• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How the BIden admin made sure texans froze to death

Not sure why the hate on Texas. Yes, we have our issues. Most states do. Third world? I'd have to draw the line there. Fuck you. However, why kick the mule? Ok so we had some problems? I haven't asked for your help or sympathy? Didn't take any of your tax dollars? Didn't get any Covid stimulus? What's your point? I didn't freeze, don't live in a Mc...whatever the fuck? Piss off

Reactions: Stevo86
oh good Lord, here comes the spoon feed.

to your Pex love affair, how many houses in the giant state of Texas are older than 15-20 years old? id say a lot. How many new construction houses are built within the last 10 years, are using pex? a lot. So what is your actual point about Texas and pex? Should several million homes rip out PVC and copper and go back with pex when the actual incidence of a waterline within a home seeing below freezing temperature over the next 30+ years will be nearly zero? pex is fine, so is PVC. they have their place. Pex is actually susceptible to rodent damage. to play devil's advocate, pex will see infinitely more interaction with chewing rodents than it will with exposure to sub-freezing temperatures in most every part of Texas.

question for you: my buddy had his booster pump on his well completely freeze and crack the casing on the pump. Can you explain how pex could have helped him in this instance? should he have used it like electrical shrink wrap around the pump, or wrap it in pex like a baseball bat handle??

you keep saying people are building in flood zones.... because no they are not. flood plains are heavily regulated and it takes a hell of a lot of hoops and criteria that is needed to actually build within a regulated fema floodplain. Now, there were houses and have been houses built where floodplains were then delineated around them. Should they have to tear down their homes if they have never been flooded, just because they are within a flood plain? for your FYI, Atlas 14 rainfall data is going to revise floodplains to where a shitload more people, who have never seen or been involved in a flood event, will be within a floodplain.

in short, depending on what the area is, building in a floodplain could be perfectly fine and 100% prudent. in other places its not. but your blanket statements are ignorant.

no one ever said having a fireplace is bad... how do you have one in ALL multifamily apartment buildings? where would the firewood be stored? why would those fireplaces be necessary south of Corpus Christi where the temperature gets below freezing once every 5 years or so? Fireplaces are fine, but if people dont want to pay to build them in their houses, they dont need to. end of story.

nothing is bad about a generator but there are millions of people who live in apartments, and there are millions who live in single family houses. most houses in Texas have rarely, if EVER, experienced a WINTER power outage. contrary to the dumbassery in the media, millions of people in Texas last week DID NOT LOSE POWER. so, you are pushing that every family should own some sort of a generator? one that in all likelyhood will never get used? that just doesnt make much sense at all.

your main point in this thread is that everything is built cheaply in Texas because McMansions and we should immediately start building them like they are located in northern michigan, regardless of the actual geographical conditions or weather conditions, and regardless of cost. my point is that you're wrong and you should feel bad for being wrong.

Most people never need to use a gun or fire extinguisher ether, still good things to have.

This was pretty basic, I mentioned something about pex being way better than PVC and someone actually said it wasn’t, that’s what started this.

In my home I did replace my PVC, I was doing some work anyways and the risk of having a water burst vs the expense and time in swapping over made sense for me, got a good deal on a gen set, and if I build or buy another home it’ll have a central fireplace

That’s just me, some folks think carrying a 6 shot 38 is more than fine, others think anything shy of 16rds of 9mm HSTs and at least one backup mag is asking for death in CCW.
Both are right, each pick their own risk tolerance, but in a fire fight trying to argue that 6 rounds of 38 beats 16 rounds of 9mm with a reload isn’t better, well that’s just wrong, this is basically my pex statement.

I’m not sure how this deeply offended you, and it’s not “chest thumping” lol, I really don’t care what you do, win the lotto, or get hit by a bus and I’m still going to eat my steak, if my comment on pex triggered you and you need to self censor my posts, that’s odd, but ok.

All in I basically said don’t rely on local gov, don’t build or plan for the good times, shit happens, building or planning for such is a good idea, I thought that would resonate with folks on a shooting forum.

I don’t think the people of TX are third world for the most part, I think the government has proven it’s not up to the job, and to have infrastructure that allows the issues we have seen, that’s third world.

I’m over this topic, never thought folks were so damn defensive of PVC :)

Last edited:
I see this shit all the time(thermometer) , never once have I asked for help . Funny how all the texans talk so tough on these gun forums .

1614305513006.png

Dude, I love Texas. I think everybody just likes giving out a ration of shit even more than they like Texas.

