal, but I'm a Conservative Neanderthal at that...

So I offer the 23.5gr Varget/HDY 75gr HPBT-Match load for your consideration, because it's worked so well in a quasi-generic mode for me.

Greg

Last edited:
Appreciate the thoughts and support, sir.

Made sure I had liability in place and a solid base before moving forward.

The margins aren’t an issue - Prices on the 308 won’t be going anywhere - I can pick up extra bullets and what-not elsewhere - I’m sure the deeper I go in this adventure, the more sources I’ll have after a while.

You have to remember - Federal and Hornady are asking $1.25 for the same exact round.

I’m doing some loads very similar to the military specs - Finding a good average and going from there.

Greatly appreciate the advice! Thank you!

I’d have to see what the 68 Hornady does, because I’ve tried them and simply could do what the 69 SMK does. I’ve done then in 3 different rifles with no good results.

Received a lot of PM's going both ways about my prices.

Look - Within reason, I can say Brass is going to cost me X from the Gov't auctions. I can say powder is going to cost Y because I have a good supplier. Primers I have up the wazoo. The only issue in this entire scenario is bullets.

Bullets have good lots and bad lots. The Amax I have in stock right now, was a very good lot. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad - I've had commercial ammo from Hornady that shot like garbage because the bullets were from a bad lot - It happens.

Sierra recently (from the other manufacturers I've spoken to) put out a decent lot and Hornady dropped a good one.

So from a customer service standpoint - I want you to have the best bullets possible, right? - So I'm going with the Hornady's. - If you want something else, that's fine too - I listed both Sierra and Hornady prices in the bullet weights. - Pick that when you order.

I was advised by pretty much all manufacturers to stay away from Nosler from the start - They're not concentric among other issues...I'm also the new guy so, we'll see what happens.

The only round that will really fluctuate in price due to cost of bullets is the RFA308 - 178/175. The most it's going to fluctuate is $0.10. - That's purely because of bullet cost.

Want a RFA308 with a juggernaut? Okay - That's doable, but because of how expensive Juggs are, I'm looking at $1.25/rd.

That puts me 5c under Federal Gold Metal 185's, but with that load, that's where I have to be.

I'm eating the shipping, I'm eating the overhead - There are a lot of costs you guys aren't seeing that I'm eating.

I appreciate the concern from everyone as well - My accountant is a badass and she knows what she's doing - With my other contract, I'm okay eating the overhead/shipping costs on this venture.

6 months after we get going, I'll reassess, but I'm actually really happy where the prices came out.

Don't sweat it over pricing, people either pay it or don't. Your sales volume will dictate whether the pricing structure is where it needs to be or not. I think there's room in the business that you will will have market share so long as the stuff performs. From there, once you have a customer base, use the pricing structure to regulate your work load. Or load in batches at the regular pricing when your schedule and components allow, and load custom in between and charge a premium even if it's a batch load that someone orders when it's not that batches turn on the machines.

I'm boosted about a good 77gr .223 option for my 26" bolt gun trainer. I'm in.

FYI, I have a custom .223, .300wm, and AI/AT 20" .308 and access to 1000y on a private range, if u need testers. I love what you're doing, dude.

Reactions: Precisiondada
Just some information for when I source testers.

I need multiple barrel lengths - So if 20 guys with 24" barrels hit me up - Sure a few setups are going to help, but I need velocities and twists - I need variation.

I'm actually an armorer so, I have access to military weapons. I'll be testing on a MK18, MK12, MK11, SASS, M110. - I don't really have access to civilian weapons so, this is where you guys come in.

I need chamber variation - Remingtons, Tikkas, Savage...If you shoot with a guy that's got a Savage and can test out 5 rounds of the 5.56 and you guys can chrono it - Okay, here's 5 extra rounds.

I'll be looking at testers for 7.62, 5.56 and 300BLK.

I tested my 300wm load thoroughly on an AIAXMC before I sold the rifle - I have 100rds of velocities and everything for 300WM. - I don't need testers for this.

I'll have a waiver for you to sign and an NDA. - The loads I'll be using and some of the powders are proprietary.

I haven't figured out how or what quantity I'm going to do for testing, but we'll cross that road when we do.

I'm ALWAYS looking for parts, another press, custom dies, if your buddy has 5k pieces of 5.56 LC - LET ME KNOW!!!

Thanks guys.

