• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I don't want to go to fucking Atlanta next week

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I'm only going because the wife has a conference there and I was guilt tripped into going along because she "doesn't want to get raped".

I googled Atlanta and the only thing it confirmed is that I have no interest in being there. Yay.

Anything worthwhile to do, or go to as far as food or anything? Or am I just destined to sit in the hotel, order room service all day that her hospital gets to pay for and shitpost on here?

Get in touch with Moses the Tank. He should be able to give you some ideas. Check your pm

Last edited:
    Fuck Atlanta. No matter what you try to do you're gonna be stuck in traffic the whole day. You could visit the German consulate and get talked to like your an assholes all day.

Georgia is nice. Atlanta is a fucking nightmare.

Stay out of the Democrat areas if you catch my drift (not easy in Hotlanta). Lock your doors and keep a close eye on your shit.

Stay out of the Democrat areas if you catch my drift (not easy in Hotlanta). Lock your doors and keep a close eye on your shit.

And make sure your state gets reciprocity with GA

My brother-in-law works at Atlanta Zoo. If you have interest, it’s worth it. Lots of good breakfast places around the park (that the zoo is in).

Otherwise, if you think Atlanta is bad, you guys don’t get out much. Ever been to Mali?

The aquarium is pretty damn legitimate! Whale sharks and stuff. Its a money trap but a good way to kill time.

My brother-in-law works at Atlanta Zoo. If you have interest, it’s worth it. Lots of good breakfast places around the park (that the zoo is in).

Otherwise, if you think Atlanta is bad, you guys don’t get out much. Ever been to Mali?

I've been in a wet trench on the Albania/Kosovo border in January, and I still don't want to go to fucking Atlanta. :p

I went to a conference at Morehouse College when I was a young lad......
    no really. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and all.

Went to a couple jazz joints in Buckhead, drank some good whiskey, had a little fun.
    I dont know anything about traffic, I just rode the train, again, blonde hair, blue eyes and all.

I had hair to my midback and a full beard and was in Birkenstocks, so I think they all thought I was crazy or the second coming......

Pink pony and the cheetah.

+1 for Cheetah.

Maybe you could see if your wife wants to go........Make a date of it. ;)

I was there two decades ago for an Electrical Trade show. CNN H/Q was right across the street, so I went on the tour for shits and giggles. What struck me was the apparent ability of CNN to fabricate whatever news story they wanted to, however they wanted to.....ala "Wag the Dog". How clairvoyant of me. I had no idea at that time just how right I was. Back then, it was still owned by ted turner (and hanoi jane). It's gotten worse by orders of magnitude since then.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm required to do this since it was mentioned...
    9k=
    snoppy.jpg
    janefondafuckher.jpg
    snoopy.jpg

Shoot some skeet at Tom Lowe shooting. If you've never had legit negro soul food, K&K Soul Food on Donald Hollowell Pkwy. Approach from the East and leave the same way (this be da hood).

Unless your wife is a speaker, you should convince her to skip it. Atlanta is a complete shithole.

Shoot some skeet at Tom Lowe shooting. If you've never had legit negro soul food, K&K Soul Food on Donald Hollowell Pkwy. Approach from the East and leave the same way .

Oh shit. you're going to jail....

Atlanta ugh! My sister lives down there in that mad house. A few years ago, I drove through there several times going back and forth to Ft. Jackson, SC, I don't want to ever go back. Then again I'm not a fan of urban areas in general.

If you haven't had a gall bladder function check in a while, go to the Varsity Drive In for a burger & fries or onion rings. If you don't wind up with a bad case of the shits, your gall bladder is good to go.

Seriously, consider Stone Mountain if the weather is good. If you don't mind driving a couple of hours, you can visit the Currahee Military museum in Toccoa,GA.

Whereabouts in Atlanta is the conference and lodging... downtown, Emory, Northside/St Joseph's hospital area? Will you have wheels? Traffic is thick at times but if you like Nascar you'll do fine. 70 to 80 mph at 1 car length. I run about 50,000 miles around this city every year. I live just outside the metro counties by design. Always prepared for danger when I leave the house! As others mentioned you have the zoo, aquarium, Stone Mountain. You could check out Sweetwater Brewery, Chateau Elan winery or you could bring your checkbook or cc and run out to Accurate Ordnance to pickup an "in-stock" rifle. APA isn't but a little further outside the metro, too.

I know a few Buckhead bitches that'll get naked for some lines, be warned though if you have a small dick all their friends get told about it. On the upside tho if you have a big one, all the friends get told about that as well.
    Considering this is a PG rated trip tho, head over to Bullseye dude my girl loves that place. Could put the wife on a full auto if she's never had the chance, plus it's up near me in Lawrenceville quite a ways out from coon central. It's worth it just to take a peek in the class 3 weapons cage.

Atlanta... She does have a point, and yeah, you'll want the pistol. It's a shitty city indeed, like a ghetto 8million+ strong; I moved to PNW to get away from all that shit. There is the Coca Cola museum if you like Coke. Uh, Tyler Perry movies are made there, perhaps you could be an extra in Madea's Christmas special? KKK does rallies on Stone Mtn. IIRC. Most of the southern cities are just boring as fuck IMO/E. They're all the same for the most part. There's a lot of cool shit outside of the city. A lot of Civil War battles were fought there and there's a lot of historical stuff to see.

My list of shit to stay away from is much larger than my to do list in Atlanta. However, I can always keep myself amused for a week or so just about anywhere new. Good museums can do it for me, I spent most of my time in Amsterdam in museums and old churches. Didn't have enough time to come close to seeing it all, you could spend a month in the national museum and never see it all. I'm sure Atlanta has some good museums given it's size, but they won't be anything on par with great European museums or the Smithsonian. Probably a good Civil War museum, I'd be shocked if they didn't.