Reactions: BufordTJustice
You have my curiosity peaked. Of course puppets aren't responsible. If its something negative and someone other than Trump/conservatives are responsible I HIGHLY doubt we will hear about it.
I read it somewhere, most likely in the first round of finger pointing. I am not sure the Truth about any topic will ever be known in this country again.
One must sort through a 3 minimum of versions just to get the key points to decide what or where to focus. The Blame game never did work for me, I threw the towel at a young age. We're fucked, all I got.

Most people never need to use a gun or fire extinguisher ether, still good things to have.

This was pretty basic, I mentioned something about pex being way better than PVC and someone actually said it wasn’t, that’s what started this.

In my home I did replace my PVC, I was doing some work anyways and the risk of having a water burst vs the expense and time in swapping over made sense for me, got a good deal on a gen set, and if I build or buy another home it’ll have a central fireplace

That’s just me, some folks think carrying a 6 shot 38 is more than fine, others think anything shy of 16rds of 9mm HSTs and at least one backup mag is asking for death in CCW.
Both are right, each pick their own risk tolerance, but in a fire fight trying to argue that 6 rounds of 38 beats 16 rounds of 9mm with a reload isn’t better, well that’s just wrong, this is basically my pex statement.

I’m not sure how this deeply offended you, and it’s not “chest thumping” lol, I really don’t care what you do, win the lotto, or get hit by a bus and I’m still going to eat my steak, if my comment on pex triggered you and you need to self censor my posts, that’s odd, but ok.

All in I basically said don’t rely on local gov, don’t build or plan for the good times, shit happens, building or planning for such is a good idea, I thought that would resonate with folks on a shooting forum.

I don’t think the people of TX are third world for the most part, I think the government has proven it’s not up to the job, and to have infrastructure that allows the issues we have seen, that’s third world.

I’m over this topic, never thought folks were so damn defensive of PVC :)

Keep continuing to use a fire extinguisher and gun as a false equivalence argument. Another fail post, it's getting unfortunate.

The Blame game never did work for me, I threw the towel at a young age. We're fucked, all I got.
You mean facing consequences for one's actions? A thousand people could have died in Texas and no one in the federal government or its derivatives will ever be held accountable.

Last edited:
coriolis.jpg

Up for sale: One 1:4 Gain Twist 6.5 Black anodized Pex composite Bull(ish) Barrel equipped with VJJPunisher's Coriolis Compensator + slightly oxidized pump jack. $9817 and 13 pennies. Hurry before I change my mind!

Reactions: Milo 2.5
Ok, I’m grasping at straws, so

How is PVC better than pex?

Why is building in a flood zone good

Why is having a central fire place bad?

Why is a generator bad?

You have established your theory that I have no clue what I’m talking about and I’m obviously wrong. My main points in this thread were what I listed above.

So go on.....
I'm not being a shit here, so don't take it that way, but, when I bought my house in Wisc., I crawled under it, into a 4.5' crawl space and noticed all my plumbing is PVC, even in the bathroom walls (did a remodel in '16), kitchen sink, etc.. My house (modular, not a "stick" build) was 22 years old when I bought it. I have now lived in it for 24 years. The winters are cold in Wisc., like -10 deg..
My "PVC" plumbing is not wrapped and has never split, cracked, and/or leaked, since I've lived here (I check it every fall, before winter sets in), looks as good as when it was put in, as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm just lucky?? Mac

Last edited:
You mean facing consequences for one's actions? A thousand people could have died in Texas and no one in the Federalist government or its derivatives will ever be held accountable.
Sadly, I believe the same. I did read an article today, headline even claiming the guy was a lib, that was the headline. It seemed like an honest description of what unfolded. He explained TX desire to deregulate, all the shortcomings associated with it. Failure to heed warnings of 2011 cold snap, blah, blah.
The blame, deregulation, cure, public utilities. Did enough die, or cause enough disruption to change? A 5K bill for a week would have me upset, 15K, whoa.

Keep continuing to use a fire extinguisher and gun as a false equivalence argument. Another fail post, it's getting unfortunate.

Using better methods and products to shield from not super likely, but possible bad unforeseen circumstances, you cant connect those dots? unfortunate indeed

Sadly, I believe the same. I did read an article today, headline even claiming the guy was a lib, that was the headline. It seemed like an honest description of what unfolded. He explained TX desire to deregulate, all the shortcomings associated with it. Failure to heed warnings of 2011 cold snap, blah, blah.
The blame, deregulation, cure, public utilities. Did enough die, or cause enough disruption to change? A 5K bill for a week would have me upset, 15K, whoa.