Just did a 500rd test run to see how everything meters.

Powder was +/- 0.2 with a standard deviation of 10% - Rigging up a micrometer to get it even tighter, but I’m stupid happy with where it is.

Looking good guys, looking good!

Reactions: Luvman
Here's the deal. I stated this earlier, but I'm refreshing everyone.

To be completely transparent -

This last batch of Sierra bullets was decent. Not great, not awe inspiring, not mouth opening - Decent.

The batch of Hornady bullets that I have on hand is awesome, something to actually write home about - Solid.

I have over 1000 of 178's, 75's, 208's etc. I actually have damned near 5000.

Now, I know these are good lots because I shot them, myself.

I'm going to supply these rounds to testers - Let the bullets speak for themselves.

I know some of you are on the fence about the bullets themselves - That's okay. I have absolute confidence that these rounds will perform beyond expectations.

My powder deviation was literally +/- 0.2 10% of the time for 500rds - That's phenomenal. I'm of course taking it a step further and I had custom micrometers made for me, but that's a good deviation. - That's better than Mil Spec - I've seen MK248's that were 0.4-0.5gr deviations 40% of the time in both directions. So, I'm happy.

I have custom small base dies and custom seating dies.

Working on getting a press setup just to swage/trim etc so, I don't have to do it by hand - Probably once we get going.

Once again - I'm re-purposing LC brass - 7.62 and 5.56 - You'll be able to reload it yourself. Many times over.
The 300BLK brass I use is completely re-purposed 5.56.

I'm swaging, FLS'ing with a SB, trimming, tumbling, polishing...The works.

Some of it is pulled/deprimed brass - It's all being treated the same.

For custom rounds - If you want a more expensive bullet - Okay, I'll work with you. We'll figure it out.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know - Thank you.

Last edited:
I know this may be a long shot but it's worth me asking. Is there any chance of a true long range range match load for the .30-06? I think it was Sniper Country that had HSM years ago make a bolt gun load (not downloaded to .308) with a 208 AMAX, they sold out quickly. There are quite a few of us here with long range .30-06s and all of us have to reload (I don't mind doing) but it would be nice to have some factory ammo for those that are pressed for time and can't always sit at the bench.

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
I know this may be a long shot but it's worth me asking. Is there any chance of a true long range range match load for the .30-06? I think it was Sniper Country that had HSM years ago make a bolt gun load (not downloaded to .308) with a 208 AMAX, they sold out quickly. There are quite a few of us here with long range .30-06s and all of us have to reload (I don't mind doing) but it would be nice to have some factory ammo for those that are pressed for time and can't always sit at the bench.
So, here's where I sit.

I really don't mind doing custom loads for anyone - Again, for me, I'm doing this for "fun".

That being said, I use custom dies to get a better product. I also have custom presses.

If I were to put my name on a 30-06 round, I'd need to have the dies made and thus, have enough interest to at least regain cost, for that product.

That's why I want to establish myself before moving into 6.5 Creedmoor because believe it or not, components alone are $1.25 so, to even recoup costs and overhead, I'd be at like $1.50. Hornady is at $1.30. So if you don't know who I am, you're not buying my ammo unless I've proven to you that it's worth buying.

I've had guys ask me if I'd reload on their brass because they don't have time. I'm okay with this, but all I'd be doing is subtracting the cost of brass from my costs. If you're okay with that - Cool.

I also don't mind doing custom loads, but the reality is that if I have to retool my machine, I need to bump up the cost because of the time investment.

If I do a load for you and it's slightly off - Say you want 0.5gr more of my powder. Okay, that's reasonable - Let's work out the cost difference. Done deal.

Say you want a longer COAL that pushes the bullet to the lands - Okay, that's reasonable - Let's work out the cost difference. Done deal.

I'm incredibly blunt, very transparent and I have an open communication policy. You can PM me. Email me. My business # will be on the packaging. I've sincerely, got you.

I'll reach out to LL to see if it's okay to reach out to those that have the LR .30-06s to see if there is enough interest for a group thing. I don't need a custom length or anything fancy, I would just like to have some factory ammo in a pinch for when I don't have time to sit at the bench. It's also good to have some factory ammo on hand, at least that's how I feel. I know the HSM 178 .30-06 ammo shot extremely well at 1000 yards when I shot it and I couldn't improve on it a whole lot with my handloads. I don't mind paying for performance and with there not being alot to choose from it's kinda moot as far as pricing goes.