If you drive south, you'll run into Ft. Benning and Ft. Benning has an AWESOME infantry museum. It's a must see, if you go please post pictures here for others to see what I'm talking about. It's not big and the collection outside is kind of pitiful, but inside is filled with treasures. They have the OICW rifles from 60's up to modern times (never seen one in person anywhere else) and rifles put up against the M4 that all lost, several you've never seen. A real G11. Two nuclear mortars. Polished, solid brass Gatling guns with carriage and caisson. Some of the saddest letters ever. Awards and uniforms of historical figures like Audie Murphy and Sgt. York. A giant bronze Hitler head that was cut off and turned upside down for use as a garbage can. Solid gold scepters that Hitler's high command carried. I spent two or three days there when I was in Airborne hold in fall '01. My "battle buddy" from basic was on guard duty, who was the only other person on the museum floor, so I got to spend those 2-3 days all alone in there, but I'm a museum hound, I look at EVERYTHING. You'd probably be good to spend half a day in there and fart around some on post (there are a lot of historical sites there as a matter of fact). Check it out. Don't know if you have military ID or not or what the deal is with civilians now --I'd imagine they'd let you into the museum at least.

To the north you'll run into Chickamauga --a HUGE battlefield just south of Chattanooga. Also to the north you'll run into the Appalachians and karst topography... It's beautiful. There's a lot of hiking out there and IMO/E, is the best place in the country to hike. I'm sure everyone has their own take on that, but for me it's still that armpit of AL, GA and TN. Not sure if they have any caves near Atlanta that are worth going to, but there are a lot of awesome caves in that part of the country; one in AL may be the largest cave/longest cave on Earth with over 100miles of caverns IF they can prove two "smaller" caves connect.

It may seem like a long drive, but on the highways there it takes no time.

Had a conference there last year and took the wife down. I had expected a shit hole, but we loved Atlanta. We stayed in the downtown area and went to the aquarium, world of coke cola, ate some of the best BBQ I've ever had and had some awesome IPA's. The downtown area was cleaner than a lot of big cities I have been in and we had no issues.

I'm back. I survived!

Cliffs notes:

- Apparently snow, even a little bit shuts things down. I don't mean, some schools closed and there's a little bit of ice on the road, I mean literally the 'President Madagascar, SHUT.DOWN.EVERYTHING!' meme. In the actual city of Atlanta where I was, there was maybe an hour of snow that went away and turned into water from a decent rain storm within an hour; from this, every store, restaurant and even our fucking maid services in the hotel were MIA and closed until Saturday - 2 days later. It was a fucking joke how laughable this was.

- I went to the aquarium. I was allowed to get a 'penguin encounter' where you got to actually hang out and play with a penguin and their caretakers. They brought the first one in and he kind of chilled out, wanted me to pet him a little and then went to go eat. They brought in another one, named, I shit you not, Hadji (my wife started laughing and they didn't know why) who decided to have a 5 minute staring contest with me and then walk away and projectile shit from 2-3 feet away onto my shoes.

- Was hard pressed to find actually exceptional food. Mostly everything was meh. Finally went to a place called the Atlanta Breakfast Club which was fantastic as well as the Steamhouse. Everything else was mediocre as fuck.

- Snow apparently means mexicans can't go to work for 2 days or something.

- Fuck Atlanta cab drivers and their bullshit. Wife's hospital was paying for everything, but got into the 2nd cab after yelling at the first one to actually run his meter and he tried to pull the same shit where he was magically going to pull a random number out of his ass and told them all to get fucked. First real time we did Uber and went with it the rest of the trip with 0 issues. Will never use a cab again.

- Since the trip was last minute I got stuck in a fucking middle seat on the Denver to Atlanta flight (thanks to my wife). Managed to bribe some guy with 1 beer for a window seat.

- No one was raped and I didn't have to shoot anyone. Overall the city is much tamer than I had thought (maybe due to the weather?) but overall the trip was just a giant meh.

I don't think a lap dance would be better if the stripper is pissing.....

It is hard to put up with shit like that. No driveby shootings and they are all underground just because of a little snow? They need to toughen up.
    It is also a real piss-off when the Old Lady didn't get you a window seat. I can relate to that. I want to see out even if it is only the wing and I have to rubberneck to see where we just were. Not going to do that again.
    See if the Wife can get you out to Salt Lake City where you can stay in a really nice hotel and go out on the balcony to watch the Homeless/Bums shit in the bushes next time.
    That was an adventure.
    Maybe the Southside of Chicago would be more fun. At least there you could dodge bullets. What a mess and nobody doing anything about it.
    Rich and vibrant cultures. in either place. FM

Last edited:
    You my friend, have apparently never been to Dubai.

I've never even been out of the US. You saying I can go get pissed on by a hot arab chick in Dubai without getting my head cut off? Something about that seems backwards...

Sorry I missed you this trip.

Atlanta is a cultural dead zone. It is full of metro faggots that can neither argue a good argument nor defend themselves when the time comes. That's a -2 on fun. It does, however, have some fantastic restaurants. There is every opportunity to enjoy a fine meal and take a shit on a CNN staffers dinner plate at the same time. It is one of the few things that make venturing inside the city limits tolerable.

The shooting scene is pretty good. Tue and Thu are USPSA (I shot an Uzi in PCC last evening), Saturday and/or Sunday has every kind of match within an hours drive of the city. Aside from a ridiculous overpopulation of deer metro Atlanta have a surplus of yotes and hogs. I have taken a dog or two before heading to work in the morning. But if you are up for some real fun, and I know you are, then it's southwest Atl all night, especially hot summer nights.