Its crazy that, they blame it on deregulation.. because if comrade community leader doesn’t tell us how to build a home we are doomed! dooooooomed! And if community leader says to use crap products and methods, we'll do that too, because community leader knows best. Honestly we need to deregulate MUCH more, take the damn training wheels off and let some of the doodoo birds of society go extinct

Last edited:
I'm not being a shit here, so don't take it that way, but, when I bought my house in Wisc., I crawled under it, into a 4.5' crawl space and noticed all my plumbing is PVC, even in the bathroom walls (did a remodel in '16), kitchen sink, etc.. My house (modular, not a "stick" build) was 22 years old when I bought it. I have now lived in it for 24 years. The winters are cold in Wisc., like -10 deg..
My "PVC" plumbing is not wrapped and has never split, cracked, and/or leaked, since I've lived here (I check it every fall, before winter sets in), looks as good as when it was put in, as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm just lucky?? Mac

My moms house has PVC and copper, it has had no problems ether, another friend HATES guns, obviously doesnt CCW he's never had a issue where he says a gun would have helped him, I know of lots of folks who dont have fire extinguishers and more than a few who have removed the batteries out of smoke detectors, they never had a problem, most of my friends dont have a med kit in their cars, never had a need for one, etc etc etc When things are running normal, or semi normal, these items and practices are not NEEDED, nice but not needed, when things go a little kaka, well thats when you have the "if only I would have" thoughts.

Do I think you are going to burst your pipes by tomorrow, of course not, but if you ever have a target of opportunity situation where your pipes are exposed, Id work on swapping over. And if you decided to build a detached shop or guest house, it would be penny wise and pound foolish to not go pex.

Yeah, but you're not in TX. 😉

Reactions: 10ring'r
Yeah, but you're not in TX. 😉

Lucky him. It's a third world shit hole down here. Children run around unshod in piles of broken PVC fittings, no one has fireplaces so we've been burning in 55 gallon barrels, mostly old tires. There's no power at all, anywhere, and the outdoor fires we have started for warmth are engulfing the McMansions that completely cover the floodplains down here.

Stay away, don't look at us, but send PEX. It's the penicillin of the 21st century.

Last edited:
And I’m still excited for my walk tomorrow with a -40 windchill. But if I get frozed up or blowed away, please don’t blame anyone else for me being a dumbass.

And I’m still excited for my walk tomorrow with a -40 windchill. But if I get frozed up or blowed away, please don’t blame anyone else for me being a dumbass.

its because you dont have a generator plugged into your ass. which is your fault, and you're no better than people who live in Somalia.

Lucky him. It's a third world shit hole down here. Children run around unshod in piles of broken PVC fittings, no one has fireplaces so we've been burning in 55 gallon barrels, mostly old tires. There's no power at all, anywhere, and the outdoor fires we have started for warmth are engulfing the McMansions that completely cover the floodplains down here.

Stay away, don't look at us, but send PEX. It's the penicillin of the 21st century.

but you have those sweet looking Texas stars on all the overpasses, never mind that entire roll of carpet in the middle of the freeway lol

I like Texas, I really do, wouldn’t be my first choice of states, but it’s in my top 5.

Reactions: BufordTJustice
Interesting article. Wind generation took a long vacation. Thank God that NG was available to close the gap.

View attachment 7567804
It basically seems that the "problem" is that Texas didn't have enough energy capacity for an event that was very unlikely to happen. That sucks in the moment, but it is not unreasonable policy.

Reactions: Charger442
but you have those sweet looking Texas stars on all the overpasses, never mind that entire roll of carpet in the middle of the freeway lol

I like Texas, I really do, wouldn’t be my first choice of states, but it’s in my top 5.
Move it to your bottom 5, then tell everyone you know.
I mean, if I owned Texas and Hell, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas.

Millions of people, where they almost never even use heaters, on 7 days notice, who have mostly probably never seen a freeze, and have no idea how to prepare for it, should have been abe to round up all the recourses they needed for this in 7 days. I bet there aren't enough fuel powered heaters in that part of TX to cover 1% of the population.

Generators, heaters, food, and fuel. Ok now the store shelves are empty and there are still millions left unprepared. What next?

What we saw is more than likely a once in a lifetime event. The people who just learned these lessons, will probably never have to apply them again. Their children will likely be ill prepared when this happens again in another 50-100 years or so. There will probably be a new found market for space heaters in places like Galveston for a few years, after a decade of never getting used, they will be relegated to trash heaps, and stuffed in attics and basements.