I'm working with LL to be a supporting vendor or whatever it is.

Unfortunately, I dumped everything into the presses and what-not so, things are a little tight right now.

Apparently, as of today, I also have to charge Connecticut sales tax as well...So, that sucks.

If anyone has questions/comments/suggestions - Feel free to post them here, PM me, smoke signals - Whatever works for you.

I DO have a website, but it's geared towards instructing right now. I can't change it over until I get the go-ahead.

Not much out there for what I would call "Match" 30-06 and I have been looking.

Im not finding Fed GMM 30-06 with 168 SMKs at a reasonable price or local.

I was going to buy a case of relatively expensive SIG "Match" 30-06 loaded with 175 SMKs but when I was at their Pro shop they didnt have it in stock yet.

Currently Im shooting Creedmoor Sports Lapua brass, 167 Scenars Im buying from the CMP. Just picked up 100 a week or so ago was $135 IIRC.

I bought a shit ton of I4350 and plan on reloading.

Im standardizing my .308 bullets slowly but surely to 175SMK for .308 Win and 30-06.

Id be interested in what you got.

Hrm.

Looking into it - The Brass is what’s going to kill me.

Well, I can source the dies and everything, but it’s going to have to be a preorder and I don’t want to blindly give you guys a load.

Let me think on the best way to deliver that.

Right now, RFA556-75 has the most interest, followed by RFA308-178.

Folks - I need an idea of order quantities. If it performs and someone wants 1,000 rounds - That's something I need to be prepared for. - PM is fine - Or posting here is fine, whatever works.

Again - Transparency.

Brass - These are "reloads". I'm completely re-purposing the brass from start to finish. This isn't Ozark or Freedom "processed" garbage, I have a process and when I'm done, it's like new. There may be some scratches, dents and what-not because most of these were fired out of a Mk 48 I was testing, but they're cleaner and shinier than fresh brass. It's going to last you 8/9/10 reloads.

Bullets - The last batch of SMK's I had were garbage - So I'm starting off with Hornady match. Amax and BTHP's.

Now - I'll probably be doing email orders so that I can make a file on every one that orders. I'd want some information with your order - Who the manufacturer is of your rifle and barrel length.

Why? - Well, when you come to order again, you tell me how the ammo did. If we need to tweak it, we'll hone it in...Within reason, I'll dial your round in, for your rifle.

If I put 43gr of Varget behind a 175HPBT in a Bartlein, we're gtg - Do it in a Lilja or a Kreiger, that's going to be a little hot. So, shoot what you order, give me some feedback and next time you order, we'll have a round made just for you.

If you want a completely custom round, the cost difference + 10c is a fair place, I think.

If you want Juggs, okay - Place your order, I'll order them - Done.

Want Rl15 instead of Varget? Well - We'll have a discussion about the cost difference, but if that's what you want, place your order, I'll order the components - Done.

This isn't Southwest, custom orders are the only ones that will be queued. You'll get a daily progress update.

Once I get started and off the ground - If you folks want 30-06 and 260, 6.5 and 6 - We'll have that discussion. Those rounds will require some re-tooling on my part and most of the components, alone, put me at $1.25 - Not including my overhead.

30-06 may be something I can accommodate for sooner because of the RFA308...

For testers, for RFA308 we have a solid group of guys going - I need some more variation for 5.56. AR's we have for days - Anyone with a Remington or a Savage? Bartlein? McGowan?

For those that have been asking - My website is www.Smith-Tactical.com

Right now it's setup for instructing. Obviously that will be changing very soon...

Any questions/comments/suggestions - I'm around.

Always looking for parts - Got a 308 small base die? Let me know...5.56...30-06...Always going to find a need for parts.

Reactions: Estes640
Anyone who's interested in testing - Please PM/email or whatever, again.

I need your general contact information.
Name.
Email.
Firearm / Barrel / Barrel length / Chamber
What ammunition you'd be interesting in testing.

I'll be sending an NDA and a waiver via email.

Basic NDA - Share pictures all day, but the rest is "classified".
Waiver saying I'm not responsible if you do something stupid. You're covered if the ammo does.

We're still months out from production, but I'd like to get my ducks in a row.

Need 556 testers and 762 testers.

