• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Hunting with suppresors in Tx

adam1122

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Tx
Looks very promising that they will be changing the law on hunting game animals using cans this year. Full article link and key quote from it below....

Regarding the proposed amendment allowing the use of silencers, the department has determined that there is no resource- or enforcement-related reason to prohibit the use of firearm silencers for the take of alligators, game animals or game birds, and therefore proposes to eliminate the current prohibition. The department notes that if the proposal is adopted, it will not relieve any person of the obligation to otherwise comply with any applicable state, federal, or local law governing the possession or use of firearm silencers.

Comments on the proposed rules may be submitted by phone or e-mail to Robert Macdonald (512) 389-4775; e-mail: [email protected], Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, 4200 Smith School Road, Austin, Texas 78744. Comments may also be submitted through the department’s Internet web site and at upcoming public meetings to be scheduled around the state.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/newsmedia/re...12&nrsearch

Re: Hunting with suppresors in Tx

Sent an email to Mr. MacDonald this morning after reading this. Hopefully my 30P-1 will be in before next deer hunting season.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prossound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here is the link to the comments section of the TPWD site. if you are a TX resident please leave a comment. they are IP logging so just once please.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/feedback/public_comment/proposals/201203_hunting.phtml </div></div>

Just left my notes. All you Texas guys follow the link and let Texas Parks & Wildlife know they are making the right decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i filled it out and them e-mail my friends the link. </div></div>

thanks for spreading the word

Thanks for the note, gents. I heard about this but appreciate the reminder and the link. I live in New Mexico but mom owns property in Texas and I have a lifetime license in Texas.

Would be nice not to have to screw the can off if a deer shows up. Use the suppressor now for coyotes and hogs. Would be great to protect the hearing on game animals too.

-David
Edgewood, NM

If I am correct the state put this on the agenda correct?
it would seem that if they put it up that it would pass. I hope so. I got a thunderbeast on the way

That's great news. I would love to see it approved.

It will be great but if you dont already have your collection of suppressors full I bet the wait will triple. Good thing I have 15 cans pending. Yes it will be a fun year starting any day now I should be getting items approved every few weeks. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be great but if you dont already have your collection of suppressors full I bet the wait will triple. Good thing I have 15 cans pending. Yes it will be a fun year starting any day now I should be getting items approved every few weeks. PG</div></div>

I did the same this past summer, but on a smaller scale. Every 2 weeks - 1 month, I get a present to myself!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be great but if you dont already have your collection of suppressors full I bet the wait will triple. Good thing I have 15 cans pending. Yes it will be a fun year starting any day now I should be getting items approved every few weeks. PG </div></div>

Wow, that is impressive. $3K in tax stamp is a lot. I wish I can get that many. Maybe 1 or 2 more for me if I am that lucky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chu2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will be great but if you dont already have your collection of suppressors full I bet the wait will triple. Good thing I have 15 cans pending. Yes it will be a fun year starting any day now I should be getting items approved every few weeks. PG </div></div>

Wow, that is impressive. $3K in tax stamp is a lot. I wish I can get that many. Maybe 1 or 2 more for me if I am that lucky. </div></div>

Let me help it make more sense I dont have kids and I am 45 so what else am I going to spend my fun money on? I dont care much about cars spend more last year on guns then I did my car...

This will more than likely help the suppressor market and hopefully the ATF will increase its employees to handle NFA items if more states pass things like this.

Comments left both via website and email. Hopefully this goes through!

I just got a message from TPWD that all comments are considered. so even if you do not live in TX leave a comment

Sent. How bout that part about opening Dallas for Deer? That sounds like trouble....

If you send an email please make sure to reference the200 tax stamp per can. Make no mistake that's a big factor for them to consider. It's 200 bucks per tax stamp PER CAN. Mega bucks for Texas budget.

Thanks gents.

My understanding is that's a federal tax, not a state tax, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you send an email please make sure to reference the200 tax stamp per can. Make no mistake that's a big factor for them to consider. It's 200 bucks per tax stamp PER CAN. Mega bucks for Texas budget.

Thanks gents. </div></div>

Does not go to the state. That tax goes to the FED GOV

My mistake...it is a fed tax...either way they make money so they should have interest in approving the bill. Some of the money could be allocated to come back to the state of Texas in the form of any type of funding, grants.....anything.

does that 200 tax stamp what exactly does that mean is this when u buy a can or u have to pay extra 200 to use a can during hunting season

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbledroptine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does that 200 tax stamp what exactly does that mean is this when u buy a can or u have to pay extra 200 to use a can during hunting season </div></div>

$200.00 tax fo fed when you buy NFA item ie suppressor. No other charge to hunt.