People had their pipes freeze all over CO too.
spot on

Here in NJ, most are not prepared for another Sandy despite it happening less than 8yrs ago. People just think, 'shoprite is open, I'll go get what I need'. dumbasses the lot

While some are busy hating on Texas and PVC, how about a diatribe upon heat pumps and their contribution to the huge spike in electricity demand? Anyone?

Some of us still have high seer air conditioners and gas furnaces for climate control. I spent a similar freeze that went to 14-20 degrees for a couple of days in the mid 80's in northwest Houston. The power went out, no big deal, out came the sleeping bag and other camping gear.

How many people expire of heat stroke during unusual heat waves up thataway?

they are = they're

something they possess = their

While some are busy hating on Texas and PVC, how about a diatribe upon heat pumps and their contribution to the huge spike in electricity demand? Anyone?

Some of us still have high seer air conditioners and gas furnaces for climate control. I spent a similar freeze that went to 14-20 degrees for a couple of days in the mid 80's in northwest Houston. The power went out, no big deal, out came the sleeping bag and other camping gear.

How many people expire of heat stroke during unusual heat waves up thataway?

Most serious cold areas are ether using heating oil (diesel, kerosene, jet a, etc), propane, or wood, where I lived the AC was only used to knock the humidity down a little in the summer, and half the people didn’t even bother with AC. That’s the thing about not building with a central fireplace, if you never NEED it, it’s still pretty and cozy and all for Christmas and the like.

Current place has a heat pump as well as propane, heat pump isn’t great for heating if the temp gets too low, fireplace isn’t a option sadly for logistical reasons, get power from the grid, or solar or diesel.

I know some guys who got NVG$ and plate carriers and all because “what if” but they can’t even pick up a little used Honda generator for their house.

Reactions: lariat
Most serious cold areas are ether using heating oil (diesel, kerosene, jet a, etc), propane, or wood, where I lived the AC was only used to knock the humidity down a little in the summer, and half the people didn’t even bother with AC. That’s the thing about not building with a central fireplace, if you never NEED it, it’s still pretty and cozy and all for Christmas and the like.

Current place has a heat pump as well as propane, heat pump isn’t great for heating if the temp gets too low, fireplace isn’t a option sadly for logistical reasons, get power from the grid, or solar or diesel.

I know some guys who got NVG$ and plate carriers and all because “what if” but they can’t even pick up a little used Honda generator for their house.
We use propane and wood. Wood is for ambience 99% of the time, but in a really cold snap, we need it. We also have a whole house generator, but honestly, it is hit or miss if the temperature is low enough. I have some shit to figure out with it this spring, but I can't now because the back side is totally snowed in. Still, if the power goes out, and it is really cold, we have five or six cord of wood that can keep us warm enough. Not ultimate comfort warm, but no big deal. As my neighbors say, it just don't pay to not be able to heat the house.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I think it all boils down to preparation and capability. I tell my kids all the time, better to be prepared...and being capable is never a bad thIng. What I don't understand....someone help me with this, people bitch, post on social media, but can't,won't take care of themselves? It's ALWAYS someone else's fault or responsibility. How'd we get here? Same thing with shooting? Expensive gear doesn't make you capable.

Look, if I've said it once I said it a hundred times;

It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Work smarter, not harder.

18573302-A81C-4381-9592-F63C8510F37B.jpeg

The car ahead of us would not move when light was green. I got out to check. Driver was frozen solid. I blame google play.

President Kameltoe sure hates Texas .

Texas Faces New Power Crisis: Prices Soar 10,000% As ERCOT Urges Power Conservation Amid Grid 'Emergency'​

With a cold front moving through the Lone Star state some generation units were already down for repair work. Bloomberg reports one spot price for Texas power jumped as much as 10,000% on Tuesday.

ERCOT told customers to please "conserve energy at this time. Consumers and businesses are urged to reduce their electricity use this afternoon and into the evening."

Texas' power grid operator also said:
"Due to a combination of high gen outages typical in April & higher-than-forecasted demand caused by a stalled cold front over TX, ERCOT may enter emergency conditions.

In particular, the average spot on-peak electricity at Ercot’s North Hub jumped more than 10,000% to $1,975.96 a megawatt-hour as of 4 p.m, according to grid data compiled by Genscape. Prices are capped at $2,000 a megawatt hour, after regulators suspended the previous $9,000 cap following the energy crisis.

“This is not an extended winter storm that is going to last five days,” Ercot Vice President of Grid Planning and Operations Woody Rickerson told reporters during a briefing. “This is a shorter event.”

