• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hydroformed 6dasher brass

coach4christ

Head mop pusher
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
NW Louisiana
Waiting on my barreled action to get back from the smith. I just bought 200 pieces of Hydroformed lapua brass from Hunts Long Range. Will this brass be load and go, or do I nee to run it through a sizing die??

Last edited:
Never heard of them so don't know what their process entails. The only 6 Dasher brass I've used that was ready to use out of the box (no fire forming at all) is from DJ'S Brass.
He can be found on Accurate Shooter forum. He delivers work that is meticulously done and delivers it in very short order. He also does neck turning and annealing; even will point bullets for you.
EDIT
Link to his website:
http://www.djsbrass.com

Last edited:
Hunts Brass is good to go from what I've read. Personally I would pull firing pin and ejector plunger from bolt and try chambering a few pieces of brass to see if there is any resistance when closing the bolt on the hydroformed brass. If there is resistance I would size them only just enough to have them chamber with little/no effort but not create excess headspace. If they drop into the chamber with zero resistance I'd probably fire a few then measure shoulder difference to find out what kind of headspace they had before loading up all 200 cases. If there was a bunch of excess headspace for some reason (unlikely from what I've heard of the brass) then you might consider jamming bullets on the first firing.

Everything I've heard of the brass suggests it should just be load and go, but it never hurts to double check things.

Is the 'ridge' you can see in the pic normal for fireformed brass? These are from a buddy who just got some. You can see the ridge below shoulder

Attachments

• photo79701.jpg
    photo79701.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 44