• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I need a good rimfire scope, opinions?

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
I am looking for an el cheapo scope to mount on a GSG-5 .22 Preferably under 170.00. Just for plinking and running down prairie dogs when I'm tired of sending centerfire down range.

I was looking at Simmons and BSA what do you guys think

Re: I need a good rimfire scope, opinions?

+1 on Weaver

I us a V16 in small bore Bench rest and know many others who do also. Weaver makes a good scope for the money.

Sir
I am shootin a Leapers scope (really cheap ) but optics are very clear and I can focus down to 7.5 meters or so for a very short indoor range I made. I have about 1000 rounds (not many I know ) of .22 through the scope and it has had no problems.

I would suggest the Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50 AO Mildot for $169 from Scott. I have been looking at these scopes for a while now and have heard several good reviews. If you don't like the 50mm objective they have a new 30mm illuminated objective. I think almost everyone on here would tell you not to buy a BSA scope.

http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html

If cheap is what you want, Wally World has a CenterPoint 4-14x for $70. The guys at Rimfirecentral.com seem to find them adequate for their purposes, although I would bet the ones who claim "great clarity" have never actually seen top quality glass.

I am contemplating one for my Savage MkII until my USO gets here and my Falcon can go on the MkII. If it turns out to be crap, Wally world will always take it back and sell it to someone else.
wink.gif

Im using the wally world centerpoint scope on both my savage mod 10fcp and my savage MK II btvs. So far they have performed fine. Yeah the turrets feel kinda cheap,but they work. The glass is decent. As good as the SS anyways. The one on my .308 has had somewhere around 300rnd through it without breakage. The one on my MKII is doing great also. The one for my .308 has been used out to 700yds so it get a decent amount of clicking done on it and I have used the one on my .22 to take me out to 330 yds.
They are no NF, but they should be fine for use on a .22.

Look at the konus line. Their 120 to 170 scopes are hard to beat for the money.
Very clear glass, etched reticles and an over the counter warranty.

+1 on the Weaver V16 great little rimfire scope
Dustin

The bottom of the line Pentax scopes can be found in the $80-100 range and are rather nice on a .22

I have one on my 504.

If Pentax would ditch the hold over reticle and set the parallax at 50 or 75 yds on their 2-7, they would own the low-midrange .22 scope market.