I'm not going to change the website over until we get off the ground. - Thank you for everyone that says it looks nice etc.

I recently obtained (from Midway) some IMI 7.62x51 168gr Semi-Auto Match; and I tested it in a 24" Savage 11VT and my friend shot it in his PSA-10 308. We both got nice results.

The thing I like most is that it's precisely the load that my Bushnell 308 BDC reticle is calibrated for.

Now, it looks a lot like I'm going to be getting a CMP Special (308) M1 Garand. I'm think that IMI stuff might be a very nice complement to that acquisition.

But what I'd really rather be doing is buying my 308 Garand fodder from someone a lot more like yourself, instead of sending that much buckage across the Atlantic.

Seriously, I'm just some very small change in the grander scheme of things.

But I do think there's a genuine market for a match grade 308 load that's not being built to reach the top row of the grandstands. Perhaps some others might concur.

When I build 168/175 308 match, I use the same charge, generally 42.2gr of IMR-4064; have for many years.

These days, I've started using Hornady components (Brass/Projectiles), especially for 30-06 Garand loads (I make up a lot of them in En -Blocs).

My Garand loads for the 30-06 150 FMJ W/C is 50.0gr IMR-4064, and for the 168 FMJBT Match is 48.1 of IMR-4064. There's nothing secret about them, they've been appearing on this site for well over a decade.

Greg

PS, I'm not applying as a tester. That's a commitment that I can probably no longer service properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_in_FL
But I do think there's a genuine market for a match grade 308 load that's not being built to reach the top row of the grandstands. Perhaps some others might concur.

Your input is appreciated.

It actually sort of is being built to reach the top row of the grandstands, for the lawn seat prices.

Same with the RFA556...

To each their own.

NDA's will be sent out this week - As well as waivers.

Again guys - If something shoots like shit, we're developing something for "everyone", tell me, we'll tweak it a bit and find a good baseline for everyone...While we're doing that, I'll also have the information for your custom load. Provided it's not too far off from stock - Every time you order from me, it'll be your custom ammunition. Don't want that bullet? Let's figure it out. My powder isn't working? Let's figure out if TAC or RL is better.

Thank you everyone.

Okay guys.

I worked things out with LL - We’re gtg now.

I think this thread did a lot of good. We found that a ton of people are interested in RFA 308 and RFA 556.

I was on the fence about my contract load for 300blk going public - I worked it out with them and all of my 300BLk is available to you guys as well, now.

My 300BLK loads are loaded with fresh LC that’s been processed and since I’m setup for different bullets already, I’ll do 300blk orders by the bullet. They’ll be anywhere from 80c-$1.

I’ve given a lot of thought about performance 30-06 and I’m in. As I get closer to production I’ll source components and we’ll get you guys setup with a high end match load.

A group buy isn’t necessary, I just need a round count.

6.5cm/6 - I’m in as well. Same as above, it’s going to take time for me to source the brass, dies and bullets, but I’ll get there.

I understand that some of you are on the fence - I’m the new guy. Absolutely okay, respect is earned and I have full confidence I’ll earn it in time.

Testers - Thank you again, you know who you are, it’s very much appreciated.

Again, if anyone has dies, components or anything reloading related you want to get rid of, give me a shout, I’ll probably be interested.

Thank you all - This wouldn’t be possible without you.

Always here for questions, comments or suggestions.

Have a range day tomorrow.

Will be testing the RFA300BLK out of both a MK18 and a MK12.

Will also be testing the RFA308 out of a Buddy’s RPR and an M40.

My chrono is unfortunately not available, but I’m confident we’re where we should be.

Have a range day tomorrow.

Will be testing the RFA300BLK out of both a MK18 and a MK12.

Will also be testing the RFA308 out of a Buddy’s RPR and an M40.

My chrono is unfortunately not available, but I’m confident we’re where we should be.

300BLK is my choice for deer. I assume you’ll be offering a 110-125gr loaf?

I’m shooting hornaday black 110gr AMaX. It does about an inch or so at 50yds. Perfect for the KY backwoods. 100yds might as well be a mile at some of the places I hunt. I’m paying about $.80/rd.

If yours is comparably priced and comparably accurate I’m in. No need to tailor a load to my rifle. It’s just an AR with an AAC branded barrel.

I’m shooting hornaday black 110gr AMaX. It does about an inch or so at 50yds. Perfect for the KY backwoods. 100yds might as well be a mile at some of the places I hunt. I’m paying about $.80/rd.

