• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors I have some Forms now.

Texasshooter30

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2011
I care my "Copies" of my form 1 and 4s with my rifles. I am 31 years old now and was wandering what is the best way to preserve my original forms in the safe. These things (papers) get old and come apart over time. I know, dont fold them but the BATFE folds them and mails them to you at the get go.
So once again from some of you older guys I guess, what best preserves the original paper work?
I currently keep them in a document protector in the safe but they are still aging badly I guess.

Re: I have some Forms now.

Laminating some documents invalidates them. SS cards, for instance. I would not recommend laminating them.

If you're keeping the originals just get a good sheet protector, like for a 3-ring binder, and keep it flat in the safe. If you really want to go nuts get a safe box at a bank that keeps the temp and humidity regulated. I don't see how your docs are being broken down if they're stored in your document safe unless your safe isn't sealing out moisture. You might want to get one of those silica gel inserts, like they use in gun cabinets, to keep the inside of the safe from humidity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">laminate them </div></div>

You NEVER laminate a tax document!!!!!!!!!! They are invalid once you alter them, fairly sure thats a punishable offense.

I think you're either overestimating your realistic lifespan, or underestimating paper. Just keep it in reasonable conditions in a filing cabinet or something.
My grandfathers documents are still in fine condition, just being in a filing cabinet.

I gave my dealer a box of Cotton Resume paper so when he prints my forms, he uses my paper. It should last longer than wood pulp paper but I'm just particular about my forms and it holds the ink better. I just finished my first box, so I guess I'll have to get the box of 100.
cool.gif

Resume Paper

Interesting post.

Anyone else insist on laser printers over ink jets in the case of moisture and bleeding on the form?

you can always request a certified copy of your document.