• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am doing damage control work, if you complain...

There would be periodic "blips" of outages where you will click to, lets say go back to the main menu, and the browser freezes. After 2 minutes, an error page from 'Parallels H Sphere' would appear with a message about a server request error. Refresh the page again after the Parallel page appears and the Hide will return back to normal... Early evening around 8pm to 12am EST is when it would happen most frequently and I always attributed it to traffic...

Last edited:
Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Sessions, like in the number of https sessions (or connection processes) might be of more value than just users.

DOS attacks work because they overload the source resources. CPU, network, memory etc.

And you can basically launch a DOS attack with the click of a button and stop it with another click. Often times periodic disruptions are more intrusive than a prolonged attack. And prolonged attacks make them easier to identify.

BTW, I have never done this, just heard from a friend.

BTW, I have never done this, just heard from a friend.

F0B9C0B1-E845-414F-837A-108649738B2C.png

:ROFLMAO: ;)

Well, if nothing else, you can go to bed tonight knowing you’re doing something right, Frank. Rarely does anyone attract this kind of attention when they’re effing things up. Sucks, but that’s been my life experience. I always encounter the most resistance when I’m on the right path!

Man it's like clockwork there is definitely something on repeat that is killing the site at this time

it's not traffic, its an attack it's always the same times
Maybe a scheduled bot attack. Do the logs show the IP addresses? Are they random looking, or appear to be in a common block,or range?

Reactions: Bender
It was 7:44 eastern time and I could not log into the Hide from mobile phone. Didn't try the laptop and checked back in five minutes and it logged right on.

If that helps.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
If you can tell they come from a specific region, maybe the site host can configure the firewall to geoblock that region. Block access from China, North Korea, etc.

We are trying to figure out why the site is crashing,

There is clearly an issue, we understand this, so now we are in damage control mode to fix this.

That said, we have to make some bold changes to test the site in order to diagnose the problem

If you jump on and start threads over it, I am just deleting your account.

I have ZERO Patience for bullshit at this point because I have invested $1000s in this change and nothing is working correctly.

We are close to a month behind in these changes and I want this off my plate,

So bare with, keep your wise ass comments to yourself and let us work

Seriously what is happening behind the scenes is annoying to say the least, if you add to, done
That's my Frank. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
It was 7:44 eastern time and I could not log into the Hide from mobile phone. Didn't try the laptop and checked back in five minutes and it logged right on.

If that helps.

Yep, seems like you hit one of those blips... Only after you reach the error page can the page then be refreshed and return to normal.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Is the Chinese government going on the warpath to any site that has anyone saying anything bad about the Chinese?
That could be a rather serious escalation on their part.

As noted earlier in the day with the attacks from yesterday

we have detected 4386 DOS attempts that resulted in 1610 networks being banned for the next 24 hours - most of them were from China as expected.

I'm not an IT guy but that seems like a LOT of friggin volume.

See if you get some solicitations in the next day or two for new ISP guys who "specialize in DNS attacks". Sounds like you're being specifically targeted, so it will be interesting to see if someone reaches out to you.

Is it possible that you pissed someone off recently who has IT connections?

Hope your network guys can isolate it and lock it down.

I'm not an IT guy but that seems like a LOT of friggin volume.

See if you get some solicitations in the next day or two for new ISP guys who "specialize in DNS attacks". Sounds like you're being specifically targeted, so it will be interesting to see if someone reaches out to you.

Is it possible that you pissed someone off recently who has IT connections?

Hope your network guys can isolate it and lock it down.
It's that fucking GreendayOU812 fucking fucker!

Technology is wonderful, until it isn't :ROFLMAO: hope that you all figure out the server issues with ease and only a minimal amount of R&R. Thanks for all that you guys do to provide us with an awesome online community!

What’s China got against the Hide?

In a perfect world, all they should be getting for fucking around like this is a world of pain...

If there was only a way to tweak the motherfucker's house power supply after the origin of the attacks have been triangulated so a very fast moving fire sweeps through his walls as he sleeps...

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Think this has anything to do with the uptick of the 'fuck china' mentality both here and on ARF?

Nobody wanted to have this mentality. The Chicoms brought it upon themselves. It seems that every time I check the sources coming out of there that is pandemic related, the level of fuckery that is associated with them is growing by exponential numbers.

I hope everybody that is reading the Hide in China right now and nodding at us in silent agreement with what we are saying owns or have access to a 3D printer.

Opps... Can't stop the signal now... It ain't pretty but last time I checked, you don't need a pretty hammer for breaking boulders into railroad track ballast.

They need instructions on how to build black powder revolvers and guns and make their own powder and projectiles.

A lot of places buying ammunition is not exactly allowed.

Don't forget how to make their own primers.

Imagine you don't have access to anything that we have for firearms, no powder, no projectiles, no primers, no brass, no guns, no gun parts, no ammunition.

You have to covertly make every single thing from scratch.

That's what they need the information on.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
They need instructions on how to build black powder revolvers and guns and make their own powder and projectiles.

A lot of places buying ammunition is not exactly allowed.

Tibet, Guizhou, ethnic Miao tribesmen in Guangxi, and the Erlun'tsen (Manchu) autonomous region in South Gobi are known for their extremely accurate flintlocks. The techniques to carve progressive rifling into barrels had been passed from the Nepalese who had been working closely with the British in the 19th century into the highlands of Guangxi. Go to any long haul truck stop in southern China and you will find a grizzled, snaggletoothed driver who will tell you, in hushed tones, about the land confiscation wars of the early 2000's and how PLA and PLA police convoys heading into the mountains would suddenly hear a single sharp crack coming from the lip of a distant ridge, and the chest of a random soldier will explode and shower his comrades with gore and bits of heart and lung. Outside of the metropolitan areas, the CCP really have no control. Control rests with the regional "bosses" who are as liable to instantly switch sides as they are to sing the praises of the Communist Party when the suits are in town.

Reactions: Maxwell
Don't forget how to make their own primers.

Imagine you don't have access to anything that we have for firearms, no powder, no projectiles, no primers, no brass, no guns, no gun parts, no ammunition.

You have to covertly make every single thing from scratch.

That's what they need the information on.

Or just organize a 500 million man charge on the Beijing...armed with spears, axes, or other sharp implements.

One thing I noticed is the default theme changed to the new/light background, even I changed it back to the dark one in preference, saved it, a while later, it kind of reset/or didn't save the settings I made. Not sure if this is related to server performance wise but it is kind of annoying, thought just let you know.

Still crashing more than usual... but looks like a huge upgrade and some unstable software...

Wondering if any of it is due to outside attacks?

All good here. Yes, occasional hiccups. But in the grand scheme of things... Meh. All good.

Keep up the good work and this, too, shall pass.

Sirhr