If yours is comparably priced and comparably accurate I’m in. No need to tailor a load to my rifle. It’s just an AR with an AAC branded barrel.

I believe I priced out 110 at about 85c/rd.

I’m still pricing for bulk orders, I could probably get it down to 80c.

So, range day went badly - Ended up with one of the kids and...We left my setup bag at home. No rear bag, no bipod, no suppressor, it was a shit show.

I’m going to regroup and try to get out tomorrow or Wednesday.

I have 200yd setup where I shoot, left it setup so I could just go back and get going.

Sorry this wasn’t more interesting with pictures.

Range day today to make up for the shit-show from the other day.

I'm way behind in NDA's because my lawyer just finished with my town (Finally got my variance) and now he's starting today on NDA's and waivers. - They should go out by Friday.

I want to mention something though - Velocity.

Now, I get a TON of PM's and emails and everything else about how if I don't beat 2800fps, the round is useless and "I'm wasting my time buying your ammunition". - Honestly, I'm not trying to be a dick, but do whatever makes you happy? I mean, I don't know how to respond to that...I know what I WANT to say, but for the sake of being a decent human being, I'll refrain.

So here's the deal.

If I go buy a box of FGMM or Hornady Black right now (I did this yesterday), the powder variation is +/- 0.25, the seating variation is +/- 0.1, everything is just a little off, there's no consistency.

That variation at 500+ yds is substantial. If my powder is off 0.25gr that's a 75-100fps throw and if the bullet is deeper or not seated the same, you're losing consistency. 0.25gr may not seem like a lot, but it really is. Especially when it's happening like 50% of the time.

M118LR is NOTORIOUSLY off +/- 0.5 like 80% of the time.

I'm not here to knock Hornady or Federal or LC - I'm not making any claims about superiority, I'm simply making a point.

Honorable mention - I'm not here to burn down any barns. If I can give you a hole in hole product that's 2700fps, I'm taking that all day long compared to the 2850fps round that's 2moa.

My mission is to eliminate those variances. To give you bullets that are all seated within 0.01, to give you powder that's metered within 0.1, to give you brass that's as thick as Donkey Kong's balls while being reload-able, high quality primers that ALWAYS go boom - This is my endgame gentleman.

Every single order that I'll be taking has your round, how much you've ordered, your feedback, any tweaks you want and how it performed. I want you to have the comfort and confidence in knowing that you're getting the same exact product, every single time and if we need to make it faster, slower or anything, it can be done efficiently. If you need that round pushed to the lands, give me your freebore, we'll figure it out. Reasonable amount more powder? Okay. Less powder? Okay. This round didn't work for your chamber? Okay, let's find one that does.

This is all about being completely open, extremely transparent and providing high quality ammunition to high quality shooters.

I'll post my range data hopefully this evening, but we have family coming over so it'll be up by tomorrow.

****Testers - I'll reach out with an accurate timeline when I get the NDA's in hand.

Thank you as always.

Last edited:
Okay - It was hot and windy, had a guy with us in another lane shoot my target.

Otherwise, good day. These were 208 Amax at 200yds in +/- 5mph of wind.

20 rounds - 4 groups of 5 shots each, included fliers.

The 2 flyers are from walking off for @20mins in between. Far right is the guy that shot my target from the other lane. :oops:

The 220s did well, but not at the powder drop I was expecting. So I did two variations.

5 top right was where it got windy and the hot load. 5rds.

Middle group is the light load. 10rds.

Going to tweak these a bit more and 300BLK will be good to go.

Last edited:
I guess the velocity ES increases with distance due to drag?

That’s a hard question to answer since there are a variety of factors here.

I’m always going to go for the fastest round without overpressuring, but there are scenarios like vertical dispersion, burn rate, inconsistencies with the load...

At the end of the day, your rifle might perform significantly better at the lighter load than the hotter one. It might perform much better at 2750 than 2850 - And that’s okay, we’ll call an audible on my factory load and get you there.

I can tell you that my SPS 16” 300blk tactical rifle prefers the lighter charge. Look at the spread 1gr more of powder produced. Same bullets.

Every rifle is unique, I want to help you get the best performance, every single shot downrange.

Okay, a couple things.

Range day yesterday was 300blk Subs, 220gr and 208gr. Tried a few different powders, different metering and seating.