Many power plants schedule annual maintenance for this time of year, when demand is expected to be lower due to lower temperatures. A few plants were also offline to make repairs related to the February storm, Rickerson said.

Reactions: diverdon
not surprising not even a little bit Biden = pro communist and is against everything pro American Texas = pro American ideals , the Alamo government working as it should for the people you would have to be a politician not to see both sides are totally against the other in every way . And any chance the other side gets to stab the pro American side in the back they will jump on while the pro american politicians will turn a blind eye to the radical left and play nice .
Beware the ides of march of Cesar

Reactions: diverdon
Just my humble option, but you can't blame outsiders for Texas' troubles.

It's hot in AZ, and people die of the heat all the time. It's cold in Montana and AK, and people die of the cold all the time.

No one in those places ever started whining about not having proper shelter (a basic survival need you might want to address yourself), blamed it on the democrats or even the government generally, and no one from Texas came running to help. I guess this is why everyone thinks Texas is such as special place.

Maybe if you didn't have like 450 disorganized archaic counties in Texas, Texas could pull together a common plan so people outside the metros wouldn't die of exposure, but that's obviously not plausible with what the state has to work with.

The state needs to be reorganized into maybe 15 counties to get anything done. Unfortunately, back in the day, every rancher wanted to have his brothers be the county judge and the county sheriff, and that's how the state still sort of rolls.
WTF are you babbling about? You sound like your leader Biden. Nobody in Texas whined because they didn't have enough shelter. We are pissed because you dumbfuck slimeball Dems pushed your Green New Deal solar and wind energy on us and it couldn't support the grid load.

"450 disorganized archaic counties" *snort* Shut up. Just stfu.

Guys,
question for you all:

So I watched a George Floyd video on Youtube, wanting to learn a little about what you guys are discussing. So Youtube now thinks I'm into watching videos of the ghettos. It is pushing these videos of walking/driving thru these terrible hoods in Philly, LA, etc. I'm seeing a lot of people hunched over, staggering around with their head down on the ground. It looks terrible and I'm seeing it in multiple spots, and frequently.

Why are these people doing that? Is it the side effect of some drug?

Thanks.

These ghetto videos are really sad, depressing statements about lives wasted in modern America. To have access to all these freedoms, economic opportunities and amenities in this great country, its a disaster that so many people choose this wasted path. That is the real story that the public seems to miss in part because these one-off George Floyd events.

If that's our infrastructure team, a year from now we'll have a couple holes drilled and a few pieces of scrap metal.

WTF are you babbling about? You sound like your leader Biden. Nobody in Texas whined because they didn't have enough shelter. We are pissed because you dumbfuck slimeball Dems pushed your Green New Deal solar and wind energy on us and it couldn't support the grid load.

Actually we were all pissed about ERCOT planning poorly. That and the freak instance of every county in the state from Brownsville, to el paso to the panhandle was below freezing at the same time.

40% of generation down for scheduled maintenance plus the weather related generation outages, that's the kind of freak instance that just never happens.

Just my humble option, but you can't blame outsiders for Texas' troubles.

It's hot in AZ, and people die of the heat all the time. It's cold in Montana and AK, and people die of the cold all the time.

No one in those places ever started whining about not having proper shelter (a basic survival need you might want to address yourself), blamed it on the democrats or even the government generally, and no one from Texas came running to help. I guess this is why everyone thinks Texas is such as special place.

Maybe if you didn't have like 450 disorganized archaic counties in Texas, Texas could pull together a common plan so people outside the metros wouldn't die of exposure, but that's obviously not plausible with what the state has to work with.

The state needs to be reorganized into maybe 15 counties to get anything done. Unfortunately, back in the day, every rancher wanted to have his brothers be the county judge and the county sheriff, and that's how the state still sort of rolls.
You don't know what your talking about here

Obama's war on coal shut down several coal plants that could have been producing energy.. Those affects are still being felt as there are several more slated to close in the next couple years.

The 'fake' price adders in 2015 creating $9/Kwh trying to mimic a 'free-market' probably isn't helping either. Ripe for abuse and manipulation by the energy conglomerates in Texas. So, to fix their uproar of the billions in excess fees over those couple days, they are talking about making it illegal for end customers to truly by at their fake "whole-sale energy" prices.
But these fees end up in the prices anyway, just spread over the entire population.

I hear that the Pedo administration also refused a request to allow the plants that were online to run at increased capacity. Apparently to those mental midgets, lives are *less* important than a plant running slightly above EPA limits for a couple days. *THAT* pisses *me* off!!!!

Reactions: Snuby642