200yds, subs, groups 0.75moa or less? - I'll take it.

So we're gtg on 300blk with some tweaks.

I know most of you wanted a full spectrum range day, that's going to happen once I get the new presses in the shop and dial in the equipment.

I'm going to start pushing the RFA556 55/68/77 now. All are going to be match bthp's.

RFA308 is going to be 178/168/155. Match BTHP's.

-- One question I get a lot is why are you reloading brass?

LC 7.62/5.56 is 25% thicker than anything else on the market and also (in my experience) allows for the most reloads.

I'm fully processing the brass. I will also be annealing the brass once I get everything in. You'd never know it was reloaded unless I told you.

I COULD buy new brass, but then my RFA308 wouldn't be $1. RFA556 wouldn't be 0.85c - I'm trying to provide you with the best product possible for the cheapest price, possible. In my experience, that's LC/WCC/FC nato stamped and fully processed.

-- Another question I get a lot is will I give discounts on bulk purchases?

Yes, I will give discounts.

On orders of 1000 or more rounds, it will be a 10% discount. So a case of RFA308 would typically be $1,000.00 - It'll instead be $900 + Shipping. A case of RFA556 would typically cost $850.00 - It'll instead be $765.00 + Shipping.

On orders of 500 or more rounds, it will be a 5% discount. So ca case of RFA308 would typically be $500.00 - It'll instead be $475 + Shipping. So a case of RFA556 would typically cost $425.00 - It'll instead cost $403.75 + Shipping.

-- Another question I get a lot is will I be doing 260/6mm/6.5?

The answer is YES. Once I get the new shop setup, I will be testing and producing all of the above.

I'm not doing reloaded brass on 6.5cm/6mm/6.5GT/260 because there's no real benefit to pass onto you guys.

With the M118 brass, I can say it's thicker and better, it's worth the work.

With 6.5 brass, that argument really doesn't exist anymore. I just have to pick a manufacturer and go.

I already have a load developed for all of the above, so once I get setup, it'll be gtg.

-- Is your product made in America?

Never thought I'd get that question, but yes, everything is - Every component is...Every round is assembled right in the shitty state of Connecticut.

-- Are you really going to customize our factory ammo every order?

Yes.

I'm having custom machines made with 8 die slots on each press. Digital powder readouts, pressure sensors...They're going to be amazing. I could make almost any adjustment you wanted.

Tweaking a custom load for every customer is actually easy - It's just a matter of being provided with specific feedback.

Look at my 300BLK SPS Tactical. I would've told you, the hotter load would do better BEFORE I shot it, I would've bet you on it. Turns out that cutting my barrel shorter, changed the harmonics. So, now it prefers lighter loads.

Losing 1gr of powder, tightened that group from 1.68 MOA to 0.68 MOA and I guarantee you, once I drop it another 0.5gr, that group will be under 0.25moa.

That's an adjustment I can make in under 5 minutes with a couple runs of metering the powder down. I'm cool with that.

Different bullets? Okay - Here's the price difference, if you're cool with the bullets being 10-20c more or whatever per round, I also have to re-tool the machine so, it'll be 10c more per rd - If that's cool, done. (Bulk discounts will be applicable as well)

Want RL15 instead of whatever? Okay, here's the price difference per load, I have to re-tool the machine...If the 10c more per rd + The difference is cool with you - Done. (Bulk discounts will be applicable as well)

-- Testers - Where are my NDA's??!?!

I'm told they'll be here tomorrow.

I'll be manufacturing the loads over the next few weeks for you guys. I've been having some dead primer issues in the 300blk - Trying to figure out if they got wet or what the cause is before I go full ham. Last thing I want is for a tester to have a dead primer.

Any other questions are ALWAYS welcome.

Sorry guys, things have been insane. Getting liability insurance...The ATF...Ugh.

NDA's were supposed to go out today, but I think my lawyer is preparing for an arraignment on one of his other clients so, today is a no-go.

Once you get the NDAs - Just fill them out and send me a picture back with it signed and everything.

It was suggested to me, by several people actually, now that I caught up on email - That I abandon the military aspect of the ammunition and push on with just making high quality ammunition.

I agree with them actually. - It makes sense.

RFA308 will stay the same.
RFA223
RFA300BLK
RFA300wm

So on and so forth.

I will be releasing a 6.5cm round down the line, a 6mm and a 260.

30-06 is on the list as well.

Customizable, precise, high quality match ammunition, with high quality components at a solid-price point.

Thank you thus far - We'll get this done and push forward.

I have another range day this week, the tweaks on 300blk will be present and I'll also be shooting RFA308.

New Labradar is coming. We'll see if it gets here before or not.

Thanks guys.

I originally wasn’t sourcing testers for 300wm, but at this point it would be in my best interests to do so.

Those that are interested in testing 300wm, please message me.

Thank you.

My NDA's WILL go out today. - I just got them, I have to make 3/4 changes and then individualize each one.

****** Scratch that, need one of the changes signed off on. Wednesday 07/03/19 is my new target.

I AM accepting 300wm testers.

A couple people asked - My prices are generally staying the same...

RFA308 - $1
RFA223 - 85c
RFA300wm - $2
RFA300blk - 90c

If I push into Sierra for 223, the price will go up to 90c/rd.

If I do Juggs for 308 - Price will go up to $1.25

Case discounts - 10%/1000 - 5%/500

My 6.5/6/260 will be competitively priced.

About it.

Last edited:
Okay guys,

NDA's are done and are going out now.

I'd like to clarify a couple of things.

1 - I'm not using an off the shelf powder. I'm using something proprietary that is very similar to varget. I ask that, you don't take the rounds apart and tinker. Please. I ask that you take this NDA seriously. Report results, all day long, that's fine, but please don't attempt to backdoor science this shit.

2 - This is round 1 of testing. If the round shoots like shit, report back to me and we'll hone it in. Have some basic understanding that this will be a 2/3 stage process on honing the correct load, in and finding a best fit for my factory round.

3 - All rounds will be within Saami specifications. I'm not taking any chances, let's walk before we run.

4 - I have 0 issues using SMK's or Juggs or whatever down the line, but please understand that my pricing is based on a 35c bullet. If you're asking for a bullet that costs me 55/60c my cost per round has to increase.

5 - In order for testing to begin, my liability insurance HAS to be in place and saying I'm having a difficult time as a new manufacturer, is the understatement of the century. There's certainly enough interest through you guys alone that, I believe it will pay for itself, it's literally just a matter of getting my policy in place.

6 - I'm looking for any and all reloading components. It's taken me 6 Redding dies to find a small base that's within the tolerances I need, 4 Forester dies to find a crimp die that works the way it should. If you have a 260, 6.5cm, 30-06 or a 6mm die, let me know - There's a high likelihood that if you didn't abuse it, I'll buy it from you. I'm ALWAYS looking for LC brass in 5.56/7.62.

Thank you gentlemen.

NDA's are out to everyone. Please message me if I missed you.

While I understand the apprehension most of you have about the Hornady bullets, every 55gr, 75gr, 155, 168gr, 178gr and 208gr has been perfect in all of my testing thus far.

My Labradar will be back in my hands this week and I'll get some real testing done by the end of this week or early next week.

I'm very serious about the "factory custom" approach. It's something I don't think will be matched at all. My approach to ammunition is very different from other manufacturers in that I'll have a file on all of you with your order, how you want it tweaked, how the load performed and how we can make it better and I have the capability of doing that at a factory pace.

Once I get the Hornady stuff on shelves, I'll be doing SMK stock runs as well. The Hornady and SMK will be considered factory stock. 55s, 77s, 155s, 168s, 175s.

The only time my prices will fluctuate, really is when it's 185's or hunting bullets.

As I said before 30-06, 6.5cm, 260 and 6mm are on my short list. - Those will hopefully come by the end of the year.

Last edited:
Just got my 10,000 pieces of 5.56 processed.

Now getting my 7.62 processed.

I'll have pictures of the completed product up sometime next week.

I've received most of the NDA's - I'll plug through those and return them to everyone as completed contracts.

My NEW Labradar is supposed to be here, of course it's not...Big surprise.

I'll be testing 5.56/7.62 sometime next week, more towards the end of the week.

200yds - I anticipate nothing, but really fucking awesomeness.

New presses are being made for me - They'll be ready by early next month.

Liability is getting worked out as we speak.

Prices will stay the same for the stock offerings. Still 85c for MK262 equivalent. $1 for M118LR equivalent and $2 for MK248 equivalent.

Really coming together folks.

Thank you again.